Galio Jungle DOES NOT WORK

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrite Illusion

04-04-2013

Mid lane Galio is just better though. He is a really solid mid as long as you avoid and early ganks and brings great teamfight potential, also if you get an ap heavy opposition you can just face roll teams.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-05-2013
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus Maxwell View Post
Grifrix please, I don't care if you want to take Galio in the jungle or not, but if you do, please don't take mpen reds. Jungle mobs have norm so mpen does nothing. Atkspd is generally preferable, but ap could be ok if you're joke sing for more damage, but no mpen
Yeah, I agree. I have learned this now (in the last day).

Griftrix

04-05-2013
4 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrite Illusion View Post
Mid lane Galio is just better though. He is a really solid mid as long as you avoid and early ganks and brings great teamfight potential, also if you get an ap heavy opposition you can just face roll teams.
To me, it's not whether a champion is better mid or jungle. It's about what OTHER champion could be mid vs what OTHER champion could be jungle. It's opportunity cost. You want the best in role, not best for X champ.

slipstreem

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
But in all seriousness, people have pretty much hit it in this thread. I was OOM and covering top for our Elise against another Elise when karma and someone else came. Chalice kept me in good Q rotations, and I dodged all the things from their Elise (anything that does hit me I just ignored, cause... MR). After a bit, our Elise came back and I got 3 assists (1 at a time, cause they kept trying to kill an OOM Galio with low health. Spoiler alerts, they didn't). His Q does massive damage. He is a mana hog. Get Spirit stone and chalice. Then build whatever tanky things you want, and eventually pick up a Liandry's for lols. Get AS runes to get that clear up, and CDR blues and armor yellows.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Bronze 2 solo queue, results may vary by Elo bracket.

Edit: Gal's Q also gives him nice team poke that Amumu can't do.
What wizardry is this.. 2 elises in solo queue? teach me griftrix

Tryndameister

04-05-2013

Galio ult > amumu ult.

If you don't think so I don't even know.

IS1f58c77b838d09

04-05-2013

One minute after a random GD noob who has never played Galio before, learns about jungle Galio:

"I've been playing jungle Galio all of my life, few people know about this special build and even less have truly mastered his subtle nuances. The reason I play jungle Galio is because of his adaptability and dynamic gameplay."

retratseR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Griftrix, your probably the only reason I might start playing jungle again.

Newrikey

04-05-2013

I side with Griftrix on Mpen marks for jungling. Yes it is utterly useless for creeps. But it's amazing for mid to late game when you don't need the runes for jungling anymore and you were wishing you had runs for team fighting instead.

Mpen is amazing cause so many carries hardly build mres. So nukers like galio can do almost true damage.

I myself use mpen marks on sejuani. She had a bad first clear. Everyone knows that. But after that, she smooths out like butter. So making her hit harder in ganks and teamfights feels much more productive as it amplifies her great late game even more instead of trying to fix an already bad early.

@ Griftrix. Yeah Mpen sucks for clearing, but if your champ is meant for teamfights and the like. The penetration is real sexy once you learn to clear jungles safely in the early game.

Griftrix

04-05-2013
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstreem View Post
What wizardry is this.. 2 elises in solo queue? teach me griftrix
Was Lee Sin mode. (blind pick).

Leara is a Ninja

04-05-2013

I jungle galio when the other team picks cho gath. Thought I was the only one.

1234567 ... 8