So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sowned Wayvzz

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifile View Post
Sowned waves so angry, you mad bro

Yes i am mad VINCE

Josh de Tonreau

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowned Wayvzz View Post
I am so enraged at riot to the point where I'm not sure how much longer i can stand their bull****. Karma was a very great support, BUT ONLY SUPPORT, there had never been a champion such as karma that was only support and now with the change there never will be. Riot does not listen to anyone's feedback either. Not only do they change things that dont need to be changed but they wreck everything in they're path. I am a die hard karma fan, and the way she played was so fun, and she was the only unique champion in all of league of legends, she is now just another support mage, like morgana, like lux. It's bull****. She did not need a rework, i would have been okay, unhappy, but okay with a visual update, but they made her a completely different champion, she isn't even karma anymore. She is this new "Riot'ized" version of karma. Like they are doing with everything. I have been a player for lol for all 3 seasons now and it gets worse and worse, Riot has ruined 1 of the best things in league of legends, and of course all of us who actually liked and played her played her because we liked HOW she was played, and riot went and ****ed that up to make everyone who didnt play her happy, so **** you riot.
she actually blew as support and was an amazing mid. so. you're retarded lol EVERY other support was better than old karma.

smileyfacez

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowned Wayvzz View Post
I am so enraged at riot to the point where I'm not sure how much longer i can stand their bull****. Karma was a very great support, BUT ONLY SUPPORT, there had never been a champion such as karma that was only support and now with the change there never will be. Riot does not listen to anyone's feedback either. Not only do they change things that dont need to be changed but they wreck everything in they're path. I am a die hard karma fan, and the way she played was so fun, and she was the only unique champion in all of league of legends, she is now just another support mage, like morgana, like lux. It's bull****. She did not need a rework, i would have been okay, unhappy, but okay with a visual update, but they made her a completely different champion, she isn't even karma anymore. She is this new "Riot'ized" version of karma. Like they are doing with everything. I have been a player for lol for all 3 seasons now and it gets worse and worse, Riot has ruined 1 of the best things in league of legends, and of course all of us who actually liked and played her played her because we liked HOW she was played, and riot went and ****ed that up to make everyone who didnt play her happy, so **** you riot.
Agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifile View Post
Sowned waves so angry, you mad bro
and you XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh de Tonreau View Post
she actually blew as support and was an amazing mid. so. you're retarded lol EVERY other support was better than old karma.
She was a pretty good support and a terrible mid.

Sowned Wayvzz

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh de Tonreau View Post

did you ever use karma? she was a great support, she could solo tank towers, shield and heal. her shield literally made no champion or minion take any damage for 5 seconds, then you would heal them, rinse and repeat, it was amazing, and then her tether if you were solo bot with your ADC she would slow them as long as you were tether and the adc would rape the tethered champion. She was a perfect support.

Angel Invader

03-28-2013

ruin my day just finish support runepage for karma and now she is being reworked because people were upset about not being able to play her like lux or morg. she was one of the best supports being able to heal slow shield and still be able to put out dmg with a decent amount of mag pen, but noooo riot goes and ****s everything up this is worse than them always reworking irelia for being op when its the people that play irelia know what they are doing, but nooo noobs be *****in because they suck

Angel Invader

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdevilM2 View Post
Yes, but will she be a viable support after the rework?
she was a viable support idiot the best in the game

ruc77

03-28-2013

hi guys in my opinion this rework is a carp playng as a support becouse u have to use your skill in enemies to make a lower coldown on mantra but i just hant to say let new karma the way she is but just let she have 2 mantra whit the coldown becouse mantra dont have the power of a ultimate and the coldown at the bigginning is 50 sec for 1 mantra i think is to much if they left karma like this way hill be good for make big KS

VeeroRith

03-28-2013

I loved the old Karma. Owned with her support. . .
Take away my aoe heal, to heal the whole team and save like three people from a karth ult.
Take away my amazing shield with the ability to damage attackers, helping to further defend the carry/fend off hungry assassins.
Take away my- oh wait, you can take the tether. Do not want that much XD
Take away the mantra, a good, balanced buff to Karma's abilities.
Take away the scaling of AP from hp, allowing me to do well in a losing teamfight, protecting and healing key allies when the going gets rough. Also, forcing me to buy ap to make most of my abilities do anything meaningful, leaving me without the ability to spend gold on auras or wards/oracles

Give me a skillshot. . . that does damage ( obviously what a support should do), and slows a teensy bit. Unless I use my 1 and only mantra with a huge cd time to make it slow, then goodness me, do more damage
Give me a tether, at least this is better than the old tether, because it is a heal/stun. My first cc besides a weensy slow
Give me a shield that is hopefully equal in power to my old one defense wise. Make it speed up allies, thats ok and kinda makes up for the loss of an aoe damage to hurt attackers. Again, big cd mantra to make it help my whole team, which the old tether did with no need for mantra
And, finally, a passive that encourages aggressiveness, and the wasting of mana and cooldowns on harassing and dealing damage to enemies, as a support character.

Do you get it now?
Its not a complete rip off, but its not worth it. Its like trading an Infinity Edge for a BF Sword. . .
I loved old Karma, and its about time you stop trying to tailor the game to the idiots who make up the vocal minority, and the people who don't understand the champions, therefore complain. Karma was fine, amazing support. People just couldn't meet the skill level required to play her properly.

This is not a rework..

Call it what it is. A dumbing down for idiot players who didn't want to take the time to properly learn and understand Karma. An appeal to the vocal minority of LoL, the same minority who think that Zilean bombs are OP, and Tryndamere is a free win.

PS: If you wanna change everything, AND the story, just make a new goddamn champion, and leave the good ones alone.

PPS: Those shoulder mounted disc holders. . . Why. . .

House of Defoe

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeroRith View Post
PS: If you wanna change everything, AND the story, just make a new goddamn champion, and leave the good ones alone.
That's more or less my confusion with the change. I have the sneaking suspicion that the changes don't even fill any void that isn't otherwise filled by other champs....but I'll have to play her to find out.

The issue isn't really whether this new champ is good or not, because I'm sure she's just fine at what she does...according to a lot of this thread even better than some champs (leblanc) in some categories.

The issue is that I can't for the life of me figure out why they're trying to insist this is karma. Maybe they just really wanted to reuse the aesthetics of her skills and thought making the new champ family would be some sort of cop out? Or maybe they just wanted a different version of karma and couldn't figure out how to justify both old and new in game at once, being similar enough to have so many mechanics overlaps...seems likely.
Or maybe april 1st will roll around and they'll say "Hah! Just kidding! This is actually our new champion Dharma."

Either way, I'm glad I got to try her when I did. She was an interesting and fun champion, so now I have one to measure all other supports against. And I think it's a pretty high bar, good luck Riot~

Cheesyroll

03-28-2013

Name change: Amrak "the unclothed one"....just throwin it out there...:-p