Sivir remake™

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Biotic Volus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Something I think that's an opportunity with Sivir is to solidify a personality in her. Much like our more overt characters like you've stated, Sivir needs some personality landmarks. If she's a mercenary, then maybe we mix some Xena with some Han Solo. Maybe we take a bit of Laura Croft in the sort of woman-of-status turned vigilante/adventurer. If she has a sort of "charge!" mentality. Maybe we figure out how to amplify that.

There's a lot of fertile ground with Sivir in that she's largely a bank slate. That's really good actually, it means we have a lot of room to play and to slot her into a more fitting faction possibly, or maybe just giving her more significance in her current faction. Right now, to me at least, her story and character in general feels like a bit of a one-off. I very much dislike one-offs unless there are eventual plans to further deepen the story with subsequent characters.

Sivir I think has the potential to be a very integral character with a lot of attitude. I love that she's a strong lady, I think we can show that even more with a good story. This doesn't mean she has to lose any sexiness, from costume to concept or content of personality, we just amp up the sort of sexy that she is.

Personally I'm very excited about a Sivir VU. It's a great playground and wonderful opportunity for some real character cohesion.
If you don't mind me suggesting, I think Sivir and Riven would make a really great team lorewise. Both of them had worked for Noxus and became disillusioned with them during the Ionian war. I could see a build up of this rebel faction trying to take Noxus down from the inside, spearheaded by these two ladies.

TheCrowing1432

03-31-2013

Quote:
Gameplay tweaks are beyond the scope of what I deal with personally. It might be in scope of the team as a whole, but I'm not aware of any major mechanical changes.

Ah alright, Welp, still the spaghetti thing needs work.

thumbnail9

03-31-2013

Quote:
Gameplay tweaks are beyond the scope of what I deal with personally. It might be in scope of the team as a whole, but I'm not aware of any major mechanical changes.
Clearly you need to add Hercules to the game and go from there. Him and Xena did bang once, love interest right thur. Seems how she's pretty much Xena anyways. I wouldn't mind her having muscles because if your going to throw a massive throwing star thing so much your gonna be the women's version of torn. I mean how much that thing weight like 50 pounds, she's throwing a plate around like its nothing.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
12 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterheart View Post
Reading this makes me quite excited. Sivir is by far the rework I want (and have wanted) the most, not just because I loathe her awful model (I'm an ADC player and can't bring myself to play her because of it) but also because she just strikes me as a less interesting champion compared to my other potential picks. I don't think anybody will be displeased with whatever you make in the end parrot, Sivir needs an update in many areas, just not like a full relaunch. This isn't really contested unlike Trundle and Karma's relaunches.
Release Sivir's VU after Trundle's/Sejuani's (as I think they're next) and I'll start working on my dormant art skills again to send you amazing Leona fan art!
Exactly, she's not really a contested territory. She's very flat right now. I choose to think that that's a good thing, it gives us a lot of room to play and make a very cohesive theme to wrap her character around.

Again, if a theme is decided upon that can override the base elements of a characters look, we construct the higher fidelity base as a skin. That gives us a lot of room to strengthen and possibly redefine a character if we feel there's a compelling direction.

SABUx

03-31-2013

Why the hell did riot decide to do trundle and karma over sivir, nobody even likes those two champs.

EYDØL

03-31-2013

yep sivir and taric the triangle couple <3

Mirror

03-31-2013

Would I be the first person to drop the LeBlanc bomb in this thread?

off-topic, not Sivir, yadda yadda, but it's been more than 15 months since her Mistletoe skin, which was itself awfully close to being in recolor territory.

As you were, friends.

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

well... Corki's questions aside... I'm glad you look at Sivir the way you do, most of us, just players seem to be very confused about her... I mean, just a week ago I found out she's supposed to be from noxus... but she sounds like a demacian... and dress like she lives in the jungle with nidalee... and has as much money as caitlyn perhaps who's from piltover...

her colors and theme doesn't scream noxus to anyone =/ I mean, noxus doesn't has a color I guess, but the palette used on them seems to be on the darker side... sivir wears yellow... BRIGHT yellow and huge gems that rivals taric's

her weapon doesn't seem too practical either for a mercenary, but I guess it's iconic, the difference in size from Boomerang blade and Ricochet is very odd, at least it's not like before when there was a ton of blades flying around, where did she kept all of that? xD now she could use 2 different sized weapons but it should appear in her model I think... the origins of her shield are very odd too, I always thought her gems had some sort of magic power she was able to use but there's no mention about that on her lore and if she's half mage it should be there =/

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
13 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
Would I be the first person to drop the LeBlanc bomb in this thread?

off-topic, not Sivir, yadda yadda, but it's been more than 15 months since her Mistletoe skin, which was itself awfully close to being in recolor territory.

Anyway...as you were, friends.
Honestly I'd love to keep this thread on track. Not really sure about anything LaBlanc related. I've already had a number of champion-specific threads derailed and I'd like to try to keep things fairly on target here

Mirana Arashi

03-31-2013

@IronStylus When can we expect Sivir's VU , are we really going to have to wait much? Cause her model has been very bad for a while , she looks like she has Polio