@Lyte: Reporting too much?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toxic Advice

04-05-2013

Hey Lyte,

I remember you saying that your reports get weighted less if you excessively use the report feature. I was curious if they also get more heavily weighted if you result in more players being punished by the tribunal.

Regardless, can you look to see if I my report power is still kicking?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes, reports can gain more weight if you are accurate at identifying negative behaviors.

Unfortunately, I can't check personal report weights or else we'd be flooded with the same request from other players.

Crsh

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Yes, reports can gain more weight if you are accurate at identifying negative behaviors.

Unfortunately, I can't check personal report weights or else we'd be flooded with the same request from other players.
Can you do his as a general example for the rest of us?

DRAAAAAAAAAAAVEN

04-05-2013

Yeah I had asked about this earlier, got no response. Wasn't even able to know if I've ever had enough reports to come close to a suspension/warning. Curiosity too strong!

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Given that there would definitely be high demand for that information, do you guys think you would ever consider giving it to us in some way?

I don't really see much of a potential for it to be abused.

Zerglinator

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Given that there would definitely be high demand for that information, do you guys think you would ever consider giving it to us in some way?

Really? You don't think people will go "I'm gonna report you, and I have a HIGH report weight, so watch out!"

BigPatches

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post

Would people possibly start thinking twice about reporting if they could view their influence?

I'm sure some people would intentionally tank it just for the hell of it though.

PaulTheMerc

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Really? You don't think people will go "I'm gonna report you, and I have a HIGH report weight, so watch out!"
if u can only see ur own, it would work the other way too, i could bluff

WarlordAlpha

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Given that Lyte et.al have stated that the toxic players are the ones who have low report weights and are generally the ones who threaten to report people, I doubt that anyone with a high report weight is going to start threatening people with it.

And even then, does it really change things from how they are now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPatches View Post
Would people possibly start thinking twice about reporting if they could view their influence?
That's a decent point

SPIKE SPlEGEL

04-05-2013

Quote:

Idea, for the future, have something that keeps track of the statistic so we can personally see this. That way we don't have to ask and we have the information at our fingertips!