Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Also, on the necromancer matter here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrrion View Post
The curse happened generations ago. Odds are something already happened to the necromancer and even if Trundle wanted "revenge", he is still being kept alive by the curse. Killing the necromancer wouldn't mean a damn thing, especially since Trundle since is accustomed to his life and pretty much at peace with the curse.
You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot here. Necromancers, in general, are tied to taboo magics that tend to make them pretty ageless and often immortal (in a sense). Time, really, wouldn't matter in the scope of that. Additionally, we have no idea how long trolls actually live for in this world. There's a bunch of implications about Trundle's taking on of the disease, but we can only infer about when they would become extinct.

Hakolin the Bonecrafter is driven from the Ruhgosk's tribes lands; they begin seeking a cure afterwords. We then have Trundle's judgment where he decides to not return the disease to his tribe after hearing that he ultimately did nothing for them again and prolonging their lives would not bring him the friendship/place to belong that he sought for. He only had the League and the satisfaction that he could damn them in his own internal suffering.

Here, is where you can make the argument that Trundle's story ends. Also, however, you can make the argument that his entrance to the League of Legends is where it begins. Trundle, before, only knew his tribe. Trundle, upon entering, and making connections with summoners and other League participants has the potential to change his life and view. He's jaded during his judgment; he wishes to do nothing for his race. He feels he was naive then and nothing would change were it to happen now. Is there not the potential that he could change his mind again? Is Trundle's mind so static and disjointed that he couldn't learn from meeting with say Skarner who knows a thing about selfless duty that left him miserable and alone? There's a reason Skarner is so enraged and upset after he wakes up. Read Skarner's judgment after reading Trundle's.

Do you think Skarner couldn't tell Trundle of what he was doing? His selfishness is going to ultimately make him as alone as Skarner as long he chooses to betray his race as he does. Will Trundle be happy in the end that way? Could Trundle not realize that he could be the true hero of his race? That he could restore the disease. That he could confront the necromancer and see if any potential magic could do more for his tribe? The necromancer intended to originally enslave Trundle's brethren. What magics did he possess in their entirety? Could he extend their lives through some unnatural method?

There's lots of story possibilities because Trundle experienced so much as a character within two doses of story. They haven't played with it at all. These are quick, immediate suggestions to how Trundle's lore could have been extended alone. Think about it.

Apocagenocitis

Surakai

04-05-2013

thread should be downvoted.

nothing about new trundle makes any sense at all.

they should just change his abilities but keep everything else the same as the old trundle.

Crashpad Bot

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Lots of kind words in this thread, thank you. There are also a lot of concerned voices, I get that, we changed some stuff. I would only ask you guys that you reserve judgment untill you see him running around on pbe, and until more info is revealed. His new animations are among the best in the game imo. More updates and more art to come. You guys are awesome.
Not that I'm a Trundle Master -- far from it. But the one cool animation/vfx that the original Trundle had that is lacking on the reworked Trundle is the circling flies.

Can you please consider adding this animation/vfx back to the classic/original Trundle rework and to the Junkyard Trundle as well (seems fitting on both of them).

Thanks for any consideration given to this request!

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocagenocitis View Post
TBH I think Riot could have tied his old kit closer to his old lore, and wouldn't mind them remaking the old Trundle I know and love with a new kit that better fits the lore.

That said, the old kit fits old Trundle far better than it does Troll King.

Suckmylancau

04-19-2013

When is the rework?

Molarl

04-28-2013

So,kill trundle,make some money on "Shiny new look!" Par for the course anymore i suppose

NotoriousMrBaker

05-04-2013

Not to seem like a.... Troll (no pun intended), but this new trundle rework has the same lore flaw that a lot of the new champions in LoL have. In the lores of the last 15 champion's to come out (and I stopped reading at 15, because I grew bored and frustrated) only 2, Thresh and Draven, are given the slightest justification for why they joined the league. True, a small minority of champions in this category such as Nami have an implied reason, but mostly these new champions distinctly neutral towards the league. They could join, or they could not, but they really don't have any particular reason to. Some champions, looking at you elise, have lores that actively point away from them joining LoL.
Trundle is one of these neutral and leaning away champions. He's explicitly stated to off in the north trying to united and lead the trolls, what purpose does he have in the league of legends at the current time? None at all, so far as I can tell. Yes the time may come when he can fight, but this definitely isn't the time for it.

Maybe i'm just a bit bitter, remember the days when champions came out with a compelling back story and didn't have the ultimate of another champion as their E (seriously riot what the hell were you thinking when you created Zac?). On an unrelated note, riot also needs to change trundles abilities a bit to make them fit better for his rework. Here's my suggestion. The pillar of ice, which is all anyone remembers about trundle in the first place, should stay as his ultimate. Because its his ultimate the pillar should be a lot bigger, and provide speed boost to trundle and his allies, while slowing his enemies within an area of effect similar to frozen domain. You should get rid of frozen domain, pillar of ice (as the E) and kings tribute as they don't really fit with his image as a frozen troll king. Instead give him an attack/movement speed buff as his W and some sort of Club based ability has a short cone of effect.

Cannon Heart

05-05-2013

Do I think Riot will ever see my post? Probably not. But what I have to say... MUST. BE. SAID.
Riot, you had ONE SIMPLE TASK with Trundle's rework, and you screwed it up!

While I am sad to see old Trundle go, and am somewhat hesitant to fully embrace the new trundle's backstory (for the same reasons a lot of people have, i.e. "Why is he even in the league?"), I do like his new look, and I do like playing as him. Now I'm sure you're wondering, "Okay, but how did Riot screw up?", well here's the thing that bugs me the most. One of the things that he yells randomly is "The Trolls are going to war!", and okay, that makes sense in the context of the bigger story currently unfolding. But what about when it's over? Assuming the events transpiring in the Freljiord have been resolved for the most part a year from now, will "The Trolls are going to war!" still be appropriate? No, it'll feel out of place, just like Trundle will (and he's going to need his backstory tweaked and updated too), and it's going to get annoying FAST. Or are you all going to drag this out for as long as possible, never resolving it, and giving your fanbase the biggest case of blue balls ever? But that's not where you REALLY screwed up.

He's the king of the trolls, right? Cool, I can more or less get behind that. But what I can't get behind is the fact that at no point does he say "Hail to the king, baby"! SERIOUSLY?!! You dropped the ball, Riot! You screwed the pooch! You could have made Trundle AWESOME, and you FAILED! And this is GENUINE anger! Man, if you were to see my face right now, the look of just absolute fury plastered upon it would look just like Trundle's if you hit Alt + 3!

Letsgetcooking

12-02-2013

Sounds like Trundle had revive after all

THE NECRO STRIKES AGAIN