One of those Ideas!

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Ever had one of those ideas that hits you like a sack of potatoes? Well I just had one of these ideas. Does anyone here know the tekken characters Kuma and Panda? Well essentially they are the exact same fighters but they look completely different, have different storylines, but are just different skins for the same character. So I got to thinking, Why not do this for Trundle? (In before downvoted to hell)

Now before you down, or up, vote me hear me out. You make one more Journey into the Freljord article. This post involves Quinn and Valor getting back to Demacia, but when they get there they see Trundle, Quinn demands he be arrested for what he did back on the freljord. Trundle gets taken away by many armed guards but he goes quietly knowing he did nothing wrong. Quinn visits him in DEMACIA jail (Not sure if it has some sort of very specific name) to realize this troll is much smaller and is plague ridden, where as, the troll she saw in the Freljord was massive and covered in ice. She questions him about these trolls in the Frozen Freljord and Trundle says he knows of them, they tried to attack his tribe long before he was born but had failed. They converse longer about the topic and Trundle basically says he would like to meet this troll (And by meet we mean beat, with a club). Give new Troll a name.

But APOCAGENOCITIS, this would mean we would have two very similar if not exactly the same champions in league. This is where the clever part is, you make this new troll a legendary skin for trundle, and instead of making it something like "Frozen Tundra Trundle" you just actually name the new skin whatever the new trolls name is.

On the week this new skin is released, you sell it in a bundle with trundle (A Trundle-Bundle if you will) also you sell it by itself for half-off for the first week. Also you make Trundle half off for that week as well. You have an influx of people buying Trundle and his new skin.

Behold, now the people who like old trundle can play as old trundle, lore and all. And the people who like the rework can play as (Insert Troll Name Here) with the brand new model, particle effects, and Voice. Also you add the remake of Trundle abilities to both skins of course (Having different skins with different abilities make no sense.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Please try to give actual feed back not just how much you hate my idea. Ill be back in like two hours or so.

EDIT:
New Idea! Regrettably it appears we are fighting a losing battle against Riot for reverting the Trundle changes. So why not just change Trundle into a new troll with a different name (Same Moves) and make the traditional Trundle Skin just be Trundle. So you have Brawndle (Ill steal Itemsguy's idea and call him Goruk Khan) and then there is a skin for Brawndle/Goruk called Trundle. The skin is givin to anyone who owns trundle before the skin comes out and looks exactly like Trundle does before the remake (Same model, textures, voice, animations, spells)

Now riot would have a troll to be in the Freljord conflict, The SSoTP would keep trundle and his old lore (You would be able to keep the lore of old trundle now that both trundle and brawndle exist in the same universe) Riot wouldn't have to waste of all of this hard work they did making Brawndle, and if you wanted to push old Trundle into the Freljord story, you could make it so Trundle doesn't like the idea of a Troll King ruling all trolls. This allows you to have sort of a battle of Doppelgangers Between Brawndle/Garuk and Original Trundle.
Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Concerns?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

2 hours later and no responses, thats lame.
BUMP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2013

It's been presented a bit before; it's a possibility.

But it's as much a possibility as them legitimately reworking this ice troll into another champion. Because otherwise, they're going to have to deal with the drama over two champions having the same kits and Riot being called out on, "Why don't you do this for old Karma? She was viable as a solo top/mid to some extent" and further kits that weren't game breaking and might be relaunched.

So, there's kind of the same matter of cost; we don't know what they're doing or are going to do on the matter since lore is all that's being discussed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Come on GD gimme some delicious feedback


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
It's been presented a bit before; it's a possibility.

But it's as much a possibility as them legitimately reworking this ice troll into another champion. Because otherwise, they're going to have to deal with the drama over two champions having the same kits and Riot being called out on, "Why don't you do this for old Karma? She was viable as a solo top/mid to some extent" and further kits that weren't game breaking and might be relaunched.

So, there's kind of the same matter of cost; we don't know what they're doing or are going to do on the matter since lore is all that's being discussed.
Thats what im trying to solve here. Its essentially 1 champion but with two models and two lores. Anyone who owns trundle and the new skin can play as this new character, but it still essentially counts as just being trundle. So you cant have 2 trundles on the same team or anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arboreal Being

Senior Member

04-05-2013

The problems I see...

What is Trundle doing in Demacia in the first place? Does Quinn really have the authority to arrest another League Champion? The difference between the two trolls is also very severe, I'm not sure how she would make that mistake, or assume that the first troll she saw was the same one that was in Freljord.

Those aside the idea is interesting, at least.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboreal Being View Post
The problems I see...

What is Trundle doing in Demacia in the first place? Does Quinn really have the authority to arrest another League Champion? The difference between the two trolls is also very severe, I'm not sure how she would make that mistake, or assume that the first troll she saw was the same one that was in Freljord.

Those aside the idea is interesting, at least.
The idea can be easily rewritten, this was just a quick way to get Trundle in on the whole Freljord war without changing him completely. Thanks for the feedback.

Also I was under the impression that the institute of war was located in Demacia.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocagenocitis View Post
Thats what im trying to solve here. Its essentially 1 champion but with two models and two lores. Anyone who owns trundle and the new skin can play as this new character, but it still essentially counts as just being trundle. So you cant have 2 trundles on the same team or anything.
The difference is again: Backlash on the same kit and lore implications. That's going to cost them more then where they are at.

The new Trundle also becomes RP-only as it'd be a legendary skin (you can imagine the Q_Q storm there---can't offer a skin for IP as well). Plus, they'd have to do something with the skin remakes.

I don't mind a parallel; it's probably best to actually just legitimately make them two different champions and alter the kit for one of them with all the hoops otherwise based
off all the cost damage they'd do if they want to invest in a like-wise plan.

I'm pretty sure their compromise, at best, is going to just be an update to Traditional Trundle, though. Because the lore is again, by creative now, going to be justified; they've ignored any responses to things they could have done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocagenocitis

Senior Member

04-05-2013

I think they are mostly waiting to determine the right thing to say about the subject because how how angry so many people are about the remake. (The post revealing his remake has like -300 rating)

Edit: Also I can see where you are coming from with the backlash, but at the moment no matter what decision they make they will have a massive amount of backlash.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arboreal Being

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocagenocitis View Post
The idea can be easily rewritten, this was just a quick way to get Trundle in on the whole Freljord war without changing him completely. Thanks for the feedback.

Also I was under the impression that the institute of war was located in Demacia.
You're right, and I should not have focused purely on the lore of this idea.

The idea has merit. I think Riot has too many plans for their lore, "plans within plans" as I believe Kitae put it, to throw out the new Trundle altogether, and this is one possible solution. I think it would make much more sense for Riot to simply make a new Troll King champion, but they can't do that as easily now that they've released these announcements about Trundle, so I'll give you a +1 for this.


12