Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CC Shepherd

04-02-2013

Traditional trundle is attractive in a strange way...and I don't dislike it.

Shadow Racoon

04-02-2013

Well, the new Trundle stuff is out. That confirms that.

As promised earlier in this thread, I won't ever play this game again. Riot broke a promise to always keep their characters and players in mind when doing these "reimaginings", and have officially destroyed a character today with disregard for the players feelings on the matter, as expressed in this thread by many, many people. No disease, no tribe, no martyrdom. No Trundle. As I said before, if we're going to be punished for caring about a character by seeing that character stripped to nothing, then what's the point about caring about -any- of them?

You broke a promise Riot, but I'll keep mine. Enjoy your Troll King. Especially since you had to lie to get him.

ItemsGuy

04-02-2013

So...are our "buttangered, fanboyish complaints" valid now that he's out on the PBE, and that everything we feared has been confirmed?

Hell, they didn't even fix his kit's overall lack of impact--it's pretty much the same old kit, but with a tweaked W, an ult that no longer does damage, and ice particles. Nothing really super that would make somebody go "oh man, I should definitely play this guy over, say, Olaf!"

Reybag

04-02-2013

so it wasnt a joke ,dam you riot and your conservative way to make champions

SlightlySuicidal

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
So...are our "buttangered, fanboyish complaints" valid now that he's out on the PBE, and that everything we feared has been confirmed?

Hell, they didn't even fix his kit's overall lack of impact--it's pretty much the same old kit, but with a tweaked W, an ult that no longer does damage, and ice particles. Nothing really super that would make somebody go "oh man, I should definitely play this guy over, say, Olaf!"
indeed...

"wait til he comes on PBE" and he's exactly what we all feared if not worse.

ItemsGuy

04-02-2013

Hmm, I'm not quite sure whether we should let this thread sink or not. On one hand, Riot has heard the complaints, and given unsatisfactory responses (I have no confidence that this will change), but on the other hand, just shutting up might give Riot the idea that this was a good idea.

I think I'll probably just keep an eye on statistics, and come back in a month or two when my suspicions are confirmed--ie. Trundle having a small spike in popularity and then sinking back into obscurity due to the problem being with his kit, not so much with his outwards appearance.

I have no problem with Riot making mistakes, but when they don't own up to or learn from them, that raises a few red flags.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

The fact that the original thread for the rework presently has downvotes and way more alternating post with upvotes complaining about the change tells me something. Grumpy Monkey is still making excuses. So time to see it on the PBE, hate it as I can already tell, and again leave feedback.

KrowdKlown

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
Hmm, I'm not quite sure whether we should let this thread sink or not. On one hand, Riot has heard the complaints, and given unsatisfactory responses (I have no confidence that this will change), but on the other hand, just shutting up might give Riot the idea that this was a good idea.

I think I'll probably just keep an eye on statistics, and come back in a month or two when my suspicions are confirmed--ie. Trundle having a small spike in popularity and then sinking back into obscurity due to the problem being with his kit, not so much with his outwards appearance.

I have no problem with Riot making mistakes, but when they don't own up to or learn from them, that raises a few red flags.
Riot is a company. Of course they're going to give unsatisfactory answers, the sodding blackguards. I enjoyed the fact that there was this non popular, ugly, underdog of a champ that defied all the other champ designs by being ugly. It felt very refreshing to run around as a runt sized, dirty little troll and I'm not happy about that changing.

Oh and the abilities? Don't get me started. They said they were changing them only slightly, which they did, but in all the wrong ways. If they were to make this sort of change, they should have make it total and complete.

His Q: okay, maybe big ugly trolls chomp a lot but with such a big lore emphasis on his club, don't you think something like a bash would have been more appropriate?

W: What? Frozen kingdom? Maybe this works, but I'll have to see the stats, but as of late, I have been unhappy with the nerfs they made to the buffs his W gives. If they haven't fixed that then there is still a problem.

E: This one is the only one I think is decently tied into his lore.

R: No longer heals him? REALLY RIOT? You just took away my favorite thing about the dude. Plus, how is this a part of what he does? He doesn't even have regen abilities mentioned in the lore so that's totally irrelevant. Obviously, by changing the lore, Riot just crippled themselves AND Trundle's ult.

Conclusion: the tweaks have failed and the lore is handicapping the rework. They should just scrap this and try another champ. Give us back the old Trundle.

[edit] Okay, so the R does give health, but they didn't change the Q, which I feel is not strong enough. Also, I still feel like this is going to be a much different Trundle than the tyke i'm used to playing.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Just saw the skins on S@20. So glad I didn't bother buying Little Slugger Trundle or Junkyard Trundle on sale =_=

Muranodo

04-02-2013

Someone put it well when they described the new Trundle sounded like an ice golem. Nothing of my old troll in there. He'd be fun as another champion, I suppose, for a different crowd; I don't feel any attachment.