So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Awww, Riot... guys... really?

You changed the skirt on Traditional Karma from what's shown in this thread and now it looks bad. :< Really bad. From behind and from the front.

MasterRohan

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeroRith View Post
I loved the old Karma. Owned with her support. . .
Take away my aoe heal, to heal the whole team and save like three people from a karth ult.
Take away my amazing shield with the ability to damage attackers, helping to further defend the carry/fend off hungry assassins.
Take away my- oh wait, you can take the tether. Do not want that much XD
Take away the mantra, a good, balanced buff to Karma's abilities.
Take away the scaling of AP from hp, allowing me to do well in a losing teamfight, protecting and healing key allies when the going gets rough. Also, forcing me to buy ap to make most of my abilities do anything meaningful, leaving me without the ability to spend gold on auras or wards/oracles

Give me a skillshot. . . that does damage ( obviously what a support should do), and slows a teensy bit. Unless I use my 1 and only mantra with a huge cd time to make it slow, then goodness me, do more damage
Give me a tether, at least this is better than the old tether, because it is a heal/stun. My first cc besides a weensy slow
Give me a shield that is hopefully equal in power to my old one defense wise. Make it speed up allies, thats ok and kinda makes up for the loss of an aoe damage to hurt attackers. Again, big cd mantra to make it help my whole team, which the old tether did with no need for mantra
And, finally, a passive that encourages aggressiveness, and the wasting of mana and cooldowns on harassing and dealing damage to enemies, as a support character.

Do you get it now?
Its not a complete rip off, but its not worth it. Its like trading an Infinity Edge for a BF Sword. . .
I loved old Karma, and its about time you stop trying to tailor the game to the idiots who make up the vocal minority, and the people who don't understand the champions, therefore complain. Karma was fine, amazing support. People just couldn't meet the skill level required to play her properly.

This is not a rework..

Call it what it is. A dumbing down for idiot players who didn't want to take the time to properly learn and understand Karma. An appeal to the vocal minority of LoL, the same minority who think that Zilean bombs are OP, and Tryndamere is a free win.

PS: If you wanna change everything, AND the story, just make a new goddamn champion, and leave the good ones alone.

PPS: Those shoulder mounted disc holders. . . Why. . .

I so agree with what you said, all what Riot should have done is give us the old Karma back and change her tether skill, that skill isn't really useful in my opinion (and yours). The new Karma is not fun at all and i can't support with her. The Mantra with only one stack isn't really good in team fight. She lost her ability to bait and get out of a 5 men chase with the chance to rejoin the group fight.
Most of all, I'm really disappointed that she lost her fans. FANS WERE THE MOST ATTRACTIVE PART ABOUT KARMA. I don't care the change of the dress, it is more battle fitting(whatever the lore wants), but come on, at least keep the fans as weapon.

Teilf

03-29-2013

I am very mixed on the Karma rework. The way her skills function I do enjoy, the options are good, I just don't think there is enough room to make them. Damage wise she is very lackluster, only able to really do any damage by spending a mantra, which is now on a very long cooldown. The damage with a mantra used is pretty nice, but it doesn't really boost the ability enough to qualify as an ult, which it has essentially become now. It's halfway between and ult and a regular ability, and it consumes the use of the ability you empowered.

If the goal was to make her less mantra reliant then the update failed, big time. I can't really trade with anyone without having a mantra up and then they are free to out sustain me in the mean time.

One of two things needs to happen to make Karma viable. Either the base damage on her abilities needs to get boosted a fair bit, making her less reliant on her mantra in the first place, or the mantra needs to have it's cooldown reduced, and I mean a lot. Where it's at I can have a slight upperhand because of mantra in the early laning phase but once the enemy has ult it's done. Can't compete.

I know she's supposed to be somewhere between a support and an AP carry but her carry side is very underwhelming, and her support is a fair bit weaker as well. Her shield doesn't block as much damage as before and she can no longer heal her lane partner. She still has a slow and a haste but she lost the heal for a root that requires her to be in the enemies face. Using the root is really hard because of it's short range, making it easy to break and thus cutting the already poor damage down even further.

All in all, I'd say the rework was a nerf for Karma. She had more burst presence and more support presence before because she could at least use her mantra regularly. Now she's as mantra reliant without the ability to use her mantra as often. I do really like the mechanical change, she does feel better to play, but what she brings to the table is definitely worse than before, and she was already a controversial champion to pick.

House of Defoe

03-29-2013

Stayed up just to try her and...Teilf hit every point perfectly.

I'm actually surprised the root isn't a longer chain, I thought it would be. But it breaks at the drop of a hat, range or otherwise, now has absolutely zero strategy for use other than "Uh, stand next to them and follow them around like a stalker while you mantra heal off them." Also didn't realize it was going to become champ-only. I thought that was going to be one of her better skills too, no luck.

All in all she got a somewhat pronounced damage shift, but her survivability's much worse, and her support role is practically nonexistant.

Essentially what we have now is a champ with no passive and no ulti, but whose skills seem to require 2/3rds an ulti's worth of cooldown to be effective. I'm hoping this is a first draft.

DoubleT Nguyen

03-29-2013

"anyone who owns Karma before her relaunch will get this Traditional Karma skin for free"

where's my traditional karma skin???

Alonsis

03-29-2013

A pale shadow of the original. Granted, she looks nice and has nice particle effects, but her playstyle has shifted from 'support/ap burst' to 'lackluster'.

Her spells don't mix well and support wise you might as well take Orianna. She can't even heal allies now, and her heal requires her to be close to the enemy. Which is bad.
Mantra being down to 1 charge would be okay if the cooldown wasn't so damn long, and on that note, her passive is somewhat weak. And requires using spells with questionable cooldowns as well.

As a suggestion: Perhaps she could get mantra's faster the less hp she has? Or- better yet, shorter cooldowns based on hp.

She just feels...flashy but weak. All glamor and no bite.

Needs more fans.

ps: Also, if you bought karma already, you'll get her old skin. If you didn't, buy it now, it looks quite nice on the new model.

ShadowNigg

03-29-2013

I logged in to see Karma was available last night. No skin... Logged in today and saw that i still dont own the Traditional Karma skin. Where do I submit a ticket.

TuCraiN

03-29-2013

Wow this new Karma is garbage... So gimp. That is all. Thanks riot for taking away one of my favorite champions.

Alvaro

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuCraiN View Post
Wow this new Karma is garbage... So gimp. That is all. Thanks riot for taking away one of my favorite champions.
She's really good, you're bad bro.

Astdujsrt

03-29-2013

Why patch on saturday? WHYYY? Only 2 days and i would have the ip needed, but now i dont even know if i want to buy her cause ppl saying she sucks more than eve before the rework...