Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Phantom oath

04-09-2013

over all I'd say only people that like this patch are those that let a lux get fed :\

Rauron

04-09-2013

Lux has been a -bit- too strong for a little while now, with too much ability to do too many different things. It makes sense that she got nerfed... but I think the direction was wrong. I think that the MS nerf was especially uncalled for, because it will effect too many things. She'll have a harder time getting into position for her abilities, a harder time staying at optimal range, a harder time avoiding ganks, a harder time ganking... it's quite a list.

Lux does need to be nerfed, but I don't think it's a good idea to just outright cut away some of her potential. Rather, I feel that her power should just be redistributed. The aim of those changes was to force greater strategic awareness, but I feel that, instead, she just lost a chunk of playability and will be forced to be passive in lane. She'll still be problematic, but will lose some fun and risk/reward.

Here's my idea: Right now, her ability to poke safely in lane is too high, especially with the damage she can do and the range of her build options. Also, she can push her lane with relative impunity. This is mainly because her E does a lot of damage at high range, and the mana cost/cooldown are easy for her to mitigate. So,

Lucent Singularity
Reduce damage to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.6 per ability power)

However, this just leaves her with fewer damage tools, and 40 damage lost per E is -huge- at a time when she's going to be going for kill combos. I don't think her kill potential should go down. So,

Illumination
Lux's damaging spells charge the enemies hit with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack will ignite the energy, dealing 10 + (15 x level) magic damage to the target. (raised from 10 + [10xlevel])

At level 9, when her E would have lost 40 damage, her passive will go from 100 damage to 145 damage, actually giving her a higher burst potential (if by a negligible amount). That way, she still has her kill tools in lane and in ganks, but doesn't have nearly as strong of a safe poke/push ability.

I also think it would be a good idea to remove maybe .05 AP ratio from her E and Q each, then add .1 to her ult. Again, this would lower her safe and consistent damage while still letting her have her burst combo, also keeping her power level relatively the same in a teamfight (when she's likely to do one rotation only, but now with potentially much more power in her passive if she plays optimally).

I believe this will redistribute her power to make her less of a problem, without creating new problems for her as the current nerfs likely will.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

You're ****ing everything up even more. Why the ****ing hell do I waste my god damn time on here making entire threads of what I think is wrong with this game if no one ****ing reads or pays attention to them*? How many Teemo, Rengar, etc threads are there on CF, and Riot, and you, Morello, continue to ignore these trash champs month after month?!? WTFever...

Akali
What you should change is revert her passive back to the way it was. Yes, Akali players (including myself) you should have to build your runes & masteries to benefit from having these active at the start of the game, not just get it for ****ing free!!! She really didn't need nerfs to her early game, as her mid-late game is where she is strongest, so huzzah, GJ on buffing her in the only area she didn't need it whatsoever.

Corki
Corki buffs, finally. Not even really noteworthy, though. He needs way, way better AP scaling, especially on missiles...

Okay...I like the new Karma. However I am among many, many of us that feel she needs her old Mantra charges back to feel less like a one shot pony. There is no more "ebb and flow" to her reminescent of an actual exchange of good & bad karma (use up all your good karma ganking/saving an ally; have bad karma since you are now screwed and counter gankable.) But I'll try her out along with these changes. I have virtually no more faith left in you Morello, but we'll see how you did here.

Kayle
Nerfs?!? WTFH! She's already fallen from grace, had her wings broken, smashed & ripped off...and now you go and ****ing nerf her AGAIN?!? WTF are you thinking..."Oh she can cast from too far away..." WTF. Really Morello? Really??

Lux
No more 12 seconds Finales Funkeln's, yay. She was/is pretty trash tier, IMO, and nerfing her seems rather ridiculous. The only reason I'm not terribly pissed about this is that maybe now she'll stop becoming so FotM popular...I'm really quite sick of seeing her in games.

Morgana
*Yawn*

Nami
Please delete. Stupidest champion ever. I feel sorry for the art department, since they did such a great job for her splash screen (har har) but really, she's horrible. I will never, ever buy Nami. Even if she were free, I wouldn't buy her. I dislike her that much.

Nautilus
...on the other hand, here is a bright, shining example of a time when you did an underwater champion the right way. I really don't see why he is getting buffs, as I feel he was already quite stable/strong, but hey, whatever. I notice you are giving him some early game buffs, which is good. Hey he might even be able to, you know, jungle now! Like he was supposed to be able to when you released him...

Nunu
Wrong buffs. FFS, he doesn't need to kill better/stronger/harder/faster, he needs his support strength back. Morello, do you really not understand the roles of the 100+ champions in this game?? Nunu needs a move speed buff, base armor buff, health buff, boosts to every other ability BUT his ultimate. Bah!

Quinn
*Yawn* Yeah, she was fine before. If she's not doing well in % games, it's because who is playing her effing sucks. It's sad, but true. She's so secretly OP, you don't even know.

