RiotSchmick AMA / Status Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarmTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
I don't like apples that much. The texture of the red ones bothers me (too mealy?) and the green ones are perfectly crisp, but a bit too sour/tart. If I were going to eat one though, I'd go with green.
Totally with you about mealy apples. However, try and find Gala apples, from New Zealand if possible. They're so so wonderfully crisp and also sweet.

To keep the AMA going, do you know the story behind the name "warmturtle"? Also, do you have a favourite LCS team? EU or NA.

Frostknife

04-05-2013

Dear RiotSchmick,

Will you duel me? I'll go first....

"I'll show you who's boss! Earthbending Style.................. * '-' Ummm I said EARTHBENDING STYLE!"

Labcown

04-05-2013

Favorite Pet?

How many different ways has your name been misspelled?

Who's your Favorite Rioter?

Least Favorite?

Pancakes or Waffles or Crepes?

Which Two Champions would you like to get together the most?

Favorite D&D Universe (if any)?

EDIT: Thought of another:

What type of champion would YOU love to see put into the game?

Macaroni

04-05-2013

I've only seen you post about arams, but do you play normal/ranked at all still?

I main support and if you main adc, maybe play a game sometime. I've yet to play with any rioters

IS1c1d21220aa58ffe97d65

04-05-2013

Have you pitched any "significant" Champion ideas?

Do you support the clamor of some Summoners for the Ice Dervish?

How do you find New Karma?

What do you seek to accomplish (League related) in the next 2 days?

Fate000

04-05-2013

Since you main ADC's, which are your favorite ADC/Support combos to do? Also, what are your thoughts on support Elise, and/or kill-lanes?

Bendak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Where is Riot keeping the people who wrote the Journal of Justice back in the day?

Eiales

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
I don't like apples that much. The texture of the red ones bothers me (too mealy?) and the green ones are perfectly crisp, but a bit too sour/tart. If I were going to eat one though, I'd go with green.
Best Rioter right here!

Was Mafia MF your first choice of avatar? What would you have picked if anything was possible? What would you have picked if MF wasn't available?

Shadowsocks

04-05-2013

Quote:
I have watched quite a few anime, not always in their entirety, but enough to tell I wasn't enjoying it, including Sailor Moon, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Nausicaš, Dragon Ball Z, FLCL, and other random ones on Cartoon Network that I don't know the name of. If you have other suggestions that are different in theme or tone from these, I'm open.

I liked Avatar and Teen Titans, both of which, in my opinion, are kind of anime-ish, but more "Western"ized. I think that's the key difference for me.
I think that most of my favorites aren't like the ones you named, but anime that I strongly recommend:

1. Mirai Nikki, which means Future Diary, is a survival game themed show about 12 very different characters using phone diaries that can predict the future (in different ways based on their personalities) to hunt each other down.

2. Hunter x Hunter, which is about a 12 year old boy named Gon that decides he wants to try to become a Hunter (the term used to describe those who explore the world and are given special privelages) because he thinks that since his father left him to become a Hunter, it must be really amazing. He meets several friends in the brutal Hunter Exam and the show later involves martial arts, fighting in an arena, assassins, and willpower.

3. Steins;Gate involves time travel and its consequences and has the most likable characters I've seen. They story becomes somewhat complex, but I think that the ending couldn't have possibly been better.

Other shows I recommend include Fate/Zero, Spice and Wolf, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Durarara, Monster, Soul Eater, Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari/Nekomonogatari, Madoka Magica, Angel Beats, Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note.

I hope you decide to give some a chance.

RiotSchmick

Software Engineer

04-05-2013
23 of 150 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmTurtle View Post
Totally with you about mealy apples. However, try and find Gala apples, from New Zealand if possible. They're so so wonderfully crisp and also sweet.

To keep the AMA going, do you know the story behind the name "warmturtle"? Also, do you have a favourite LCS team? EU or NA.
I do not know the story.

I also don't have a favorite team. I like to watch the matches, but I guess for whatever reason I don't really feel loyalty to sports teams, I don't feel affinity to any particular esports teams either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostknife View Post
Dear RiotSchmick,

Will you duel me? I'll go first....

