Sivir remake™

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
17 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
My question is...if she is a mercenary and values money above all...why does she wear gems all over her body? I mean, shouldn't she be wearing something more "practical", something that screams "I'm ready for battle". I'm not saying put her in full armor, but I kind of think the whole "gem" business is already filled by Taric. Also, please change her colors a bit, the bright yellow hurts the eyes after a while x.x I don't think I have to mention her moonwalk or arms...
I'm actually cool with her being sort of ostentatious to some regard. That's attitude and personality. "Hey, I'm warrior princess lady, ready for battle, but I do love to flaunt some style." At the very least that's an angle. That's a reason for jewels, or other spoils, to be worn by her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
18 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
I never know Sivir's direction, it keeps bouncing around.
Oh you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceer

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Make her blade spin
pls
I'll do anything


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm actually cool with her being sort of ostentatious to some regard. That's attitude and personality. "Hey, I'm warrior princess lady, ready for battle, but I do love to flaunt some style." At the very least that's an angle. That's a reason for jewels, or other spoils, to be worn by her.
So her theme should be something like this?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a1f1b30e9...lh1io1_500.gif


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Owl

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Ironstylus, could you back off on lore a bit? You tend to take over champions a bit, and stifle our imaginations a bit. In particular, whenever you talk about a champion and go into personality, i'm scared that you are projectng and will try to push that champion in that direction. One of the main reasons I don't play Leona any more is because she feels like an untouchable upperclass lady, which is mostly due to your "Leona so classy" fanfic heavy interactions with her. I though she was tough and motherly, but now if I take that approach in lore discussion, all I'll get is "but Ironstylus classy classy wine classy walks on beach classy nice cafe". Not that you don't have a stronger connection to Leona, but it sort of blocks off us mortal players from our interpretations.

Edit: Imagine if Valve came out today and said that Freeman from Half-life is motivated solely by his crush on Alyx. It might be backed by all sorts of creative design, but it doesn't stop it from being disruptive to previous player interpretation.

Edit 2: Cause I had some horrible grammar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So her theme should be something like this?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a1f1b30e9...lh1io1_500.gif
I couldn't stop watching, that is hilarious.

I think if I had to throw a Real World comparison to her, it'd be like a Persian Warrior. The way her attire is now, I think if Riot went with a different direction for her, I'd love to see this type of attire be an inspiration, it just screams the right balance of Serious Mercenary and Sophisticated Killer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thumbnail9

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
A craft she has discovered and home is a reason for it to be there, and it will have significance, visually, that will tell that story. There are a myriad of reasons for it to be there, but one or more of those reasons at least have to be there in the first place. Right now there's nothing that tells you that this thing is important in one way or another. Its just there. Because she's a champion, something extraordinary should allow her to wield the weapon, whether that's skill alone or something else is up for consideration.
I think the reason she is a champion is because she was probably the best mercenary Noxas has ever seen in the history of the country, also money. You can tell this because she is like mad rich and has been OP in the game 3 times now (second one more of a joke). She's called the Battle Mistress because her skill in battle is unmatched. Not because she magically found some mysterious god mode button. Like she predicted Noxas would stalemate Ionia, her strategy skills are insane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You don't know the direction yet. Right now there's nothing, so there's not much to argue or about.
Obviously, yeah. For all I know, the Sivir update will be exactly what I'd like to see out of her. However, I feel that it's safe to assume that we won't know the direction, the ideas, and the theme until most of the work is already done. I disagree with that choice, and hope my assumption is wrong, but that's what happened with Karma and Trundle, as well as Soraka visually.

I feel very disappointed by the Karma and Trundle remakes, which is a discussion for another thread. My point is, I worry that Sivir will, when remade, further change how LoL feels to me in a negative way, and I'd like to know what avenues of discussion would be most fruitful. Consolidated mega-threads in GD with some scattered grumblings doesn't seem to be optimal, so what is preferred? Again, I get that this isn't an issue yet, but being able to respond meaningfully and quickly is something I value, and I'm hoping y'all would be slow to turn down a more concise and effective dialogue.

Edit, to clarify: I can make my point quite a bit more concise: In the face of "updates" which are often more like full remakes, I, as a player, feel powerless, which is uncomfortable and disappointing, especially with how Riot once felt. Assuming that player feedback is still actively desired, and given that the topic is a VU/remake, what avenues of communication are most effective? Also, will the update/remake be almost done before we see it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Owl View Post
Ironstylus, could you back off on lore a bit? You tend to take over champions a bit, and stifle our imaginations a bit. In particular, whenever you talk about a champion and go into personality, i'm scared that you are projectng and will try to push that champion in that direction. One of the main reasons I don't play Leona any more is because she feels like an untouchable upperclass lady, which is mostly due to your "Leona so classy" fanfic heavy interactions with her. I though she was tough and motherly, but now if I take that approach in lore discussion, all I'll get is "but Ironstylus classy classy wine classy walks on beach classy nice cafe". Not that you don't have a stronger connection to Leona, but it sort of blocks off us mortal players from our interpretations.
Could it be that IronStylus is just fantasizing, and that his interpretation of Leona at this point is no longer and should no longer be considered canon? I see Leona the same way as you, as a sort of Mother Grizzly, Warm and tender to her kin, but unforgiving and lethal to anyone who tries to hurt her cubs.

Not that I can't see IronStylus' version of Leona either, but that's just it, one side to her. Who says a Grizzly Bear can't be sophisticated and enjoy some nice wine in a cafe and take leisurely strides on a beach?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luscious Lenny

Senior Member

03-31-2013

dont change her joke