Sivir remake™

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NJewk

03-30-2013

Please, please bring back the sting that made sivir into sivir, her toggle ricochet!

Not all champions need to have a super easy laning phase and nothing else. Sivir was really strong late game, but you completely removed that from her, and made her laning her strong point, but it doesn't serve a purpose! She just cannot be as useful as other carries in her current state.

Her ricochet made her unique! Please make her carve her own spot in the champion lineup again!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
10 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
That's a very justifiable way of seeing her, and a valid interpretation. However, it requires more reading and turning the ideas over in one's head. I like that, personally, but I think it doesn't fit in LoL. What does more is selling the champions overtly. Hence, the popularity of champions like Draven and Rengar, whose personalities are very salient. Sivir could have all sorts of motivations and thoughts and such, but that doesn't make for the most cohesive character.
Something I think that's an opportunity with Sivir is to solidify a personality in her. Much like our more overt characters like you've stated, Sivir needs some personality landmarks. If she's a mercenary, then maybe we mix some Xena with some Han Solo. Maybe we take a bit of Laura Croft in the sort of woman-of-status turned vigilante/adventurer. If she has a sort of "charge!" mentality. Maybe we figure out how to amplify that.

There's a lot of fertile ground with Sivir in that she's largely a bank slate. That's really good actually, it means we have a lot of room to play and to slot her into a more fitting faction possibly, or maybe just giving her more significance in her current faction. Right now, to me at least, her story and character in general feels like a bit of a one-off. I very much dislike one-offs unless there are eventual plans to further deepen the story with subsequent characters.

Sivir I think has the potential to be a very integral character with a lot of attitude. I love that she's a strong lady, I think we can show that even more with a good story. This doesn't mean she has to lose any sexiness, from costume to concept or content of personality, we just amp up the sort of sexy that she is.

Personally I'm very excited about a Sivir VU. It's a great playground and wonderful opportunity for some real character cohesion.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Green View Post
based on policy they can only update skins cant change them so no
look at karma

TheCrowing1432

03-31-2013

A better question is

are they going to make sivir good? She's arguably the worst adc in the game right now.

BigPatches

03-31-2013

I could see her being an Exile like Riven... Not sure why I see it though

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-31-2013
11 of 55 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrowing1432 View Post
A better question is

are they going to make sivir good? She's arguably the worst adc in the game right now.
Gameplay tweaks are beyond the scope of what I deal with personally. It might be in scope of the team as a whole, but I'm not aware of any major mechanical changes.

Splinterheart

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Something I think that's an opportunity with Sivir is to solidify a personality in her. Much like our more overt characters like you've stated, Sivir needs some personality landmarks. If she's a mercenary, then maybe we mix some Xena with some Han Solo. Maybe we take a bit of Laura Croft in the sort of woman-of-status turned vigilante/adventurer. If she has a sort of "charge!" mentality. Maybe we figure out how to amplify that.

There's a lot of fertile ground with Sivir in that she's largely a bank slate. That's really good actually, it means we have a lot of room to play and to slot her into a more fitting faction possibly, or maybe just giving her more significance in her current faction. Right now, to me at least, her story and character in general feels like a bit of a one-off. I very much dislike one-offs unless there are eventual plans to further deepen the story with subsequent characters.

Sivir I think has the potential to be a very integral character with a lot of attitude. I love that she's a strong lady, I think we can show that even more with a good story. This doesn't mean she has to lose any sexiness, from costume to concept or content of personality, we just amp up the sort of sexy that she is.

Personally I'm very excited about a Sivir VU. It's a great playground and wonderful opportunity for some real character cohesion.
Reading this makes me quite excited. Sivir is by far the rework I want (and have wanted) the most, not just because I loathe her awful model (I'm an ADC player and can't bring myself to play her because of it) but also because she just strikes me as a less interesting champion compared to my other potential picks. I don't think anybody will be displeased with whatever you make in the end parrot, Sivir needs an update in many areas, just not like a full relaunch. This isn't really contested unlike Trundle and Karma's relaunches.
Release Sivir's VU after Trundle's/Sejuani's (as I think they're next) and I'll start working on my dormant art skills again to send you amazing Leona fan art!

dct2000

03-31-2013

Will she still have her crotch rag? Not that I like it.

Legendary Silver

03-31-2013

lower mana costs. Her kit is still viable if played right.

Pikku Nino

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus
There's a lot of fertile ground with Sivir in that she's largely a bank slate. That's really good actually, it means we have a lot of room to play
This might be a bad thing (if only for a small fraction of players), because, thanks to the blank slate, you (Riot) will go off somewhere where YOU think she belongs... yet some players visualised her in a different direction.

Blank slate is a great minus/plus for her...