Sivir remake™

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-01-2013
55 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin Wan View Post
Two things: 1) Lara Croft.

2) How can you amp up Sivir's sexy? She's already got the Xena thing going on.

Of course, sexiness is in the eye of the beholder. Making Sivir sexier to me would involve making her more muscular. Not body-builder muscular, martial artist muscular. She makes a living out of chasing people down and throwing that boomerang blade at them (based on her abilities). She's going to have some good runner's legs, she's going to have a powerful chest, arms, shoulders, abdomen, and back.

Her attitude has always been pretty damn sexy to me. That combination of "I will destroy you" and "Yeah, I'm hot, and if you want to worship me, you'll do it from your knees". Rawr.
I agree with all of the above!

gsai

04-01-2013

As long as you fix her butt I don't care. Just...its so bad.

General Farsight

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well, that brings up an entire idea of like.. a story driven "creative visual update" or something.. Do certain champions actually need an updated look because their stories evolve? We just made a partner for Caitlyn when we created Vi, but they don't quite look like they're from the same world. Vi and Jayce feel like they exist in the same universe, but I'm not sure about Caitlyn quite fitting in.

Before anyone decides to slit my throat for an unwanted "incoming Caitlyn VU" I'm not saying that should be the case. I'm actually posing the question; should champions which were developed in a vacuum before city-states had thought-out visual cues get some sort of lore/creative continuation in their character design? Should their look evolve with the furthering of their story?
If I may, why not make a new default skin for those characters whose designs have become outdated but who still have decent models, therefore don't really need a full VU?

For example, if I recall properly, back when Tyrant Swain was released, he had become the Noxian high commander. To me, that skin felt like Swain's new default, like that skin was more representative of his character than his actual default. Why not make a new classic skin for champions such as Caitlyn or Malzahar who are somewhat outdated but don't need full VUs, and make the current default skin a legacy skin, so that people who enjoy their current looks can keep them?

Rauron

04-01-2013

Quote:
Again, this is sort of just musings and conjecture, it's not actionable and hasn't been explored fully. I do think there might be some value in updating the look of a character as their story progresses. This is sort of just brainstorm, not something that would happen necessarily unless it provided value. It wouldn't necessarily be a VU either, it could simply be a new skin of this "chapter" of Caitlyn's life.
Nono, make it a VU! Cait would benefit from this WAY more than Karma/Trundle. Those two kinda fit before; this gal just looks silly and eh.

Idaltu

04-01-2013

Quote:
It's not sexualized, but it is sexy. She's ripped and has amble bosoms. Yes, it's over the top, but she's not in a daffy pose, she's not flaunting, she's a bombshell who's going to tear you right apart. That's what I love about this. She's completely unapologetic about her looks because despite the enhanced anatomy, she's still going to rip someone to shreds and not think twice. That's character.

It doesn't work for everyone, and it's contextual, but it works in this particular case for Sivir.
What exactly is your definition of sexualized? She's wearing what looks to be parts of armor but in a way that showcases her body most notably her breasts and for no reason apart from being sexy. I mean, it's undermining the whole purpose of armor for the sake of showing off how sexy she is. That, in my mind, is sexualized. I'm not saying that can't be worked to make an incredibly strong character (Bayonetta comes to mind) but there has to be some strong justification for that. If, for Sivir, it's going to be her personality that's fine if it's stressed in her lore either in game or on paper. Perhaps even a consequence for entering battle with such an informal attire may be in order such a scar.

thumbnail9

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsai64 View Post
As long as you fix her butt I don't care. Just...its so bad.
It needs to be nice and firm.

Grey Wolf

04-01-2013

Quote:
Indeed. One of the goals of Relaunch, when approaching a champion, is to investigate where we can add clarity. Whether it's auto attack/spell attack differentiation, or making sure we communicate the impact of animations.

One of our goals is to make sure we're making things feel visceral.
Wait, wait, wait. I have to call you on this one IronStylus. Steel Legion Lux? Can't tell what is an autoattack and what is her snare. And her laser is tiny, hits more than the visuals would lead you to believe.

iBlitzcrank? His rocketgrab is nothing like his base model. You are grabbed before you realize you need to dodge.

And I played against a wierd Corki skin (Chinese New Year?) that left sparkles on the screen, whatever those were.

More than one skin adds confusion, not clarity to a champion.

Luscious Lenny

04-01-2013

Quote:
Indeed. One of the goals of Relaunch, when approaching a champion, is to investigate where we can add clarity. Whether it's auto attack/spell attack differentiation, or making sure we communicate the impact of animations.

One of our goals is to make sure we're making things feel visceral.
yeah, i got like 1000 games with her and her AA NEEDSSS to be more snappy.

sometimes my auto animation will go off and it will do no damage if i move super fast.

and my Q is invis sometimes, but i dont agree with making her Q look different because it makes it harder to dodge

make the AA aggressive like dravens if needed

Xarue

04-01-2013

how about giving her an alternative stance and running animation when she's "on the hunt" becuase quite frankly when you active it, it looks like she's just standing there looking stupid, like you dont really notice it but the big wavy water like buff under her hooves.

Magic Light123

04-01-2013

Quote:
Well, that brings up an entire idea of like.. a story driven "creative visual update" or something.. Do certain champions actually need an updated look because their stories evolve? We just made a partner for Caitlyn when we created Vi, but they don't quite look like they're from the same world. Vi and Jayce feel like they exist in the same universe, but I'm not sure about Caitlyn quite fitting in.

Before anyone decides to slit my throat for an unwanted "incoming Caitlyn VU" I'm not saying that should be the case. I'm actually posing the question; should champions which were developed in a vacuum before city-states had thought-out visual cues get some sort of lore/creative continuation in their character design? Should their look evolve with the furthering of their story?
I feel that Caitlyn does not need a VU. Her style now is iconic and thematic but I would like to see a new skin that incorporates the more mechanical/technological aspects of Piltover. Just in the same way the Steel Legion and Bioforge skins (which I am a huge fan of despite all the hate) advance the story and technology of League of Legends, I feel a skin along those lines could work really well for Caitlyn in the future.