The new Karma is rather stale and there are some design points I question

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DatsaBootyHole

04-01-2013

I want an answer from Morello. I want someone from the Riot design team to tell us why they thought these changes made her superior to the old Karma, who signed off on them, and why they NEVER decided to ask for the community's input on how she should be re-worked.

You would think that after being hassled by the community for some TCL, they would've had the decency to at least ask us what changes we would have liked to see/what we think would be best. They knew there was a very loyal, albeit small, following of Karma players that knew how to utilize her kit to the fullest extent possible. It's just something I cannot wrap my head around.

And in all honesty I'm now wondering if they just decided to go with whatever they could scrape up because they were tired of hearing about how she needed some love.

The Devil is in the details.

7thHeaven

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsaBootyHole View Post
why they NEVER decided to ask for the community's input on how she should be re-worked.
You havent a right to ask "I wanna Karma to be ......... blap blap blap"
RIOT wont spend their time to hear "what is wrong with Karma".

Samalabam

04-01-2013

why do reds always trail off from the subject and talk about other stuff

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-01-2013

I really don't mind Schmick being in this thread but please remember that this thread is about Karma.

Stark6000

04-01-2013

I don't know how you take an underused champion, make them worse, and then call it a day.

7thHeaven

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
don't mind Schmidt being in this thread
Being ignored ?

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

04-01-2013
14 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapMyHeart View Post
This can be your AMA. Half the posts are about your supposed derail anyways. Might as well make an AMA in here

I'll start:
1) When did you join Riot?
2) Why are you so awesome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushuna Tendo View Post
as a software engineer what is it you do? That relates to karma that is... to keep ontopic
Sorry guys, I don't want to contribute to this thread getting further off topic, especially as people are pointing the finger at me for simply replying to things being directed my way.

If there's enough interest in me doing an AMA, I will open an AMA thread.

Quote:
I really don't mind Schmidt being in this thread but please remember that this thread is about Karma.
Aaaand, another person misspells my name. And, Larias, here I thought we were friends.

RelaxingBrownies

04-01-2013

Quote:
I really don't mind Schmidt being in this thread but please remember that this thread is about Karma.
I'm pretty sure this thread is about RiotSchmick, idk where you've been.

Calderweiss

04-01-2013

Could you bring in someone from live design to look at this thread and possibly reply to it?

ElectroChrome

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
Aaaand, another person misspells my name.
Ha!

I definitely like the new Karma kit, though much like Lux she seems to have fallen out of the support column completely (for solo queue at least). I have only tried to play her once as support, but the lack of team healing, closing abilities, and ADC steroids make her much less viable than the competition. I feel stronger as GP support if I'm being totally honest.

Her strength seems to now lie in burst AP damage and teamfight utility, which is great for AP mids. It almost feels like her current kit could have been given to a new champion altogether, but regardless she seems much more viable than before. My biggest gripe is that you only get one Mantra charge, which for an experienced Karma player feels lackluster (to me anyway).

I would like to see some of her old kit revived at some point, perhaps in new champions. Her former passive and tether were quite unique, the latter probably needing something extra to make it more useful against single targets.