"I'll show you who's boss! Earthbending Style.................. * '-' Ummm I said EARTHBENDING STYLE!"
Flameo Sifu Hotman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labcown View Post
Favorite Pet?

How many different ways has your name been misspelled?

Who's your Favorite Rioter?

Least Favorite?

Pancakes or Waffles or Crepes?

Which Two Champions would you like to get together the most?

Favorite D&D Universe (if any)?

EDIT: Thought of another:

What type of champion would YOU love to see put into the game?
I couldn't pick one. I love dogs, rats, and horses. They all have their upsides and downsides (horses are very expensive, rats don't live long enough, dogs can be very demanding of your time). I also like cats, but I've never had one as a pet and I want to do that at some point. My dad and sister are allergic to cats, so we never had them when I was a kid.

Only 2 that I know of - the very common Shmick and then Larias' amazing Schmidt : )

I don't have a favorite or least favorite Rioter. There are too many awesome ones.

Waffles! I like the texture, and the best part is how the syrup and butter forms into little pools in the crevices! Perfect ratio in every bite!

Miss Fortune and Graves (cuz Mafia skins da bes).

Don't have one.

Actually, as part of Riot orientation, we had to design a champion, and I suggested a mermaid champion. Turned out she was already in the works! So my idea for a champ is already in the game. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni View Post
I've only seen you post about arams, but do you play normal/ranked at all still?

I main support and if you main adc, maybe play a game sometime. I've yet to play with any rioters
I do ARAMs for my community games because I can get 9 community people in instead of 4 and I can play 2-3 times as many games in the same amount of time (so 3*9 people get to play instead of 1*4).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS10aa58ffe97d65 View Post
Have you pitched any "significant" Champion ideas?

Do you support the clamor of some Summoners for the Ice Dervish?

How do you find New Karma?

What do you seek to accomplish (League related) in the next 2 days?
I have not.

I am unfamiliar with Ice Dervish.

I main ADC and I haven't gotten her yet in ARAM, so I haven't tried her yet.

Win games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate000 View Post
Since you main ADC's, which are your favorite ADC/Support combos to do? Also, what are your thoughts on support Elise, and/or kill-lanes?
I don't really care so much about specific ADC to support pairings. Supports that I like, with whatever ADC I'm playing, are Taric, Leona, Blitz, and Lulu.

Kill lanes are really fun to try sometimes. I've done support Morgana a bit. I've also had my support run Fids or Panth. Sometimes it fails miserably, but still fun to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendak View Post
Where is Riot keeping the people who wrote the Journal of Justice back in the day?
I don't know who was/is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiales View Post
Best Rioter right here!

Was Mafia MF your first choice of avatar? What would you have picked if anything was possible? What would you have picked if MF wasn't available?
Kitty Katarina and Mafia MF were the two I was torn between. In the end, I went with MF because I main ADC and I hadn't mained Kat in over a year by that time. However, if MF wasn't available, I would have gone with Kat anyway. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsocks View Post
I think that most of my favorites aren't like the ones you named, but anime that I strongly recommend:

1. Mirai Nikki, which means Future Diary, is a survival game themed show about 12 very different characters using phone diaries that can predict the future (in different ways based on their personalities) to hunt each other down.

2. Hunter x Hunter, which is about a 12 year old boy named Gon that decides he wants to try to become a Hunter (the term used to describe those who explore the world and are given special privelages) because he thinks that since his father left him to become a Hunter, it must be really amazing. He meets several friends in the brutal Hunter Exam and the show later involves martial arts, fighting in an arena, assassins, and willpower.

3. Steins;Gate involves time travel and its consequences and has the most likable characters I've seen. They story becomes somewhat complex, but I think that the ending couldn't have possibly been better.

Other shows I recommend include Fate/Zero, Spice and Wolf, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Durarara, Monster, Soul Eater, Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari/Nekomonogatari, Madoka Magica, Angel Beats, Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note.

I hope you decide to give some a chance.
Thanks for the suggestions!