Patch 3.5 balance update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Continuous00

04-09-2013

I like Patches, it makes things different. Which usually means new challenges.

Beija

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGrog View Post

Basically, in Season 2 the focus on resistances had made tank itemization very strong, forcing tanks to be (item-independently) weaker than bruisers to maintain balance.
Season 2

Item1: Philo > Crown

Item2: Aegis > all game

Item3: Boots

Item4: If you have money

Item5: If you have money

Item6: Warmog

I wouldn't say that item customization was limited but you barely had enough time in the game to decide what exactly fit the current situation until it was a little too late.

Season 3 has a much more slower and ambient pace that tanks are given the choice of what exactly they want to build throughout the game.

SirSupple

04-09-2013

Great looking patch! Also I notice that Eleisa's Miricle says in the tool tip 30% cdr on Heal Clairvoyance and Clarity but once you get the permanent buff it says only 25% cdr. Just letter you guys know

DV8

04-09-2013

@morello

So here is a question based on the changes to Muramana

Muramana Elise has always been fun since her spiderlings proc the dmg... With this Change to physical dmg, will BC now be a new standard for a muramana Elise?

dirtysanchez1

04-09-2013

You should just remove Akali from the game at the rate you guys are destroying her.

How am I meant to take advantage of hitting level 6 first if it takes me the same time to acquire three dashes than it would for a regular ultimate to be used and come off cooldown?

windwhispers

04-09-2013

Akali

As an assassin, Akali should be a champion with high risk and high reward. These changes increase her early game risk while retaining her later game potential.

Mark of the Assassin
Initial damage reduced to 35/55/75/95/115 from 45/70/95/120/145
Mark detonation damage Ability Power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
Shadow Dance
Essence of Shadow charge rate increased to 35/25/15 seconds from 25/20/15

This, I don't quite understand. Diana is everything Akali is x2, yet she remains untouched. GD is so unpredictable.

Metathesio

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhispers View Post
Akali

As an assassin, Akali should be a champion with high risk and high reward. These changes increase her early game risk while retaining her later game potential.

Mark of the Assassin
Initial damage reduced to 35/55/75/95/115 from 45/70/95/120/145
Mark detonation damage Ability Power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
Shadow Dance
Essence of Shadow charge rate increased to 35/25/15 seconds from 25/20/15

This, I don't quite understand. Diana is everything Akali is x2, yet she remains untouched. GD is so unpredictable.
One can dash 3+ times, the other can only do so once.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

04-09-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGrog View Post
The change to Spirit of the Ancient Golem is nice. It lost armor, but gained CDR and got its price reduced. Overall this is great for tanks.

Right now, to be tanky, you want to maintain a good balance between health and resistances. The exact math of this depends on the team you're facing, of course, but in Season 3 we typically see champions wanting a health item, followed by a good split of items that give health + armor. So generally you invest around an item's worth of gold more into health than armor.

But tanks, especially the tanks valued more for utility/CC than damage, really want CDR to use their CC more often in a fight. And right now, what gives CDR and what else do these items bring? Frozen Heart (Armor, mana). Locket (Health + Armor). Shurelia's (mostly utility and regen, with a small bit of health). Spirit Visage (Health + MR and sustain). So if you pick up a lot of CDR, you'll find yourself in the position of having a lot of resistances and not much health, which, with the penetration and itemization changes, doesn't make you all that tanky now (unlike in Season 2).

So tanks were forced to go less of the 'I spam my CC to help my team' (CDR) route, and more of the 'I'm tanky and provide auras for my team' (Aegis + Locket) route. And unfortunately, bruisers do that just as well, while trading out some CC for more damage. This is one reason why, in my opinion, we see more picks who are 'bruiser-like' than those who are 'tank-like'.

With the changes to Spirit of the Ancient Golem, it has now become a core tank item: CDR + Health + CC reduction. And buy removing the armor to lower the item's cost, you allow for other, more armor-intensive purchases (like Glacial Shroud), allowing for tanks to get even more CDR in their builds.

Basically, in Season 2 the focus on resistances had made tank itemization very strong, forcing tanks to be (item-independently) weaker than bruisers to maintain balance. The shift to health in Season 3 has left a lot of tanks out in the cold. Right now jungle tanks, for example, are going to probably get Aegis of the Legion and Locket of the Iron Solari, leaving them severely wanting for a CDR choice. Getting CDR from Spirit of the Ancient Golem is obviously good, but getting rid of the armor and cutting the cost is also good, because you can use that extra gold on other resistance/CDR items
These posts are scrolling by, just wanted to highlight a particularly good discussion point.

Phoenix lighting

04-09-2013

I can say i am not happy about Nami, i think that it has had enough range already and does not need more.

MrKFung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Muramana
Toggle damage changed to physical from magic
Ryze,Kass are Gameover