Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperiorZephyr

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Ughhh! IF YOU'RE GOING TO SAY THAT HE'S BASICALLY A COMPLETELY NEW CHAMPION, THEN JUST MAKE HIM A NEW CHAMPION!!!! There is NO reason to get rid of what Trundle is. Just make him some new troll from Frejlord. It doesn't have to be Trundle. Don't do this Riot. This is a poor excuse to get rid of my favorite character.

I literally want to just punch something right now because of my frustration. All I keep seeing from Red posts is "wait until its on PBE because by that time we can say 'suck it we're not changing it too bad so sad go cry in a corner'"...I thought Riot cared about their community. Apparently they care more about the players who don't play a champ than those who do.

And I swear if you make Lil' Slugger Trundle ice-themed I'll be getting a refund before you can say "Riot sucks."
While it's nice that you are so vocal about your feelings perhaps you should change some things to be taken more seriously. Riot wanted to make things more cohesive and involve Trundle in more lore and by doing so get him involved. Honestly if all you are concerned about is looks then maybe you should ask about if a traditional/pre-relaunch skin is possible .

My question is that now that trundle has moved out of the gross thing no one likes niche, will there be /is there something planned to fill it?

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
"New Trundle [is] gonna be so much different though."

Apples and oranges.

If you think the new Trundle is better (in terms of aesthetics etc.), that just means that you prefer what the new one has to offer, moreso than you prefer what the old one had to offer. Neither is "better," they just bring different qualities to the table.

The problem, here, is that people liked what old Trundle had to offer (grossness, "disease" theming, runty appearance, underdog status, scrappy/gutsy attitude to match his appearance and gameplay, etc.), and there is no champion (existing or mentioned to be a future release) that fills that void--and with new Trundle, everything he brings to the table is already there ("ice" theming, brawn, etc.).

Players that like what the old Trundle had are disappointed because they will no longer have access to it, and players that like the new Trundle are basically getting a sample platter of things they already have access to.

The new Trundle isn't bad by any means, though, and I wouldn't mind seeing him as a new character (with gameplay more closely reflecting his appearance and status--whereas now he has old Trundle's table-turner gameplay slapped onto an unfitting form), but he represents the loss of something valued, which is why people are making noise about it.
This pretty much, I'm bad with words. They removed everything old trundle brought visually and characteristically and replaced it with something we already have a lot of...and there is no champion replace that missing spot now.

MobiIe Ward

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
game-wise? I bet he is, he needed it.

I just don't see why they trashed his old lore and character ENTIRELY and made his normal skin look like a mishappen olaf and his "traditional" look like a WoW troll and removed his unique element. Mechanically I'm sure he will be far better but why on earth did they ahve to make him so mechanically GENERIC to the max.

Also I'm worried about what they are gonna do to junkyard trundle, I loved the reference in the skin and I bet its just gonna get replaced by something...if these two skins are anything to speak, probably something boring.
maybe they couldnt think of any fun skills to go with his old lore. also it would be almost impossible to make him not disgusting with his old lore. and his disgustingness was wat was holding him back alot in the amount of ppl playing him.

MobiIe Ward

03-28-2013

Quote:
"New Trundle [is] gonna be so much different though."

Apples and oranges.

If you think the new Trundle is better (in terms of aesthetics etc.), that just means that you prefer what the new one has to offer, moreso than you prefer what the old one had to offer. Neither is "better," they just bring different qualities to the table.

The problem, here, is that people liked what old Trundle had to offer (grossness, "disease" theming, runty appearance, underdog status, scrappy/gutsy attitude to match his appearance and gameplay, etc.), and there is no champion (existing or mentioned to be a future release) that fills that void--and with new Trundle, everything he brings to the table is already there ("ice" theming, brawn, etc.).

Players that like what the old Trundle had are disappointed because they will no longer have access to it, and players that like the new Trundle are basically getting a sample platter of things they already have access to.

The new Trundle isn't bad by any means, though, and I wouldn't mind seeing him as a new character (with gameplay more closely reflecting his appearance and status--whereas now he has old Trundle's table-turner gameplay slapped onto an unfitting form), but he represents the loss of something valued, which is why people are making noise about it.
u got a point. but his character model is really ugly(i dont mean disgusting. i mean just a ghetto looking design). which is a big reason y i dont play him often. his skill set is unique. but its not really that fun. it gets boring pretty quick. and u cant really see the effect he is having on the other team because his skills dont have much visuals. i have high hopes that the rework will fix everything wrong with him.

MobiIe Ward

03-28-2013

u diehard trundle fans need to stop being butthurt. u havnt even seen the changes yet.

Reybag

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
u diehard trundle fans need to stop being butthurt. u havnt even seen the changes yet.
we did see the pics of the new model and thats what most of us dont like ,thats not trundle at all,its not like when katarina got his new model, this new model is complete different from what trundle is
and even his "traditional skin" doesnt look as trundle at all,its another troll ,its not trundle

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
I think Trundle fans value his lore more than his kit.

I know I do personally, and I hate to see that lore go.

MobiIe Ward

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I think Trundle fans value his lore more than his kit.

I know I do personally, and I hate to see that lore go.
eh. its pretty good lore. i liked it. but it doesnt feel right to me when i play him. his lore makes him heroic. its like eating cereal with buffalo sauce instead of milk. ur not supposed to feel heroic when ur playing as a troll. ur supposed to feel like ur playing a caveman like brute who just beats people for no good reason.

MobiIe Ward

03-28-2013

Quote:
"You don't know everything, therefore you know nothing" is a bunk argument. People have made it many times in this thread, and I'll call them out every time.

Riot has released some changes--changes in lore, characterizaion, and visual appearance.

The "diehard Trundle fans" (ie. the people that valued what Trundle had to offer) have seen that these changes replace things that they liked, and are suitably upset. It's like your mom telling you that your kid brother was going to the doctor to get their broken arm in a cast, and coming back with a new kid entirely.

"We're updating Trundle!" shouldn't mean "we're getting rid of a number of things that were unique to Trundle and giving you this new guy instead!" Riot has previously stated that they knew what Trundle fans valued in him and that they intended to preserve it and improve upon it, but those statements are provably false (unless this is the most elaborate and cruel April Fool's joke Riot made to date).

This is why people are upset. This is what I am trying to explain to everyone going "GUYS SHUT UP IT'S FINE, YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO TRY OUT HIS GAMEPLAY WHICH RIOT SAYS THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED, ALSO I DIDN'T LIKE THAT TRUNDLE WAS UGLY THEREFORE HE WAS BAD"

ur biased because ur a fan of old trundle. thats why u call it bad before u even see the final result. u need to stop hating cuz ur in the minority. most ppl hated trundles old design and r looking forward to this.

Lee Is My Name

03-28-2013

My only concern as a Trundle player is that is crazy yet amazing laugh remains in tact. It's my favorite laugh in the entire game, I'd hate to see it gone.