Honestly, it takes courage to be a girl and stream LoL.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Eleven

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
But having to hide one's gender to avoid it becoming the only point of focus kind of sucks, too. Would you want a rule like "never show your face, or people will trash you" in effect for you?

Do I think it's likely that some female streamers talk/use a cam with the expectation that they'll get a viewership spike on account of being female? Sure.

Do I think female streamers should be treated decently, with the same general friendliness and camaraderie that most male streamers get? Yes.
That male streamers get? I think your viewing from rose colored glasses my friend. Do you honestly think male streamers aren't told they look "beta as f***", or that even the best pro gamers are not called fat or told to lay off the cake?

You're dreaming if you think it's all "hey bro ... how you doin". You put up a webcam, if you don't look good you are going to be trolled for it. Heck, if you *do* look good you're probably going to be told you must have a tiny ****.

DoubleGood

03-31-2013

maybe she shouldnt be flaunting that stuff

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
I would argue that it's fairly likely that most streamers, regardless of gender or clothing preferences, enjoy some degree of attention.
This is exactly why I downvoted this thread and made a comment making fun of the OP originally. The majority of female streamers that are getting these outrageous amounts of boob comments and have a large number of consistent viewers are female streamers that are enjoying being objectified, and are wearing low-cut shirts with specific camera angles so that they can continue to have this kind of attention.
We shouldn't feel bad for this girl. She's arguably crappy at the game. People aren't watching her for pro tips. She's getting money for having boobs. She probably knows all of this, and since she continues to stream under the same conditions she's probably okay with these facts. She doesn't need people to feel sorry for her.
Now, if she were dressed in a turtle neck streaming her climb into Diamond and people were spamming "OMG TAKE IT OFF" in her chat, I would feel like it was undeserved. But she's not, and while she may or may not deserve these kinds of comments, she's not doing anything to avoid them.

Furthermore, I don't see anyone feeling bad for male streamers who get lude comments for no reason. Voyboy is an example here. If you watch his stream for 5 minutes you'll get to see about 20+ comments that consist of "Voyboy does Pooksie have nice ****?", "Voyboy does Pooksie look as good irl as she does in the video?".
That's undeserved harassment. A woman in a low cut top getting comments about boobs is not.

PLZ FEED ME MOAR

03-31-2013

actually that girl is a wh0re, google search cam girl Nicole master baiting, or go to xvideos and search girlygamer mfc, u can ee her va jay jay in those videos, no kidding, theres more videos of her cam wh0ring,

PLZ FEED ME MOAR

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
This is exactly why I downvoted this thread and made a comment making fun of the OP originally. The majority of female streamers that are getting these outrageous amounts of boob comments and have a large number of consistent viewers are female streamers that are enjoying being objectified, and are wearing low-cut shirts with specific camera angles so that they can continue to have this kind of attention.
We shouldn't feel bad for this girl. She's arguably crappy at the game. People aren't watching her for pro tips. She's getting money for having boobs. She probably knows all of this, and since she continues to stream under the same conditions she's probably okay with these facts. She doesn't need people to feel sorry for her.
Now, if she were dressed in a turtle neck streaming her climb into Diamond and people were spamming "OMG TAKE IT OFF" in her chat, I would feel like it was undeserved. But she's not, and while she may or may not deserve these kinds of comments, she's not doing anything to avoid them.

Furthermore, I don't see anyone feeling bad for male streamers who get lude comments for no reason. Voyboy is an example here. If you watch his stream for 5 minutes you'll get to see about 20+ comments that consist of "Voyboy does Pooksie have nice ****?", "Voyboy does Pooksie look as good irl as she does in the video?".
That's undeserved harassment. A woman in a low cut top getting comments about boobs is not.
googl search cam girl Nicole master baiting

xxAnthonyzz

03-31-2013

To be fair they probably got lumped into this category by the fact that BEST NICOLE NA and Pooskie have done stupid things in their past and it has negatively affected girl gamers and put them all in that same category. Sure that was in the past but it is a stereotype that was set because a few girls again did something stupid in their past and ruined it for other girl gamers. The fact that some do show cleavage to get people to come to their stream and get more attention has ruined it for the other girl streamers who are in it for the entertainment factor whether they show nothing or have a little bit shown, just because of the basics of sociology they will be forever thrown into that category because society as a whole is stupid while individuals may notice something is definitely wrong with this and are too lazy to change it. So until girl gamers stand up and do something or change that behavior they probably will have to "be brave" to stream and deal with the stupid comments people post about their ***, cleavage, and such.

PLZ FEED ME MOAR

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
I was watching this stream http://www.solomid.net/livestream.php?s=2834
And the poor girl gets a sexual/sexist comment every 10 sec ("show ur boobs", "are ur boobs real omg???", etc) even though she's genuinely trying to be entertaining and not mentioning her *** at all. She's even making fun of the sexist jokes that people make.

Props to her for that. People are just disgusting. Sexist idiots on the internet are one of the reasons why I lost faith in mankind and became depressed.
if anything she is disgusting, do u know she does p0rn? go to xvideos and search gamergirly mfc, let me know what u think....

PLZ FEED ME MOAR

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ChubbyBear View Post
To be fair they probably got lumped into this category by the fact that BEST NICOLE NA and Pooskie have done stupid things in their past and it has negatively affected girl gamers and put them all in that same category. Sure that was in the past but it is a stereotype that was set because a few girls again did something stupid in their past and ruined it for other girl gamers. The fact that some do show cleavage to get people to come to their stream and get more attention has ruined it for the other girl streamers who are in it for the entertainment factor whether they show nothing or have a little bit shown, just because of the basics of sociology they will be forever thrown into that category because society as a whole is stupid while individuals may notice something is definitely wrong with this and are too lazy to change it. So until girl gamers stand up and do something or change that behavior they probably will have to "be brave" to stream and deal with the stupid comments people post about their ***, cleavage, and such.
hi buddy, please google search cam girl Nicole master baiting, I think she likes when guys talk about her bewbs, she has no problem with it,I mean she has done videos, where shes completely naked, theres plenty of videos, I bet she still doing them,sorry for bad english

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

03-31-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Thank you. I agree it was likely hyperbole but there are limits, IMO, to how far you can take that without becoming 'holier than thou'; which destroys any chance to foster a reasonable discussion between opposing sides. Personally I dislike it when people take it to such extremes because, despite what the internet is known for, I actually enjoy spirited debates without anyone taking cheap shots at any demographic.

Even if I happen to agree with the point being made, the way in which it is presented can and will turn supporters against it.

I.E:
If I claim the sky is typically blue, but then compliment that by saying 'And those who think it is any other color are blind, incompetent, wastes of human existence' I am going to inherently kill the chance for other sides to counter.

Because now it's an issue of personal attacks, not factual debate.

Even further this will likely hamper attempts by anyone wanting to agree with me to begin with because they do not want to attach their opinions to the added statement.
Yup, totally agree.

Im PeRFeCt13

03-31-2013

yeah