RiotSchmick AMA / Status Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gr1m5

Senior Member

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
Most Rioters try not give information on topics for which they aren't a subject matter expert, in order to avoid misrepresenting themselves, the topic, or the company. Of course, we also can't talk about anything that isn't publically announced, but once something is on PBE or has been announced, then Rioters are able to talk more openly, although the subject matter expert policy still. I know that it can be frustrating, but we all have to keep our job roles and responsibilities in mind, even when hanging out on the forums or participating with the community via any other means.
Otherwise, you get unnecessary amount of hate like Griftrix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
My SO is a Rioter, so the second question isn't really valid for me. : P
WHO IS IT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valodor

Senior Member

04-04-2013

In a fight between Lulu, Poppy and Tristana who would win?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graphaz

Member

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr1m5 View Post
otherwise, you get unnecessary amount of hate like griftrix.



who is it
ZOMG

WHAT lS THIS MADNESS

TELL US


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pobbes

Senior Member

04-04-2013

I loved you r responses for book series and authors that you like so I had a few follow up questions.
First, what is your favorite Kurt Vonnegut novel? (hint: the correct answer is Cat's Cradle)

Second, which ice based threat scares you more: Lissandra, the ice witch; the White Walkers; Ice-9?

Third, have you read Joe Abercrombie's the first law trilogy? I just read it and I see we have similar literary tastes so I'd like to recommend it to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

Senior Member

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
Most Rioters try not give information on topics for which they aren't a subject matter expert, in order to avoid misrepresenting themselves, the topic, or the company. Of course, we also can't talk about anything that isn't publically announced, but once something is on PBE or has been announced, then Rioters are able to talk more openly, although the subject matter expert caveat still applies. I know that it can be frustrating, but we all have to keep our job roles and responsibilities in mind, even when hanging out on the forums or participating with the community via any other means.
you've said more here than most would realize though to fully understand would take many hours of digging through red posts


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmjy View Post
How did you get your job at Riot? Working there would be my dream job and I want to know how you were able to have such an amazing success in working there. (Sorry if my post is confusing :P)
He probably had Ph. D. at ignoring valid questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

04-05-2013
21 of 150 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valodor View Post
In a fight between Lulu, Poppy and Tristana who would win?
If we are talking about fighting to the death with equals amounts of money/gear, and escaping the fight counts as losing, I would say pre-ultimate, LuLu and post-ultimate, Poppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobbes View Post
I loved you r responses for book series and authors that you like so I had a few follow up questions.
First, what is your favorite Kurt Vonnegut novel? (hint: the correct answer is Cat's Cradle)

Second, which ice based threat scares you more: Lissandra, the ice witch; the White Walkers; Ice-9?

Third, have you read Joe Abercrombie's the first law trilogy? I just read it and I see we have similar literary tastes so I'd like to recommend it to you.
My favorite is the Breakfast of Champions. The "illustrations" just made the book for me.

Nice incorporation of your favorite book in the last question, but I have to go with White Walkers.

I haven't read it, but thanks for the recommendation!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bellmaker33

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
My favorite is anything by Jack London.
Fix'd.

Sorry... couldn't help myself. <3

Favorite poet?

Word or Notepad for drafts?

Buzzing fire alarms, or the really loud screaming fire alarms?

Grand Canyon or Crater Lake?

And finally, and most importantly, RED or GREEN apples?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

04-05-2013
22 of 150 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmaker33 View Post
Fix'd.

Sorry... couldn't help myself. <3

Favorite poet?

Word or Notepad for drafts?

Buzzing fire alarms, or the really loud screaming fire alarms?

Grand Canyon or Crater Lake?

And finally, and most importantly, RED or GREEN apples?
I'm not a huge fan of poetry.

Notepad++

I am hypersensitive, so loud noises cause me physical discomfort. Either is probably bad, but buzzing would be better.

I've been to both and both were amazing, but Crater Lake is more what I find beautiful. The whole rocky, red clay landscape with cactuses and sparse shrubs thing isn't very pretty, IMO, although some of the rock formations are absolutely worth seeing.

I don't like apples that much. The texture of the red ones bothers me (too mealy?) and the green ones are perfectly crisp, but a bit too sour/tart. If I were going to eat one though, I'd go with green.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
I'm not a huge fan of poetry.

Notepad++

I am hypersensitive, so loud noises cause me physical discomfort. Either is probably bad, but buzzing would be better.

I've been to both and both were amazing, but Crater Lake is more what I find beautiful. The whole rocky, red clay landscape with cactuses and sparse shrubs thing isn't very pretty, IMO, although some of the rock formations are absolutely worth seeing.

I don't like apples that much. The texture of the red ones bothers me (too mealy?) and the green ones are perfectly crisp, but a bit too sour/tart. If I were going to eat one though, I'd go with green.
Yay, someone else with the same experience with apples I do. Also similar taste in scenery. I luvs uuuu! =D