Trundle Speed Sculpt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vensaval

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Hey guys, We don't do the art spotlight speed painting stuff much anymore, so I decided to record the sculpting session for Trundle's vu to give you a bit of insight into the process. This was made in a program called Zbrush, it's like sculpting with digital clay. I usually start with one of the many blank models I have in my library, and then tend to push and pull shapes until I get the look I want.
You make it look easy . . . Hmm.

I wonder. Say someone's decently adept at Digital Art similar to what's done for the Champion Splash Arts. Since this looks similar to painting in 3D, would something like this be fairly easy to pick up and learn?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-02-2013
15 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vensaval View Post
You make it look easy . . . Hmm.

I wonder. Say someone's decently adept at Digital Art similar to what's done for the Champion Splash Arts. Since this looks similar to painting in 3D, would something like this be fairly easy to pick up and learn?
I'm no Grumpy Monkey, but I'm on a similar quest as you I think. I used to be a traditional sculptor. Now I'm a digital painter. Long story... Either way, by what I see, yes, the transition is "easy", the tools are the only scary thing. If you can learn them well, great skills in one place become great skills in another.

I'm trying to get over my fear of Zbrush's tools. I pee a little every time I open the program..

Vensaval

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm no Grumpy Monkey, but I'm on a similar quest as you I think. I used to be a traditional sculptor. Now I'm a digital painter. Long story... Either way, by what I see, yes, the transition is "easy", the tools are the only scary thing. If you can learn them well, great skills in one place become great skills in another.

I'm trying to get over my fear of Zbrush's tools. I pee a little every time I open the program..
Haha. Thanks for the reply, Stylus. I've always been a quick learner, so I think I'll find a way and time to try it out and see how I feel about it. Who knows if there might be something for me to be found in digital sculpting.

Flatline414

04-02-2013

Cool! You guys need to make more of the art spotlight videos!

ArthePyrko

04-02-2013

wow... just... wooow...

Warrikon

04-03-2013

[fullcaps]test[/fullcaps]

Judgesin

04-03-2013

Show us Sejuani's one!

Kziki

04-03-2013

Quote:

Overcome your fear, Parrot. Think of all the sculpts of properly attired ladies you can create.

Nomissire

04-03-2013

Quote:
This, IronStylus, is what happened to me and my friends when we first started learning Zbrush from our good old 3DS Max. The hotkeys! The tools themselves are really easy to learn, but damn the hotkeys always blow my mind. When you're used to something like 3DS, Zbrush is an all new world :P

A Planeswalker

04-03-2013

And I thought I was good at Spore..........