Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
You seem to be missing the entire point: Trundle's lore purposefully broke stereotypes to explore a theme.

It is about a hero who was shunned, and it contrasts with all of the standard League heroic characters that are honored by their people.

Trundle's lore is about people refusing to look past his revolting appearance and see the soul inside.

Its also about Trundle's deep, though perhaps not openly admitted desire to be accepted ; and manages to "humanize" him, if I may use the term, more than most champions on the roster.

But you would probably prefer that Riot follow every cliche to the letter and never explore an interesting idea.
not only that but trash the current one, which is simply an insult. This "remake" literally removes every single vestige of his past self...

Bloosjen

03-29-2013

well, the lore won't really matter if I still get to play my Trundlekins.
it is a shame that he probably won't be the 'almighty poo-*****' when this update comes out.
he'll be like... the ice-*****... or something.
ew.
regardless, I appreciate the effort you've put into keeping the lesser known champs fresh.
be excellent to yourself, Riot.

KrowdKlown

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
You seem to be missing the entire point: Trundle's lore purposefully broke stereotypes to explore a theme.

It is about a hero who was shunned, and it contrasts with all of the standard League heroic characters that are honored by their people.

Trundle's lore is about people refusing to look past his revolting appearance and see the soul inside.

Its also about Trundle's deep, though perhaps not openly admitted desire to be accepted ; and manages to "humanize" him, if I may use the term, more than most champions on the roster.

But you would probably prefer that Riot follow every cliche to the letter and never explore an interesting idea.
I totally agree, Trundle's character is in many aspects different from the rest because he's totally not normal. Nothing really makes him attractive, he's a troll, he has a leprous disease, and to top it all off, he basically threw his tribe under the bus (read his judgement). He is very much a anti-hero type character that doesn't exist in League.

However, Trundle is one of those few champs that aren't played. Riot wants to make money. Thus this happened. Cliche troll warlord comes into play and bam, we have the lore update -__-

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Trundle's decision not to restore the disease is actually stated to have extended the life expectancy of the tribe.

To quote the summoner in his judgement:

"What they did to you did not cure them. It barely even prolongs the tribe's inevitable extinction."

Whats interesting is that Trundle could have been rid of the curse with a decent excuse for choosing to.

I think his curse is what allows him to compete on the FoJ, and to him working with other champions and linking his mind to a summoner might be a way to finally feel that he finally belongs somewhere.

(Before his curse he was the bullied runt of the tribe, and trolls in general are a somewhat outcast race from others.)

With his pain tolerance, he can probably handle most of what the league has to offer in stride.

(Granted, he would probably take the chance to be rid of the rotting if he could keep the regeneration.)

Reybag

03-29-2013

now judge trundle skin will never happend

Galgus

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reybag View Post
now judge trundle skin will never happend
For whatever reason I've wanted Chef Trundle:

With a giant Whisk or Rollling Pin for a club, a chef hat, a piece of bread for Pillar, and random soup vegetables popping up and sinking to the ground in the Contaminate field.

I'm weird like that.

(Not trying to imply that I view Trundle as a canibal, I just like silly skins.)

Muranodo

03-29-2013

I was still hoping for Gentleman Trundle after Judge Trundle. Seemed like it'd contrast his personality so well. Oh well. Have to worry about the core Trundle now first because of this mess.
We've had some big PBE updates on the weekend before so hoping Trundle will get put on. But guessing it's probably next week by the total silence. Waiting to continue this conversation really sucks and just allows for more time wasted.

Reybag

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
I was still hoping for Gentleman Trundle after Judge Trundle. Seemed like it'd contrast his personality so well. Oh well. Have to worry about the core Trundle now first because of this mess.
We've had some big PBE updates on the weekend before so hoping Trundle will get put oh. But guessing it's probably next week by the total silence. Waiting to continue this conversation really sucks and just allows for more time wasted.
yes gentlemen trundle would hve been awesome

Hoacs

03-29-2013

What do you think about the "ice-contaminate" letting people slide to the opposite side of where they entered and when cast beneath their feet they slide in the direction they move first. (Not the whole aoe but the core circle.)

It would fit the Ice-Theme would be a new feature and it would fit the (Internet-)trolling aswell.

It would also make him the first person to juke without blinking/dashing around.

Little paint-skills to make you roughly see what i mean.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130329/yi878ykb.jpg

The outer circle is the good old MS/AS buff and the inner one is the described "sliding-zone".

What do you think?

Muranodo

03-29-2013

He's getting minor skill tweaks. And it sounds a bit like confusion statuses in RPGs where you move in a direction you don't want. They're usually quite annoying, and it'd lack a fair amount of counterplay, so it'd be denied. Beyond that, I really have no interest in embracing an ice theme to his abilities. Rework is presently and likely to remain garbage for me because of the presently available aesthetic leaks. I can imagine him in his native walk with the new classic model, and I don't like it. Adding the ice theme on top of that just slathers the disappointment on more.