Pick Order or Call Order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatmolested

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotayy View Post
Isnt it okay to not know one role? Also..Support is a must. Because theres a really high chance of getting a team that says "anything but support" -.-
Not knowing 1 out of 5 roles is fine. People who say "im going top cause idk how to *insert roles here* and I'm first pick" are the problem.

Most of the idiots who try to enforce the pick order rule feed anyway.

PoisonedPeace

04-05-2013

What is so hard to understand about this.
I pick first. I pick a top champ. (Hey guess what you can't be top unless you gonna troll)
Joe picks second. Joe picks a jungler. (Hey guess what you can't be jungle unless you gonna troll)
Travis picks third. Travis picks a mid. (Hey guess what you can't be mid unless you gonna troll)
Amanda picks fourth. Amanda picks a support. (Hey guess what you can't be support unless you gonna troll)
You pick last. You pick an adc champ because you want to win, and you know that your team needs an adc.

That is how it works. In high elo games, people don't even need to speak.

Dotayy

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
What is so hard to understand about this.
I pick first. I pick a top champ. (Hey guess what you can't be top unless you gonna troll)
Joe picks second. Joe picks a jungler. (Hey guess what you can't be jungle unless you gonna troll)
Travis picks third. Travis picks a mid. (Hey guess what you can't be mid unless you gonna troll)
Amanda picks fourth. Amanda picks a support. (Hey guess what you can't be support unless you gonna troll)
You pick last. You pick an adc champ because you want to win, and you know that your team needs an adc.

That is how it works. In high elo games, people don't even need to speak.
Yeah?
What about these guys and their best to worst role in that order.
A: Top/supp/jungle/adc/mid
B: Mid/adc/jungle/top/supp
C: Jungle/adc/mid/top/supp
D: Sup/jungle/mid/adc/top
E: Mid/jungle/top/supp/adc

By your logic it would give E his WORST role.
would that really help team? or if you talked it out and B took adc(his second best) and gave E his best role?

In your opinion who wins the game? The team that went pick order or the team that talked it out and figured out the best way to win?

RedtheCrimson

04-05-2013

In all honesty I hate Pick Order. It's just a big **** you to the rest of the team who may have called something they are good at, and you took it because you think you either deserve it more or would be better at it. That ain't fair.

In the end it's important to realize in both Pick and Call orders, people aren't always gonna get the role they want or what they are best at, you just can't avoid it. I prefer call order, it's more first come first serve. Pick order just says screw you, I'm doin what you wanted to do because I can. That ain't to the good of the whole team.

Probably the best way for Riot to fix this would be to implement more details in Ranked/Normals. Like a role picker, you choose which of 5 roles you'd like to play as (pre-game). The client then forms teams with this feature, forming teams where people are in their desired roles. I think this would be great, as there are so many people that want to do everything there wouldn't be a more longer wait than normal.

YohanasChimpo

04-05-2013

Problem with Call Order is like you said first come first serve. So if you have better internet connection than I do you're gonna get to call faster. I'm not too big of a fan of that considering I'm usually the last one in champion select most of the games I play.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

Personally I've always thought call order is silly. So because one guy types faster than another, hes more qualified for a role? At least the guy with first pick is a slightly higher rating than the guy at last pick. Now whether that means hes better is another matter, but barring other info, you have to assume he is.

That being said, just because you have pick over someone, if someone is really strong with a certain role, sometimes yielding that role to that person can lead to your team winning. So even if you go by pick order, you should still be smart about it.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

Also, this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW___Pjvsn8

MicKretz

04-06-2013

i agree pick order....you dont even know what is being banned yet or picked by the other team when these ppl cal their lanes.....

MY PERSONAL SOLUTION:

this is what i say everygame....."wat i want -1 (2,3,4)" or "first pick taking what i want"

hahahhaha i love this method and it works great for me

Tepin

04-06-2013

If I'm playing Normals and I'm first or second pick I'm taking what I want, I don't care what role you are best at. It's Normals, get your ass out of your comfort zone and become a better player.

In Ranked I will always do the best I can to work with the team and get everyone in a role they are at least comfortable with. I play support 95% of the time in Ranked because I find that my team has a stronger desire to cooperate just by getting that out of the way.

Trizeon

04-06-2013

Thats fine, because when I am last pick and I call a lane I wanted to play that I know I am better at then other roles. I will gladly then fill the roll I did not want and you can find out the hard way WHY I rarely choose that role. Guess what, if you get mad at me in game and say I suck, I will just remind you of pick order. Im sure the majority do not want to do the same role over and over and over and over, it gets old. Also, Im sure alot of people have more then ONE lane they enjoy playing. Now, this goes with communication too. If your last pick and see your going to have to jungle and thats your worse role? say it to the team. Maybe you can work it out. Unless your playing with D bags.. then im sorry.