Urgot
Still trash tier. He's horrid, and only will ever see play as a super exclusive counter, or in very certain team comps. He needs better scaling all around, and a buff to his defensive stats, since he's rather squishy. He should be a quasi-ranged ADC tank, able to stomp around, kill things, and generally be a giant ****ing nightmare. Sort of like an AD Kog'maw.

Volibear
****ing finally the OP bear gets nerfed!!! God damn it, I've been complaining about this guy for over a year now, and only now do you get around to nerfing him, even if just only slightly! So, anyways, it's about damn time. Now, just give a slight nerf to the strength on his passive, and he'll be good.

Items
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
WTH. Why do you keep changing the "Spirit" items so damn much?!? Us junglers build SoAG for durability, not ****ing CDR, idiot. WTH good is it gonna do me now?!? I guess this is just more energy wasted on your mega push to make Udyr seem viable yet again. So sorry, he was broken **** when I bought him, am not experiencing buyer's remorse, am pissed and hurt, and don't wanna play him, regardless of any stupid "buffs" he got. (Read as, ruining every aspect of him, especially in his best role as a jungler/tank.)

Spirit of the Lizard Elder
This item continues to get nerfed...why?!? Because it deals Tons of DamageTM?!? Hardly. I've never seen a single champion that had this own purely because of its stats. Honestly as of its last nerf it was such utter **** I wouldn't ever build it. Now I wouldn't even classify it as an item anymore; it's just a ****ing waste of gold. Just flush it down the toilet insead of buying this ****.

Seraph's Embrace
Seriously?!? That ****ing shield was weak-sauce as it is, and now you are nerfing it?!? Way to make building an AA even more ****ing useless now. I swear to God, you are killing your game a little more with every patch. With every dumb balance change, nerf or buff you make me one step closer to being among the hordes of players that will quit LoL in search of greener pastures...

Muramana
WTFH, again?!? If you have the toggle for this on, this magic sword should deal magic sword. God, I swear you literally find a way to ruin every single thing, in every way you possibly can. I build this thing on Kassadin, since I feel that thematically it works very well (that huge Nether Blade on his arm...Muramana? I think so.) But not anymore.

*If anyone wonders why I feel so entitled as far as my impact and opinion on this game, I've been a rabid supporter of LoL since day one, way back in beta, with massive turret Heimerdinger, a Twitch that could actually roam, and when Cho'gath really was the Terror of the Void, and not some weak little insect like he is now. I've been trying to help the game grow, and come along since then, albeit through many, many breaks, for various reasons. (I almost quit this **** when Teemo got his massive nerfs - still totally unnecessary.) I not only playtest nearly every champion out there, I read forums, the LoL Wiki, and LoLKing every week, keeping track of changes, fads, etc. I track pro players, and watch pro games. I've got thousands of games of LoL, and have gotten far, far more friends into it than what my Recruiter badge shows. This is why I get so pissed when I see people like Morello, who apparently is literally absolutely mad with power, running around nerfing & buffing, and changing anything he likes, w/ no regard for balance, player fun or imput, and generally I feel is running the game into the ground. Or maybe I am wrong, and Morello has to do as he says from evil Chinese Overlords, that want LoL to fail so they can go back to making money selling WoW gold.

So...yet again!

Changes that should be implemented
Teemo buffs: Increase mushroom damage
Rengar: Buff his early game like crazy - with a full rune page and mastery page suited just for jungling, I can't even do an entire jungle route non-leashed. This is just pathetic. Fierce jungle cat? More like timid house cat...
Akali: Revert Twin Disciplines to previous form.
Karthus: Reinstate Death Defied death reduction timer on the undead uber Lich.
Udyr: Remove some of that retarded move speed he gained in place of tankiness.
Karma: Add one more Mantra charge to appease both new & old Karma players, with an added sense of fun & gameplay from "ebb and flow" mechanics.

That's all for now...I'm out of fuel. Myster Rage is done. For now.

llDeathCowll

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
These posts are scrolling by, just wanted to highlight a particularly good discussion point.

Yeah, cause thats why http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Shroud was so popular.

SBSuperman

04-09-2013

When does this patch go live?

Xx MadeInChina X

04-09-2013

GeeGee 2 ez scrubs- Singed still OP hahahahaha

Eagle3y3z

04-09-2013

is lag issues gonna be fixed or are we ignoring it for now Riot?

Far East Shooter

04-09-2013

phaggots. nerfed my lux, she needed a buff

Arkara73

04-09-2013

I think the CD nerf on Lux's Ult was pretty good. I think that the movement speed nerf is unnecessary. I thought she was slow already but oh well. Otherwise great patch. I'm still waiting for those Nocturne buffs though.

inbredpsychosis

04-09-2013

remember when lux had a 24 second ult since release and the same burst potential as she does now and nobody ever complained like this? remember when there used to not be a health stacking meta and you could be bursted from 100% - 0% at level 18 by a fed lux but nobody complained because every other AP could do the same? remember when people played other aps?

pepridge farm remembers