Galio Jungle DOES NOT WORK

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Amumu, Galio and Rammus all are similar champs but IMO they should swap their ults.

Galio should have Rammus' since he has the MS buff and slow.
Rammus should have Galio's ult since Rammus counters AD auto attackers better.
Amumu is stuck with the best ult but the high ban rate.

ZedekiahCromwell

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windless Bear View Post
Wow. "I don't even know what it does" yet you think it's amazing? REALLY?

And his ult? REALLY? Sure it's great if the enemy lets you walk over next to them, otherwise you're going to need to burn Flash. And then if you're in trouble you just die.
As I'm a fan of GP10 on junglers anyways, I'd build my philo into a Shurelya's. With his E+Shurelya's he can engage pretty well. It's no gap closer, but with the 600 radius on his ult, it isn't hard to get in range for it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-05-2013
7 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedekiahCromwell View Post
As I'm a fan of GP10 on junglers anyways, I'd build my philo into a Shurelya's. With his E+Shurelya's he can engage pretty well. It's no gap closer, but with the 600 radius on his ult, it isn't hard to get in range for it.
Thresh lantern combo still OP though

Acanthus

04-05-2013

I've done crazier jungles than Galio, who gets AoE AND sustain. Usually not by choice. "Someone take smite already; **** it, I'll jungle then," tends to be the situation.

Eyrgos

04-05-2013

People say Jungle Quinn doesn't work either... and I laugh at them. Jungle Renekton too.

Warrikon

04-05-2013

Jungle renekton is actually legit though... jungle quinn, lol... I guess its ok

chichichi1

04-05-2013

It feels like his ult requires (80% of the time) Flash to land effectively and gain good positioning. This is somewhat unfair whereas other tanks/initiator (ie malphite) do not require his summoner to land a great ult

judgeshowtunes

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
That's why I think something like flat AP might be better. The only problem is that AP reds aren't awesome. Even armor reds might have a good mix of early jungle help and late game teamfight.
Try Hybrid Pen reds? Helps your clear with autos without really losing much in the way of Magic Pen.

Velrex

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichichi1 View Post
It feels like his ult requires (80% of the time) Flash to land effectively and gain good positioning. This is somewhat unfair whereas other tanks/initiator (ie malphite) do not require his summoner to land a great ult
If Galio's ult didnt require flash, and he could land it consistently every time, then it'd be the strongest probably though.

It basically forces all melee champions caught in it to the exact same spot, allowing for easy AoE.

Darklarik

04-05-2013

Id say it works ok. But its there really is no reason to pick Galio over other junglers that just do what he does better. I guess it comes down to favoritism, maybe you just LIKE playing Galio period, even if he aint the best out there.