Sivir remake™

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
14 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hige View Post
well... Corki's questions aside... I'm glad you look at Sivir the way you do, most of us, just players seem to be very confused about her... I mean, just a week ago I found out she's supposed to be from noxus... but she sounds like a demacian... and dress like she lives in the jungle with nidalee... and has as much money as caitlyn perhaps who's from piltover...

her colors and theme doesn't scream noxus to anyone =/ I mean, noxus doesn't has a color I guess, but the palette used on them seems to be on the darker side... sivir wears yellow... BRIGHT yellow and huge gems that rivals taric's

her weapon doesn't seem too practical either for a mercenary, but I guess it's iconic, the difference in size from Boomerang blade and Ricochet is very odd, at least it's not like before when there was a ton of blades flying around, where did she kept all of that? xD now she could use 2 different sized weapons but it should appear in her model I think... the origins of her shield are very odd too, I always thought her gems had some sort of magic power she was able to use but there's no mention about that on her lore and if she's half mage it should be there =/
Yyyyup. A lot of confusing elements, right? Or, a lot of elements that have no rhyme or reason to the,, very arbitrary. I hate arbitrary...

Also, that arbitrariness turns into visual noise. Stylistically, she's iconic but for all the wrong reasons. Large feet, extreme contrast, detail distribution problems. She needs some reason behind her design, and to inject a healthy amount of practicality that will dictate said design. So, factional context, personality. A cohesive fantasy we're trying to fulfill. She needs those landmarks.

Her weapon, the most iconic element on her, desperately needs a reason to be there. Either it's some special thing she's crafted, or an artifact, or something otherwise special. It can't just be a thing she carries around. Anything from Excalibur to Krull, or Leona's sword and shield to Graves' gun, those are all in essence small characters in and of themselves. I feel the same needs to happen with Sivir. She needs reasons to be the way she is, those reasons will define how we execute and how we problem solve.

Zae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

I know I can't be the only one hoping that the reworked PAX Sivir gets a nice booty. Like Aether Wing Kayle, Fiora, Crimson Elite/BB Riven... riot artists pls

thumbnail9

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yyyyup. A lot of confusing elements, right? Or, a lot of elements that have no rhyme or reason to the,, very arbitrary. I hate arbitrary...

Also, that arbitrariness turns into visual noise. Stylistically, she's iconic but for all the wrong reasons. Large feet, extreme contrast, detail distribution problems. She needs some reason behind her design, and to inject a healthy amount of practicality that will dictate said design. So, factional context, personality. A cohesive fantasy we're trying to fulfill. She needs those landmarks.

Her weapon, the most iconic element on her, desperately needs a reason to be there. Either it's some special thing she's crafted, or an artifact, or something otherwise special. It can't just be a thing she carries around. Anything from Excalibur to Krull, or Leona's sword and shield to Graves' gun, those are all in essence small characters in and of themselves. I feel the same needs to happen with Sivir. She needs reasons to be the way she is, those reasons will define how we execute and how we problem solve.
How do you know its not just the weapon she learned to use and like? It doesn't need a overall reason to be there because her kit hunkers it down to her. The whole I've found a national secret treasure and it gives me super powers is kinda old now. Well more so, I mean the whole "I found my power thing". Why can't it just be skill and technique that put it there.

You can't throw a sword and have it bounce through people.

Legendary Silver

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovaticus View Post
I know I can't be the only one hoping that the reworked PAX Sivir gets a nice booty. Like Aether Wing Kayle, Fiora, Crimson Elite/BB Riven... riot artists pls

Uhh I love Pax Sivir as is and I would cry if they changed her.

Vekkz

03-31-2013

Quote:

I just happen to love this post, very excited about Sivir's time.

Cuix

03-31-2013

Quote:
That gives us a lot of room to strengthen and possibly redefine a character if we feel there's a compelling direction.
What if we don't feel that direction is compelling?

Shinrasaa

03-31-2013

My question is...if she is a mercenary and values money above all...why does she wear gems all over her body? I mean, shouldn't she be wearing something more "practical", something that screams "I'm ready for battle". I'm not saying put her in full armor, but I kind of think the whole "gem" business is already filled by Taric. Also, please change her colors a bit, the bright yellow hurts the eyes after a while x.x I don't think I have to mention her moonwalk or arms...

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
15 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
How do you know its not just the weapon she learned to use and like? It doesn't need a overall reason to be there because her kit hunkers it down to her. The whole I've found a national secret treasure and it gives me super powers is kinda old now. Well more so, I mean the whole "I found my power thing". Why can't it just be skill and technique that put it there.

You can't throw a sword and have it bounce through people.
A craft she has discovered and home is a reason for it to be there, and it will have significance, visually, that will tell that story. There are a myriad of reasons for it to be there, but one or more of those reasons at least have to be there in the first place. Right now there's nothing that tells you that this thing is important in one way or another. Its just there. Because she's a champion, something extraordinary should allow her to wield the weapon, whether that's skill alone or something else is up for consideration.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
16 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
What if we don't feel that direction is compelling?
You don't know the direction yet. Right now there's nothing, so there's not much to argue or about.

Zerglinator

03-31-2013

Quote:
You don't know the direction yet. Right now there's nothing, so there's not much to argue or about.
I never know Sivir's direction, it keeps bouncing around.