Champion Idea: Zerg Hydralisk

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-31-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exentrick View Post
Passive- Rejuvenating Carapace: Zerg Hydralisk naturally recovers HP faster and experiences additional HP5 based on %max HP.

Q-Toxic Spit/Spikes Stun(active):
Hydralisk spits toxic shots at the enemy dealing damage over time and slowing.
Lurkers next spike set will stun everyone in the path for some time and deal extra damage.

W- Slither/Spike Range(passive): Hydralisk slithers really fast. Passive increased movement speed.
The amount of range the spikes travel is increased with level.

E- Maim/Spike Damage(Passive): In melee range Hydralisk does %extra damage and stacks a slow, also applies grievous wounds.
Small amount of flat damage is added in lurker form, damage reduction per hit unit is reduced.

R- Evolve/Burrow (active): Hydralisk channels uninterruptable for 1.5 seconds while evolving into Zerg Lurker. While in lurker hydralisk receives %extra damage, flat armor and magic resist, tenacity, switches to secondary skill set, and can only attack while burrowed. While burrowed Lurker is unattackable unless in true vision, but can freely attack with applied skill levels. Autoattacks go out in a line(like spray and pray) dealing damage and slowing each unit hit(decays per each). Hydralisk will remain in this form for 15 seconds.

Attached is a picture of what this champion should resemble.

What do you think of this champion concept guys? I'm open to suggestions.
I love the originality, and the time you put into modelling that... but I think you should try this concept again. Maybe make it female, bigger breasts. Maybe she would look badass with these sick tentacles coming out of her hair or back. Also dreadlocks, cuz you know, dreadlocks.

Let's talk about the ability design here:

Q - This basically is a stacking DoT, the proper response to which is "get away from me". However, this also has a slow on it. Basically a huge "screw you" since you want to get away long enough for the stack to drop.

W - The massive permanent movespeed boost on top of the Q make this even worse. We're seeing how powerful this combo can be in the latest incarnation of Karma. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

E - This is also an insane ability. % health means "use this at high hp", but Grievous wounds means "use this at low HP". This means the ability is either A) Conflicted or B) Good all of the time.

Proper tuning would mean E feels lame in all situations.

R - Great concept. If R is a permanent change though, I question if its a good idea to presume players will *want* to die to swap forms. Siege mode ultimates / tactical mode switching is a pretty cool concept.

This one seems to clearly be permanent, otherwise, I would bring up the issue of "short term full ability swaps are hard to learn". See how Shyvana's abilities remain mostly the same so that you don't need to re-learn your champion.

sirturkey1

03-31-2013

They had a hydralisk in the original DoTA, I liked that champ.

MasterDeviouss

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I love the originality, and the time you put into modelling that... but I think you should try this concept again. Maybe make it female, bigger breasts. Maybe she would look badass with these sick tentacle coming out of her hair. Also dreadlocks, cuz you know, dreadlocks.

Q - This basically is a stacking DoT, the proper response to which is "get away from me". However, this also has a slow on it. Basically a huge "screw you" since you want to get away long enough for the stack to drop.

W - The massive permanent movespeed boost on top of the Q make this even worse. We're seeing how powerful this combo can be in the latest incarnation of Karma. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

E - This is also an insane ability. % health means "use this at high hp", but Grievous wounds means "use this at low HP". This means the ability is either A) Conflicted or B) Good all of the time.

R - Great concept. If R is a permanent change though, I question if its a good idea to presume players will *want* to die to swap forms. Siege mode ultimates / tactical mode switching is a pretty cool concept.

This one seems to clearly be permanent, otherwise, I would bring up the issue of "short term full ability swaps are hard to learn". See how Shyvana's abilities remain mostly the same so that you don't need to re-learn your champion.
Xelnath is actually a Zileas smurf.

Confirmed on Saint's Stream

Zerglinator

03-31-2013

Xelnath, you have good taste.

Exentrick

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I love the originality, and the time you put into modelling that... but I think you should try this concept again. Maybe make it female, bigger breasts. Maybe she would look badass with these sick tentacles coming out of her hair or back. Also dreadlocks, cuz you know, dreadlocks.

oh my gawd. never expected a redpost... especially not Xelnath.

Also I was thinking about how to handle evolution duration. And since W and E become passive stat boosters when evolving all you change out is Q for a stun on-hit, fairly simple. And your burrow allows you to hide/attack/etc.

CommandShockwave

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelnath View Post
i love the originality, and the time you put into modelling that... But i think you should try this concept again. Maybe make it female, bigger breasts. Maybe she would look badass with these sick tentacles coming out of her hair or back. Also dreadlocks, cuz you know, dreadlocks.
Attachment 650621

Quren

03-31-2013

This feels like it would fit better into dota.

Exentrick

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quren View Post
How so?

Zerglinator

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quren View Post
I get it!

kouish

03-31-2013

IMO the Infestor needs to be in the game. Twitch is kinda similar to how it would play but less pew pew and more of ambushing your opponent and then watch them die to slows, and dots. Kinda like a mix between Urgot and Twitch, but no heat seeking shenanigans.