@Riot - We need a FEMALE champion from Zaun...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I actually really love Viktor! In fact, I think we could even go further with him on his base level. I feel we didn't quite bring him as far as he could be thematically and visually.

Even Viktor I feel has a little too much human going on with him. Not enough enhancements and not nearly chunky enough. I've like to sell that fantasy even more! Make him a real match, something pervertedly over the top.
No... nonono, why riot insist in trying to kill the best quality of Viktor? his lore, reason to become a machine, and looks are glorious, his problem reside on the crappy passive mechanic and in his limited range outside his laser.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
I'm afraid that glasses are my territory at the moment.

Can I have the hug?
I supposed it can be arranged at the next PAX, even though I believe I've already successfully arranged the delivery of a hug to you with someone who visited Riot HQ during a collegiate LoL thingy.

Lux Veritatis

03-28-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRL4uIVzVWI

Yeah Mr. Stylus, science!

Tortferngatr

03-28-2013

Also, to distract from this slightly for another aesthetic concern, what do you think you could do with perhaps adding to Kalamanda's champion roster? The Crystal Scar is weeping, and given the League's luck, it only makes sense that someone might have the motive and might to wipe away the Scar's tears.

...This may or may not be an attempt to convince Stylus to give a Griftrix-style post to this 220 pages and counting thread trying to make Riot update us on how it will treat Dominion in the future...

PenguinPaladin

03-28-2013

Ooh, Viktor visual tweaks? I agree that he could definitely stand out more.

Not totally inhuman, but he should look like more than a human wearing a suit with an extra arm on it. Actually, I think he's one of the few male champions with the "person in a suit" problem that Zyra and co share.

Vanchelot

03-28-2013

Halsey from Halo FTW

Holy Malevolence

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Nah just have Ironstylus concept her.
Armor mixes naught with mad science.

Daedälus

03-28-2013

Quote:
I actually really love Viktor! In fact, I think we could even go further with him on his base level. I feel we didn't quite bring him as far as he could be thematically and visually.

Even Viktor I feel has a little too much human going on with him. Not enough enhancements and not nearly chunky enough. I've like to sell that fantasy even more! Make him a real match, something pervertedly over the top.
Does this mean that the viktor rework SolCrushed promised us back in october will come sooner than soonTM? he hasnt posted anything on the megathread ever...

ManDudeMcDudeman

03-28-2013

Quote:

By "more chunky" and "over the top" I assume you mean something more akin to say, the Adeptus Mechanicus from Warhammer 40,000? More exposed wires, larger, bulkier prosthetics, etc.?

I like that kind of art style, but I feel like Viktor's fine the way he is. His humanity, even after his transformation, is what endears him to me. It'd make for a great skin, but changing his base skin would seem wrong to me. There's nothing wrong with him as he is visually.

Not implying that you're going to, but I felt like I had to say it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

03-28-2013
9 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPaladin View Post
Not totally inhuman, but he should look like more than a human wearing a suit with an extra arm on it. Actually, I think he's one of the few male champions with the "person in a suit" problem that Zyra and co share.
Whoa, I never thought of that. I do have a problem with the "suit syndrom" where we have the opportunity to push a character more to the abstract.