Galio Jungle DOES NOT WORK

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-05-2013
8 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
Id say it works ok. But its there really is no reason to pick Galio over other junglers that just do what he does better. I guess it comes down to favoritism, maybe you just LIKE playing Galio period, even if he aint the best out there.
Who has better team poke and AoE teamfight presence? And can do all of that while being a solid tank?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zliplus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Maokai?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zacheris

Junior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Who has better team poke and AoE teamfight presence? And can do all of that while being a solid tank?
Cho'Gath


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyraKen

Senior Member

04-05-2013

I love jungle Annie. Stun bears make em run.. ;0


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Who has better team poke and AoE teamfight presence? And can do all of that while being a solid tank?
Galio was my most-played champion in Season 2.

I don't hate Jungle Galio, and it's probably decent, but I don't want a champion who's "decent" at a role when I pick them for a teamcomp. There's a reason I play him exclusively mid, where he 1) gets the items he needs and 2) can situationally CRUSH an opponent.

Galio jungle will not outdo most of the other junglers in the things that junglers do. If I wanted a poke/AOE CC jungler, I'd pick Cho'Gath. Cho does much better with low gold due to Feast stacks and his CC is not flash reliant, which allows him to gank more often.

For a better AOE initiate, I'd choose Malphite jungle. For better poke, I'd choose Kha'Zix or Elise.

Galio brings 1) poke, 2) utility (allied haste/defensive steroid), and 3) AOE ultimate CC to the jungle, and that's a niche that only Jungle Morgana shares otherwise . . . Jarvan kinda does a similar role, but his kit works differently. For that, I respect it as a legit build. I would just shudder to see a team comp so lacking in all 3 that I felt it was best to pick jungle Galio to fill all 3 slots.

P.S. I DO hate support Galio.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-05-2013
9 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
Galio was my most-played champion in Season 2.

I don't hate Jungle Galio, and it's probably decent, but I don't want a champion who's "decent" at a role when I pick them for a teamcomp. There's a reason I play him exclusively mid, where he 1) gets the items he needs and 2) can situationally CRUSH an opponent.

Galio jungle will not outdo most of the other junglers in the things that junglers do. If I wanted a poke/AOE CC jungler, I'd pick Cho'Gath. Cho does much better with low gold due to Feast stacks and his CC is not flash reliant, which allows him to gank more often.

For a better AOE initiate, I'd choose Malphite jungle. For better poke, I'd choose Kha'Zix or Elise.

Galio brings 1) poke, 2) utility (allied haste/defensive steroid), and 3) AOE ultimate CC to the jungle, and that's a niche that only Jungle Morgana shares otherwise . . . Jarvan kinda does a similar role, but his kit works differently. For that, I respect it as a legit build. I would just shudder to see a team comp so lacking in all 3 that I felt it was best to pick jungle Galio to fill all 3 slots.

P.S. I DO hate support Galio.
Those are good points about cho and mao. Morgana doesn't have the tankyness Galio has, and I think is more reliant on gold to make damage happen. Cho might be a better alternative, but Galio's teamfight control is stronger. Yes, it's harder to use correctly, and on a longer cooldown, and can be stopped, but the reward for a correct use is strong. Basically, I see your point, but it's not enough to make me not want to play jungle Galio


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GigaBreaker88

Senior Member

04-05-2013

I still suggest jungle Draven from last thread. It may be inappropriate to re-suggest it, but i do feel like it could work for Griftirx due to noone knowing the counterplay. Hell, I'm not even sure what it is. It's the same as jungle Galio, but with slightly better late scaling sue to the nature of ADC's, and has the potential to rack up alot of kill gold, which happens frequently in bronze. give it a go, Griftrix.
EDIT: Lifsteal Quints, Armor Seals, MR Per Level Glyphs, AD Marks. 21-9-0, Smite Mastery in Defense, from there you can decide whther you need minion damage or crit damage, whatever in defense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-05-2013
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaBreaker88 View Post
I still suggest jungle Draven from last thread. It may be inappropriate to re-suggest it, but i do feel like it could work for Griftirx due to noone knowing the counterplay. Hell, I'm not even sure what it is. It's the same as jungle Galio, but with slightly better late scaling sue to the nature of ADC's, and has the potential to rack up alot of kill gold, which happens frequently in bronze. give it a go, Griftrix.
EDIT: Lifsteal Quints, Armor Seals, MR Per Level Glyphs, AD Marks. 21-9-0, Smite Mastery in Defense, from there you can decide whther you need minion damage or crit damage, whatever in defense.
Nocturne is the counterplay to draven


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Except make it through the ban phase...
That response just made me like you more as a person.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Who has better team poke and AoE teamfight presence? And can do all of that while being a solid tank?
Jungle Teemo.