I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-04-2013
9 of 32 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySuicidal View Post
I find them interesting as well, but I still fail to see what was stopping old, filthy trundle from having them. I mean he could kill twitch and yell "I am the lord of the flies!"

Or when he uses Q on lulu "that tasted purple"

Or killing Jax "club beats lamp post" (or alternatively: Imagine if I had a real weapon!")

You can still do all of these things without having to pigeonhole champs into factions and good/evil sides.
Those suggestions are completely in a vacuum. Similarly, as much as I do enjoy Graves' little interaction with Nocturne, having him have an interaction with Twisted Fate is where we really need to go. Not superficial interactions.

FreeGothitelle

04-04-2013

Trundle does have a reason to be there, he enjoys the company of having summoners in his head.

I mean, Taric's in basically the exact same position as trundle, from his own place that has no connection to anything else, I guess it's just a matter of time until he becomes some generic rock collector or miner from the crystal scar... :/

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

Quote:
TBH I love fiddle's one of the most in this game. It's so mysterious and so dark.

Mystery is a good thing when it comes to story telling.
I agree completely, it's a good thing Riot didn't take the mystery out of Morde and Karthus during the shadow isles stuff... OH WAIT.

Junks001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

IronStylus, it's threads like this one that are turning you quickly into my favorite Red. You really seem to give a ****, if you'll excuse the phrase, which is something that I really like to see.

Keep it up, Bird-man.

Alex3omg

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Those suggestions are completely in a vacuum. Similarly, as much as I do enjoy Graves' little interaction with Nocturne, having him have an interaction with Twisted Fate is where we really need to go. Not superficial interactions.
I agree completely. I just don't get the thought process behind the nocturne thing, like... Graves's W literally counters TF's ult, right? Would have been perfect, if he uses it on TF when ulting...

Also apparently his shotgun is named 'Destiny' ? I think that's kinda corny since it's TF's ult name. butwatevah

PeachesAndCorn

04-04-2013

Hello, Mr. Parrot!

One thing that I've noticed lately is that the lore doesn't seem to talk about the League much anymore. There is a lot more inter-character interaction, but it seems that the League, as an organization and as a political force, has taken a back seat to telling smaller, more personal stories about champions.

Is this a conscious direction for the lore?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-04-2013
10 of 32 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
It's on the lore forums... i'll see if I can find the thread..

>reddit.
Son I am disappoint.

eta- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3144762
Awesome!

Tee hee.. the pink dotted line between Diana and Leona..

Alex3omg

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachesAndCorn View Post
Hello, Mr. Parrot!

One thing that I've noticed lately is that the lore doesn't seem to talk about the League much anymore. There is a lot more inter-character interaction, but it seems that the League, as an organization and as a political force, has taken a back seat to telling smaller, more personal stories about champions.

Is this a conscious direction for the lore?
Well last we heard the league was being criticised I think, something about people finding out how corrupt it was? Or maybe that was just the newspaper I'm probably remembering it all wrong.

I hope they come out with a good reason for all these champs to be joining the league, and not "we decided to throw out the excuse plot, now these are just important people."

Cronovey

04-04-2013

Quote:
TBH I love fiddle's one of the most in this game. It's so mysterious and so dark.

Mystery is a good thing when it comes to story telling.
While I'm all for good mystery, it makes more sense if it has some sort of connection or potential for resolution.

Fiddlesticks is waiting for something and nobody knows what or why or who. He's just....there. That's not mysterious, it's boring.

Comparatively, Nami is on the surface looking for a moonstone. The fact that we have a lunar based champion leaves it open to speculation that there's a connection between Diana and the moonstone Nami searches for. Is this truly the case? Maybe we'll get another champion later that reinforces or deflects this inference. However, in Fiddlesticks' case, we really don't have the option of that because there's absolutely no explanation of what he's doing.

Mysteries are only fun when they can be solved, at least to me.

Chakun42

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
It's on the lore forums... i'll see if I can find the thread..

>reddit.
Son I am disappoint.

eta- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3144762
Wow. Thank you for this. I never realized how lonely Taric is.

Poor guy. At least he has gems.