Shyvana's skin problem

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nagor

04-06-2013

Let me start out by saying that I am a huge Shyvana fan and could go on for much too long about how i love her. But thats not why I made this thread, I made this thread because I feel that shyvana's skins are lacking what I think was so cool about the original Shyvana and for me this was how she looked alien and not human, I think this this was mainly from how her skin was a different colour from normal skin colour but all her skins had normal human colour which was the main reason I have never bought a skin for her.

Now this thread is not about getting those skins changed, they have already been made and look cool enough as they are, but this thread is about making the new ice drake Shyvana more like the classic by bringing back a different skin colour. (i'm thinking like dark purple sort of like the dragon forms skin but maybe with a bit of gray) I feel that this would make the skin feel more like how shyvana was meant to feel in the first place and I think would become more popular as a result.

Anyways upvote this thread if you wanna see something like this happen.

(And some art for this idea would be super appreciated thanks!)

Also for those who have not seen ice drake Shyvana yet here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Jw5flO5lZ_M#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i don't feel like the upcoming shyvana skin is the best opportunity to do something like this, but i do think you're pointing out something that we could be more mindful of—the 'half-dragon' nature of shyvana is probably a little under-served in her skins (when not in dragon form, that is). i'd like to give that more consideration in her future skins—there's a lot of potential to do some really cool stuff with that part of her character.

also, thanks for the post! shyvana has been on my mind a lot recently, and it's great to hear feedback like this. :3
i'll take it, also no problem just trying to give my input to try and help one of my most beloved champs.

Mimique

04-06-2013

I agreed and support you, Shyvana is one of the only female on the entire game that has a unusual skin color and isnt a yordle.

EDIT: I mean she is more human then the other females without usual skin colors.

KevinDelMarr

04-06-2013

I think having her have a more human skin color makes her sexier, since she looks more human in a Dragon inspired suit than a Dragon with human features. That's the first thing I noticed anyway. Whether or not making her sexier was the intention, I do see that as consequence. Maybe something more purpley to harken back to her classic design.

Melancholy Exile

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimique View Post
I agreed and support you, Shyvana is one of the only female on the entire game that has a unusual skin color and isnt a yordle.
Soraka, Nami, Elise, Zyra, Morgana, Evelynn. You could arguably add Orianna to that list too.

Beyond Varus and Ryze, who would you consider male champions with unusual skin colours?

Mimique

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
Soraka, Nami, Elise, Zyra, Morgana, Evelynn. You could arguably add Orianna to that list too.

Beyond Varus and Ryze, who would you consider male champions with unusual skin colours?
Well I actually forgot to put the more "human" side of her on that post...
Since All the ones you pointed out arent actually humans.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

the only reason i buy skins for shyv is because i cant stand her defaults non-human colored skin. i also buy skins for all the female yordles to make them have human skin color.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

04-06-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagor View Post
this thread is about making the new ice drake Shyvana more like the classic by bringing back a different skin colour.
i don't feel like the upcoming shyvana skin is the best opportunity to do something like this, but i do think you're pointing out something that we could be more mindful of—the 'half-dragon' nature of shyvana is probably a little under-served in her skins (when not in dragon form, that is). i'd like to give that more consideration in her future skins—there's a lot of potential to do some really cool stuff with that part of her character.

also, thanks for the post! shyvana has been on my mind a lot recently, and it's great to hear feedback like this. :3

Postal Miku

04-06-2013

Skarner is all like
>;_;<

Ricky B0bby

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

Have you given any thought to shyvana gameplay changes since the s3 changes really hurt her? Such as adding a slow to her E so she gank more effectively

One commonly addressed topic on shyvana is making it so her ult can not be interrupted (the initial flying portion of it) and also that it is very buggy and often does not drag champions it hits as it is intended to do

NotBuzzJack

04-06-2013

If only skins were Shyvana's only problem.