Champion rework: Trundle, the Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlostFallenAngel

04-02-2013

I really like the new look. Anyway, when i knew the game i wanted to Trundle to be my very first Champion, but Janna crossed on my way, and now she's my main.

I will buy this new Trundle, it seems solid and i like the new lore, im not seeing any problem with the old one, they're just adapting and unused character in game and plot to give him a major role. So stop the whinning and play.

Good job Riot.

Delvan Krall

04-02-2013

Personally, I like the new lore. Though the old lore was awesome in its own way, it doesn't seem very 'trollish' (no pun intended) to be heroic to one's kind. The trolls I've come to know through playing D&D and other fantasy settings paint trolls as ruthless, barbaric, and rather harsh - exactly as this new lore describes.

That all said, this old lore should be recycled. Perhaps some other race could have this regenerative ability and has this curse? Or maybe instead use this new lore into a new champion? Or maybe make a second troll with the old lore, with the second troll being a rare chivalrous type of their kind?

It's a thought.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

04-02-2013

I like it, though as others have said it might've been cooler if you kept the old story in continuity and simply said that the Ice Witch cured his disease in exchange for being her minion.

One4All

04-02-2013

Am I the only one who really does not care for the ice re model visual/lore thing. We have plenty of cold themed champions, why force this onto to Trundles??

For once I disagree big time Riot. He IS ALREDY UNIQUE the way he is. Don't change it please.

Arcane Azmadi

04-02-2013

This rework sucks. Damn you, Riot. Damn you. This was totally uncalled for and, even worse, it's BAD.

ShaniquaMcJones

04-02-2013

what? trundle should not be involved with freljord! his abilities shuld not be icy! ugh.

ZodiacLegend

04-02-2013

I liked the Sejuani rework, but this one confuses me. For starters, the troll visuals look like something from the Warcraft universe. I don't really like it. I enjoyed the deform look of the old Trundle which gave trolls a less typical fantasy-bland look.

I also feel like trolls aren't known for lurking in frozen tundras. So that's pretty much two strikes not in favor of this new approach.

I'm also disappointed that the kit wasn't even touched. He was released so long ago, just some tweaks to keep him in line with the present would've been awesome.

LogicAbuser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

So i tried him out on LoL pbe And he feels great. the only thing odd looking is his Q was the same in game without the slow.
so i want to ask are you adding a slow to his Q but taking away his AD stealing? that would hurt his jungleing a lot and its something i loved about his old kit and it would make me very sad to see that changed.
As a trundle player i like this a lot but i wanted to cry when there was a lack of
"I'm not Heartless I love beating"
i feel is "old" skin should have the old lines but with the new voice because the new voice is better.

chrissedoff

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by One4All View Post
Am I the only one who really does not care for the ice re model visual/lore thing. We have plenty of cold themed champions, why force this onto to Trundles??

For once I disagree big time Riot. He IS ALREDY UNIQUE the way he is. Don't change it please.
Oh yeah it's just you. It's not like there's 1000 posts ahead of you saying that exact thing.

Likaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

turn from a good guy to a dou-ch