I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
I want a Lulu/Veigar interaction of some kind, like when they're on the same team, they get a buff icon depicting Lulu glomping Veigar (example), or unique spoken lines under certain circumstances.

That reminds me, since Runaan and IronStylus are here, I've been wondering for a long time about something regarding champion relationships.
Does Riot approve of community-forged relationships (i.e. Lulu and Veigar)?
Was hoping to have my curiosity quenched.

Rogue Winter

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xareidan View Post
Seemingly.

Out of all the lore changes, i'm actually more broken hearted over Volibear's.
Why? If it's because of his alliance with Sejuani, you reeeeally have to understand that it's not entirely black and white between her and Ashe.

I get a kind of Testsuo/Kaneda vibe between the sisters. Sejuani was raised to be a warrior, whereas Ashe wants to campaign for peace. That's a bit of a slap in the face to her, really. Bolibear is the same as her. He's a shamanic warrior who doesn't want his tribe getting soft. It doesn't mean he's some psycho who eats babies and subjugates others like Lissandra and Trundle.

Baron Perenolde

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
The life of a support.
At least you can rest easy knowing that your faithful fans support you as well, Lord Iron.

BirriaBoy03

04-05-2013

Quote:
Those suggestions are completely in a vacuum. Similarly, as much as I do enjoy Graves' little interaction with Nocturne, having him have an interaction with Twisted Fate is where we really need to go. Not superficial interactions.
about that especific interaction, i'd really like something like rengar and kha'zix secret quest, but on twisted fate and graves, kayle and morgana, even leona and diana. that type of quests that also rewards you secret passives for them.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-05-2013
31 of 32 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Perenolde View Post
At least you can rest easy knowing that your faithful fans support you as well, Lord Iron.

Speaking of rest, gunna go drag myself over to bed and marinate on all of this.

Hopefully there was some value added here by me prattling on.

Ta.

Kawaii Carlos

04-05-2013

under parrot

quick comment,
can volibear get a costume like tibbers/panda for next silly skin? k thxbai

Pokeprof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Honestly, I think the thing that's gotta be more looked at is that characters go through this kinda lore change/update all the dang time.

Look at comic books, cartoons, and about anything else that does the whole 'hey, let's tell an established story over again'. Things like Batman: The Animated Series, MLP:FIM, Transformers Prime (Hell, Beast Wars), and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The 2003 one). Each and every one of these examples are people taken another look at the characters and giving them new life. And in some cases (Beast Wars, Prime, FIM) the result is so drastically different from what we were used too but were still good and interesting above all.

In the case of Trundle, while a lot of him HAS changed, there's still a lot of the Cursed Troll there that we still love. He's still smart, he's still putting the good of his kind beyond the good of himself, and he's still proving to be a creative and important character.

Hell, even Trundles 'working for the ice witch' thing is more to keep himself alive and improve the status quo of the trolls then it is that he agrees with what the Witch wants. Hell, I wouldn't put it past him to go against her, should he have the ability to.

In the end it's more looking at what change is good then what change is bad, and for the most part, this is breathing new life into Trundle he didn't have before. While I will always miss the troll who sacrificed his own body so his fellow tribesman would live without pain, I will readily enjoy the troll who brought all the scattered tribes underneath one banner to become a dangerous fighting force that the world has yet to see.

IS16d1cfc8ecca5f40e259c

04-05-2013

Quote:
So what would you like to hear in particular? Would you like me to admit to tearing asunder the very fabric of a character in cahoots with my nefarious gang of re-writers of history? Shall I speak grandly and grandiosely about how we deliberately lied and laughed and cavorted about singing the songs of victory over a much hated foe that was Trundle?
Would have been the closest thing to the truth about what you, Morello and Grumpy Monkey stated about Trundle amidst all the spin lately.

Quote:
Meh, all good. I just don't want to be treated like I literally killed someone.
Yea except you didn't just kill him you desecrated the corpse and put in replacement to try and pull the wool over our eyes claiming "Here he is, he was fine all along"

Rakaydos

04-05-2013

Skarner and Tarik seem destined to have a connection... but does Malphite have a link to either of them? Should he?

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7Hysteric View Post
Why? If it's because of his alliance with Sejuani, you reeeeally have to understand that it's not entirely black and white between her and Ashe.

I get a kind of Testsuo/Kaneda vibe between the sisters. Sejuani was raised to be a warrior, whereas Ashe wants to campaign for peace. That's a bit of a slap in the face to her, really. Bolibear is the same as her. He's a shamanic warrior who doesn't want his tribe getting soft. It doesn't mean he's some psycho who eats babies and subjugates others like Lissandra and Trundle.
Makes sense, they had to give Sejauni some help, it's not like she'd be able to take on Ashe, Volibear and Tryndamere by herself. Also no mention of Tryndamere at all in the journals, sure Ashe is in charge but you don't have a political marriage with someone unless they have some clout. Or is Tryn now working with Zelean to steal Ryze's falafel recipe?