the day malzahar gets a VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-30-2013
6 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
He's been on a list for more than a few years. Yet Sejuani and Trundle ( Mind you nobody wanted Trundle changed) have been pushed ahead of Sion, Sivir and Poppy.
The Relaunch team was only officially formed at the end of last year so.. no. He hasn't.

Sejuani and Trundle are obviously, if you haven't noticed, part of something a bit bigger, and were integral components to something that was time-sensitive, hence the acceleration of their overhauls.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-30-2013
7 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
What about Taric?
He is a popular support and has awful hair.
Heck, he has worst hair than Kat and he has cake feet. Kat honestly was a shocker to me when Sivir and Taric look the way they still do.
I can't wait to dig into Taric whenever that happens. That's gunna be an OUTRAGEOUSLY FABULOUS challenge

ValderiusRex

03-30-2013

Great to hear our concerns like Taric and Sion and Sivir are on the list. Any idea of an order/eta for any of them?

I know it's a general trap for reds to give anything vaguely resembling information because we tend to hold you to it unfairly, but It would be nice to know who's "on deck" so to speak.

Chibodee Crocket

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
The Relaunch team was only officially formed at the end of last year so.. no. He hasn't.

Sejuani and Trundle are obviously, if you haven't noticed, part of something a bit bigger, and were integral components to something that was time-sensitive, hence the acceleration of their overhauls.
Did I talk exclusively about art design? Sion's and Poppy have been on champion balance lists and art update lists for years combined. So yea, he has been on lists like this for years now.

Trundle wasn't obvious you guys are deleting him and giving us generic WoW troll model number 4. How long until Urgot gets deleted due to him not selling well due to being ugly?

MadLock

03-30-2013

Quote:
I can't wait to dig into Taric whenever that happens. That's gunna be an OUTRAGEOUSLY FABULOUS challenge
Any Info on Zilean?

Luscious Lenny

03-30-2013

Quote:
Both entail slightly more complexity than initially thought. Good opportunities, big potential challenges.
dontcha go making sivir look like leona MR. PARROT

p.s. : i thought you ran away yesterday when leona got disbabled turns out your on vacation

Vekkz

03-30-2013

Quote:
*please be a Chinese artwork based Taric*

Talith PA

03-30-2013

Quote:
Parrot his hair better be gloriously flowing in the wind. I don't care if he needs to kidnap Pix and have him constantly flying around fanning him to make it happen.

Dazzle needs to have him giving off an award winning smile while striking a pose.

When he dies he needs to shatter like glass.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-30-2013
8 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
Did I talk exclusively about art design? Sion's and Poppy have been on champion balance lists and art update lists for years combined. So yea, he has been on lists like this for years now.

Trundle wasn't obvious you guys are deleting him and giving us generic WoW troll model number 45 while. How long until Urgot gets deleted due to him not selling well due to being ugly?
You're posting in a thread about VU. What am I to assume? Also, I'm an artist and you're speaking in a thread completely referencing art. So, again, as far as art is concerned, what this thread is actually about, no, he hasn't been on any list.

I'm sorry that you feel Trundle isn't up your alley anymore. If you have an emotional attachment to a character we don't want to dismantle that, but we do want to improve characters where we can. We want to solidify theme and bring up the execution where the opportunity exists. This is going to ruffle feathers, and we've resigned ourselves to that. It's a heavy burden to bare, knowing you're going to really cheese off a very devoted base of players, but we feel it's in the greater good where we see fertile ground. We knew what we were signing up for though, and we expect a good share of negative feedback. So long as it's productive though, we're going to soak it up.

We're trying to do the what we can to increase appeal and solidify where we feel there's shaky foundation. It's going to come with its share of bruises, but in the end it should help our roster be stronger, more cohesive, and better exectuted.

Rivini

03-30-2013

Quote:
I can't wait to dig into Taric
I'm sure he can't wait, either.

Hue.