Sivir remake™

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViCanFistMe

03-31-2013

dragon master swain...... NO URF MASTER SWAIN! nuff said.

CragBlade

03-31-2013

You mentioned grounding in a faction and all that, but what about Rengar? All we know is that he was trained by a human and hates Kha'Zix. We know nothing of a faction, and he doesn't honestly seem that grounded.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You don't know the direction yet. Right now there's nothing, so there's not much to argue or about.
;-;

The Angry Dj

03-31-2013

* Awaits response on the awesome Bandit Sivir *

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
25 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
You mentioned grounding in a faction and all that, but what about Rengar? All we know is that he was trained by a human and hates Kha'Zix. We know nothing of a faction, and he doesn't honestly seem that grounded.
It's not a cure all, it's just an example of a thematic landmark. Characters don't need to march lockstep with a philosophy of a faction, but their look and personality will be influenced by their place of origin.

Champlord

03-31-2013

Do exclusive skins (such as pax sivir) generally get anything extra quality wise such as particles? Or do you tend to avoid that because if you remake an exclusive skin to be really "cool" then everyone who can no longer acquire it feel bad.

Just wondering cause I own pax sivir and I think it has a alot of potential particle wise

Mewaki

03-31-2013

IronStylus , please give sivir panties D;
You just has to read this and ill be happy

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
26 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champlord View Post
Do exclusive skins (such as pax sivir) generally get anything extra quality wise such as particles? Or do you tend to avoid that because if you remake an exclusive skin to be really "cool" then everyone who can no longer acquire it feel bad.

Just wondering cause I own pax sivir and I think it has a alot of potential particle wise
Good question. Yeah, i think it has a lot of potential. I'm not sure about the policy though. That's an interesting case.

Champlord

03-31-2013

Quote:
Good question. Yeah, i think it has a lot of potential. I'm not sure about the policy though. That's an interesting case.

hmmmm well TF got a rework and he has a pax skin, is anything different about him though?

I honestly wouldn't know lol as I have never seen a PAX TF

davin

Senior User Researcher

03-31-2013
27 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
To be blunt, we cannot practically crowd source the work that Relaunch has to do. We can collect a certain amount of data (Davin has a much better perspective on that than I do), we can take a look at community feedback, and we can trust our guts as developers and players ourselves. This will never be perfect, and yes, sometimes hearts will be broken. This is unavoidable, but there's necessity in upping quality, making cohesive themes, and adding to our universe where there's opportunity.
To add Extra Science Context here (it's a proper noun, I guess), we're always increasing the amount of data and research we support these efforts with. That basically means providing the relaunch team with extra data to inform decisions and extra research to determine the potential reaction to their work. Relaunches are tricky territory, since players (that includes us!) have a bunch of emotions about all sorts of aspects of a character. Removing or changing isn't done blindly.

Of course, just because we do research during the process doesn't mean the feedback loop ends there. Post-reveal discussion and alteration remains an important thing (see: Sakura Karma)!