Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oaklen

03-30-2013

Looking forward to it more then zac

Shadow Racoon

03-31-2013

The Trundle situation, in a nutshell.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20340...gn-comics.html

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Yeah... it's still a really wonky situation. Still glad it's been noticed thus far.

IcedStorm

03-31-2013

hold up riot REWORK SION'S MODEL FIRST also fix his weak splash art

Kamakazi Pope

03-31-2013

Hey is there any way we could get a petition for the Trundle Rework/Deletion. or contact the designers. I feel like the forums will have little to no effect but Emails would hold a little more water.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedStorm View Post
hold up riot REWORK SION'S MODEL FIRST also fix his weak splash art
careful now, they might just replace him entirely with a new kinda somewhat well hes the same race similar champion like trundle...

Slarg232

03-31-2013

How do you guys know that he isn't still some form of debilitated troll? Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean he isn't hurt in some way.

Yes, I prefer the Pestilence Troll over the Ice one, but I would much rather have SOMETHING done for him rather than leave him in his current state....

Kamakazi Pope

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarg232 View Post
How do you guys know that he isn't still some form of debilitated troll? Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean he isn't hurt in some way.

Yes, I prefer the Pestilence Troll over the Ice one, but I would much rather have SOMETHING done for him rather than leave him in his current state....
No one is saying they want him left how he is currently they are saying just do not reworking him.

Ophirr

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
You've stated that you never really liked Trundle besides his kit and the tragedy of his lore based off your comments. Or rather, I am inferring that since that's the only positive comments about Trundle that you've checked off (not really his individual personality, appearance, different from other champions). I explained before that's a perfectly legitimate stance because not all League of Legends players are cut from the same cloth.

I also never said all Trundle players hate the remake. I have as I have throughout the thread: expressed my discontent, mentioned the earlier promise (why Ironstylus responded to me once), and spoke on my general feel for gross, niche champions / monsters; I gave that with supportive evidence. They are removing what serves a smaller market of players. As such, they are not in conflict with a whole; they are still drastically changing a champion to the displeasure of a few. It also conflicts with Grumpy Monkey's earlier words. We can continue to squabble over whether the upset Trundle base is being too vocal on the matter; it's quite possible to deliver the fantasy you're wanting in another champion. There is no reason Trundle, specifically, had to be readjusted for this scenario. That's basic knowledge that both sides can admit to.

Secondly, I have never called him an epitome of perfection. I've called him niche and limited to a smaller player base. Riot promised diversity; I am seeing homogenization for an attempt to salvage him for a select few at the cost of a fair number of prior fans. The fact that my comments do not fall into simple downvotes shows me there's enough to balance it out in a positive manner. As with Karma, they are also willing to listen on the matter since there are legitimate fans. And I'm also pretty certain there are more devoted Trundle fans as the SSoTP matter popped up quite a bit over the last year alone versus legitimate Karma talk.

Getting back to the point: You're basically telling me to not voice my dissatisfaction because this Trundle suits your view. This Trundle does nothing for me as I bought into him for the original fantasy. You highly stress the kit's value for yourself (invoking the meta, for instance). Trundle being different on multiple facets is what attracted me; his kit came to me as secondary after his appearance, personality, and lore. If I wanted a buffer, fiercer jungler there are a variety of options. This Trundle is a shell of his former self; I intend fully to express that to Riot. I'm sorry you feel that I'm "harassing" Riot; I'm tried to remain quite civil while solely calling them out on their failure on this matter. If not, they wouldn't have bothered to reply to me in the first place.

I just find their handling of this manner to be completely slippery and arbitrary. As this problem could have been avoided with a simple visual update and exploring further troll themes via another champion. They created the drama themselves by doing this in secret and knowing it would incite a fan base. They said they learned their lessons from Karma about what fans value; they release Trundle who resembles pretty much none of his former self. There will be unrest. That is all.
Eh, I must have got my feelings about trundle's lore off incorrectly. In regards to Trundle's lore, I actually love the story (and have discussed it in more details in the lore section). The fact that he was chosen to uphold the entirety of his tribe's curse by his self, and didn't just give up and wallow around in his misery, but instead he went to the league of legends and was capable of going toe to toe to nightmares from the void, the best that demacia and noxus has to offer, and magical beings beyond mortal power is freaking awesome. I would read a 400 page book about it.

However, while his lore is extremely well written, it doesn't allow for much interaction between him and the other champions of LoL. It suffers from the syndrome of "oh hey, we can just insert this dude's back story and have him come from some place that no other champions come from and just have him fight in the league". I believe that this isn't healthy for the game as a whole and for his place in it, thus I welcome his inclusion into Friejlord, since it allows him to have links to Ashe, Tryndamere, Sejuani, and the upcoming Lissandra. And since now there is an entire faction that he represents, imagine the possible developments from this. Why are the trolls raiding the humans in Friejlord? Are they merely looking for supplies, defending their sacred ancestral homeland, or perhaps they're trying to expand, because of the growth and advancement of an actual troll empire under Trundle's rule? Basically, I see extremely high potential for his new place in the lore of Runeterra, and thus welcome the changes to his lore, even though his old lore wasn't necessarily bad, but perhaps too isolated.

In regards to his niche role in league as a gross champion/monster champion (even though I'd actually classify the monster role as more of void creatures, Urogt, and Skarner), is this niche ideal for Trundle? Wouldn't it be better to present the niche of the cursed, diseased, and disfigured individual as something that could be connected to the rest of Runeterra more easily? This could simply be a new Shadow Isle's champion, or perhaps something that can be the cause of extreme pollution from Zaun, much like Twitch albeit with far more serious consequences/issues. I also would like to suggest that Kog and Urgot aren't going to be changed, as Kog is one of the most loved champions in league and this gross/cuteness is extremely popular, in addition he has a well established connection to the world of Runeterra and other champions through his connection to the Void. And Urgot not only has relations to specific champions (Sion and Garen, for example) but he represents the dark, necromatic side of Noxus which is something that isn't well represented by the other champions besides Sion (who definitely needs a relaunch/hard core VU). I'd actually say his main issue is that his kit is balanced over how good he can be in the hands of a pro, thus new players often think he's weak.

You state that one of the main reasons you fell in love with Trundle is because of his appearance. Does the inclusion of the traditional Trundle skin help alleviate that issue? But besides that, there are two issues I'd like to address. One, I will admit that you are part of a large group of people with legitimate concerns and questions (which I may not personally agree with), and would like to apologize for my condescending tone that insinuated that you should stop expressing your views because they don't match my own. I'm sorry. However, I would also ask that you (not you personally, but the group of Trundle players that you represent) present your ideas as more of a constructive conversation such as this post that I'm responding to, instead of some of the very unconstructive Riot complaints that I see often in this thread.

But hey, at least both sides can agree that it's good that Riot is finally looking at Trundle, even if we don't agree with what extent they are doing so. And Happy Easter!

StraTosSpeAr

03-31-2013

Very disappointed in Riot with this. Karma's rework was disappointing as well. Yes, Karma is good now, but she's not Karma. It's a completely different champion. The same thing here. Riot is just deleting old champions that do have a following because they want to make some more bland/generic champions with a little more appeal. I see no upside to this rework. All Trundle needs is a tiny bit of love in terms of his abilities. His story and aesthetic is fantastic and very unique and should stay put.