Journey Into The Freljord V: The Ice Witch

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinn and Valor

Demacia's Wings

04-02-2013
1 of 9 Riot Posts

Eastern Freljord

We had to escape the city before sunrise. I couldnít risk the Frostguard discovering that Val and I had seen the secrets theyíd tried to keep from us. Val distracted the guards while I opened the main gate and slipped away. I knew the risks of venturing back into the Freljord: itís a long way to Demacia, and there arenít any landmarks to guide me so far north. Every glacier looks the same, especially in the dark of night.

A few hours after leaving the city, I sensed something following us. Val scouted from above. Even through the snow, we could see something following our trail. We quickened our pace, yet Val cried a warning that our pursuer was gaining ground. The night grew darker and the snow grew colder around me. Shadows moved across the faces of the glaciers as if something had come alive within them.

We couldnít escape.

Fearing for our lives, I moved off the trail and gave my journal to Valoróif I died in the Freljord, my reports had to get back to Jarvan. He flew ahead while I flanked my pursuer.

A shape emerged from the darkness: a tall, slender figure floating over the ice. There was something faintly human about her, but it was clear she wasnít human at all. She remained deathly still as she silently glided towards me. Beneath her, wicked shards of unnatural black ice leapt from the ground. The cold I felt in her presence nearly stopped my heart. Iíve never felt such dread.

She slowed and hesitated when she came near my hiding place. Did she see me? I canít be certain. She finally turned away and disappeared into the night. The shadows in the ice vanished with her. Did she spare me?

Val is safe. He had circled above the whole time. Part of me thinks he wouldíve fought to the death instead of taking the report back to Demacia (stubborn bird).

My hands are still shaking as I write this, and it isnít from the cold. The Ice Witch is more than a story to scare children. Iíve seen enough here, and once weíre farther south Iíll write up my final report. Itís time to go home.

Previously:

MatuMatuMatu

04-02-2013

yay! great outcome!

Nasuuna

04-02-2013

Meh, just seemed like a filler before the big reveal

coolguy56484

04-02-2013

Go Cardinals.

FutureSound54

04-02-2013

Can't wait to see the final lore on lissandra...

TheEnygma

04-02-2013

is that triangle thing her head or a hat?

ShadyElf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

what's that diamond shaped thing on her head

ArlanKels

04-02-2013

new syndra skin?

Detto Wiso

04-02-2013

Cant wait for more... :3

Convict24601

04-02-2013

Ice Witch didnt bother finishing off Quinn? What a troll....Trundle confirmed!!!

1234511 ... 20