the day malzahar gets a VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth Belief View Post
Please no.

Please go with the chinese artwork one. I really, REALLY hate murrica taric. He's not meant to be silly. The community did that. And don't say "Well that's what's important!" because if that were true, then Taric would've never received the changes he got recently that made him viable outside the support role -- RIOT originally envisioned him as bruiser with a potential support role, NOT the community. RIOT originally envisioned Taric as a badass Gem knight, the community made him sparkling gayboy. He can have a sparkling gayboy skin, but Chinese Taric is the better taric.
Taric's voice AND his appearance gave him the "fabulous gay man" character that American fans have come to love. He also has this character literally everywhere besides China.

I would be devastated if they took away his fabulous qualities.

Rivini

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmph View Post
You could design models that look like, ya know, from this generation of graphics. With things like...... moving mouths...... facial expressions.......... ect......
There's no need for the extra data when you honestly wouldn't even notice things like mouths moving (normal human mouths) when playing.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-30-2013
13 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Mr. Parrot, while I do accept and understand trundles new lore and look, I have to ask, does he really have to had his color scheme switched to the WoW Troll standard color scheme? I mean, is so hard to not make the comparison to the WoW trolls do to that, couldn't he have been a bit more greenish? I would have preferred him looking like Ganondorf than a WoW troll.
Considering the ice theme overhaul it felt natural to go with his current hue and accent colors.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-30-2013
14 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
what are your thoughts on shen? his arms look like two big meatballs conjoined
Shen could use some visual quality of life enhancements, but actually i think his problems go a bit deeper in that stealthy ninja dude, to me, doesn't really scream "tank".

Vandite

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Considering the ice theme overhaul it felt natural to go with his current hue and accent colors.
Give Taric a disco ball on his ult or dance? Fabulous

SnFuBaR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

what about Heimerdinger? really he needs it badly, was supposed to be a rework but i think riot forgot about him.... again

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Quote:
Blue skin perhaps, but red hair? I could have taken white, dark/light gray, blonde but bright red?

CynicalGiant

03-30-2013

Quote:
Shen could use some visual quality of life enhancements, but actually i think his problems go a bit deeper in that stealthy ninja dude, to me, doesn't really scream "tank".
You could make Shen a lot bigger and more muscular. That would let people know he is a tank.

Sunedge

03-30-2013

i'll copy paste a question in a thread i opened:

since you're around here care to tell if Morde - triangle feet - Kaiser is on anyone list for a VU?

And on a side note, do you know who was the champion designer of Swain? i want to have my 1000th win with him :3

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

03-30-2013

Quote:
You can call me out, it comes with the job. Truth is, it's not about popularity, it's about quality and cohesion. Character roster is becoming more important in terms of those qualities. That's why many things are fair game.

Trundle wasn't fulfilling a fantasy appropriately, or so we decided. Honestly, that's more Morello territory as he has a more solid opinion. However, I agree with him on that level. Fantasy fulfillment and the psychology of a play style/roleplaying of the character's mentality are things that were lacking in Trundle, or so we felt.

This is a subject more appropriately addressed by people who are not me. I don't really have a heavy an opinion as others do, nor do I espouse to have all the detailed math behind the scenes.

Urgot won't go anywhere, but he could use a polish pass to improve the quality of his model, animations and particles.

Once again quality and cohesion didn't required you to create a new champion so that is utter ****. Making him more viable didn't required a complete overhaul of his entire being.

See you say that about Urgot now, he is however in the exact boat Trundle was in. Niche pick, ugly, small fan-base. How long until he gets retconned and loses his identity. MAYBE HE'S GOING TO BE THE ICE WITCH!!!11