Honestly, it takes courage to be a girl and stream LoL.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATastyDessert

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thong Pimp Slap View Post
ok, just no.

big difference between wearing bloody arctic clothing and not wearing a shirt that has half your breasts showing.

But yes dont have a large cam or advertise your gener.

Look at any popular male streamers. none of them have big cam's because streaming is meant to be about the game, not the player (unless you just happen to be very interesting) even then you dont need a huge cam to be interesting.

Advertising that you are a woman is saying *watch me because i am i chick* not watch me because i am good at the game or an intersting/funny person.

Why there is so much ahte on the female streamers, because the popular one ALSO show off their ****, look at the pic, you can always see cleavage in the display picture, the cam of the girl half the time is as big as the game. They are just using their bodies to get viewers to earn them some easy cash, you do that you can deal with the comments.
No it applies to ALL women on the internet including random pictures and ****. This doesn't only mean LoL streamers. See while I'm not female and I don't particularly find myself a white knight, I just can't stand seeing all this stereotypical **** and hypocrisy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrdude5410

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salyu View Post
you guys really want to treat women like this is the middle east and we cant show any skin?
You're misunderstanding the point so hard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATastyDessert

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude5410 View Post
You're misunderstanding the point so hard.
No one of your main points is "omg they show cleavage, such a *****". Basically the only way you guys will be happy is if the cam shows their forehead and only their forehead. Anything below the chin will make you deem them ****s and attention *****s.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salyu View Post
you guys really want to treat women like this is the middle east and we cant show any skin?
-Riot we want sexualized female champs make another Miss Fortune/Ahri

-OMG Girls are hoes for dressing like that.

-I like my hoes more champs like Sivir or Cassipeia

-Riot I hate you for covering Quinn/Diana/Leona/Karma up

-Riot why did you ruin karma's elegance you made her a hoe.

(You see my point? There are so many idiots who can't decide what they want. They want females to be oversexualized, then criticize them for it later.
Rest easy they're all less-than-average faces with flabby physiques and no confidence when it comes to actually getting a girlfriend. generally.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

Member

03-31-2013

Not caring about the thoughts of one of the stupidest communities to ever exist in history is considered courage?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephrinx

Senior Member

03-31-2013

No it doesn't, it takes breasts. Supple breasts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

03-31-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

There were a lot of responses to my earlier post, so I'm going to just reply to a sample of them to seemed representative of the types of replies I saw. I apologize if it seems like I'm skipping any. It took me about an hour to read through them all, so I may have missed some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasyr View Post
I'm guessing it's because while the statement in general might be true, the statement as it applies to the streamer linked in the OP is very, very false.

She literally gets views by exploiting her gender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zovea View Post
The part where he equates showing your rack to get viewers to bravery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaopkill View Post
Because hes trying to make the chick in a low cut top ,who is terrible at this game, a victim because of some comments

Despite her making $400 for nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiziiziM View Post
The streamer in question was wearing revealing clothing, showing her top five donators on the screen. I don't have a problem with this. But you should probably EXPECT that people are going to talk about your boobs WHEN THEY'RE HANGING OUT.
I see. I understand that the internet is what it is, and that people without thick skin probably shouldn't put themselves up on the internet for public judgement. That doesn't mean I condone all behavior that is thrown their way as a result. There are still lines to be drawn, and I'm sure some of them were crossed, as we are, again, talking about the internet here. And *that* being said, I would argue that it's fairly likely that most streamers, regardless of gender or clothing preferences, enjoy some degree of attention. Streaming oneself to the internet at large is probably a poor choice if you *don't* like attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
This is why.
It's an arguement that really has no place anywhere. OP is basically saying:

-There are 7 billion people on earth.
-Approximately 32 million of them play League of Legends.
-At the utmost ball park estimate we'll argue 10% of those were watching this girl stream.
-I am giving OP benefit of the doubt and assuming all of them are sexist.
-So he is saying that because 0.045% of the Earth's population is sexist; he is losing faith and being depressed, ignoring the other 99.965% that are not.

Bad logic/dramatics like that deserves downvoting.
I appreciated your response. It was well thought out and well stated, and it involved math. Kudos.

I think that the OP was *probably* using hyperbole to make a point, but I do still appreciate your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
I downvoted for the hyperbole, the martyrdom, the white-knighting, the poor phrasing, and the advertisement being all bundled into one big mess.

Neither do I, necessarily, but that doesn't mean proper use of English isn't appreciated. I read forums for the ideas and camaraderie, but am (dis)pleased partially according to the efficacy of communication.

Edit: To address the actual issue of female streamers: If a quality streamer just happens to be female, that's fine. I also don't care much about cleavage necessarily. Camera angle and clothing choice can factor in to make the stream feel more artificial, and advertising which includes language specifically calling out the streamer's femininity and body traits will make me downvote and leave. Also, female streamers should be aware that showing cleavage -will- lead to lewd comments. Those people
commenting aren't justified or right at all, but the gal should know what she's getting into and try, perhaps, a different camera angle. I'd prefer a world where the gamer population wasn't largely straight, horny, underinformed teen males, but there it is.
I agree, the proper use of English is appreciated, but people are so lax about it in most internet mediums that I guess I just filter out the incomplete sentences and improper grammar most of the time. For me, maybe it's more like I ignore the bad stuff, but good grammar gives brownie points?

As for the second part, the issue for me is that I'm not convinced that all of the people that down voted the OP, or had unkind things to say about this streamer, or female streamers in general, would have anything different to say if there were a quality streamer that just happens to be female, even if she only showed herself from the neck up. What you are saying makes sense, but from the comments I saw from other people on this thread, at least some would have the same generalistic, bad-mouthing comments to say about *any* female streamer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yma Sumac

Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
Not caring about the thoughts of one of the stupidest communities to ever exist in history is considered courage?
wearing revealing clothes an demanding preferential treatment is courage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Tyrant

Adjudicator

03-31-2013

[COLOR=red]@RiotSchmick[/COLOR]


I think its because OPis giving the message of "poor female streamers, they have it rough!". When in truth it can potentially be easier. They dress certain ways, or point the camera in angels to attempt to get more views. And while there is perverts harassing them there is also a million of white knights at their aid. So streaming as a female/male may take the same amount of courage because you are exposing yourself to the internet, but hands down you have a higher chances of getting better "rewards" for being a somewhat attractive female streaming.


And to the female streamers "men are such pigs they just want us for our looks!". In truth they love the attention, and would be crying if the males dident pay attention to them at all because they were ugly. The perversion from men feed the insecurity of these female streamers!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lol I died again

Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yma Sumac View Post
wearing revealing clothes an demanding preferential treatment is courage
But it's not courageous if you wear no clothes.
Animal logic