Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChrisCTX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Grumpy Monkey, now that you confirmed that he still runs on 3s I'm extremely happy, now my only remaining complaint is why did you change the club so much? I always loved how his current one looks like a giant stone fist, why the sudden change into just a pile of rock/ice ? Is there any change we can have the rock fist at least in the original skin please?

Typhingblade

03-27-2013

@Riot here's a suggestion about Trundle's Visual Update
Instead make Freljordian Trundle, the Troll King a Legendary skin and apply all the lore you've already got mapped out onto the Legendary skin.

It appeases current Trundle players with having their "Heroic" Trundle Lore while bringing in newer Trundle players by having a badass, World of Warcraft inspired, Troll King Skin.

If not Legendary, because I imagine the Voices are the same among Visually Updated Trundle, then 1350.

(Either way I am getting that Freljordian Skin, free or not)

MrTharne

03-27-2013

I want to ask something to anyone in this thread who knows Trundle's Lore AND Judgement.

Why is Trundle currently fighting in the League of Legends ?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

The Nice Boat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
I want to ask something to anyone in this thread who knows Trundle's Lore AND Judgement.

Why is Trundle currently fighting in the League of Legends ?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Attention. After accepting the disease Trundle became isolated and he hated that.

Edvard Rubeartis

03-28-2013

I really want to feel like Riot is listening. Because if they have stopped listening, I don't want to waste either of our time anymore. If they don't want to even pretend that more than one riot employee (aka Grumpy Monkey, and that for only a few hours) is interested in what we have to say, Then F-U.

Sure they might be waiting a few days to see what pops up from the various audiences, sure they might have different opinions, sure they might come up with some interesting ideas...but be realistic. The overwhelming opinion of those that care is that Frost Troll Trundle is the stupidest thing they've ever heard. Theres not much more to it UNLESS YOU CONVERSE WITH US.

In real life, if someone ignores me, I go away and find someone who will listen to me...after I get royaly pissed. That's instinctual. That's no-brainer. And to be honest, thats like every other marginally successful company of any kind. They start to feel important, and then, the consumers ideas and wishes are nothing compared to their own.

Riot has made a point of striving for uniqueness in the gaming community internally and externally. Internally as to their organization and management; Externally as to the involvement of their consumers.

With the release of the info on Patch 3.5, there are many bugs they have been fixing in the various gameplay of many characters---Glitches that have been driving people crazy. Riot as a whole obviously still cares about its consumers enough to address these issues.

I wish to appeal to the humanity of those that work in Riot. Change the way you work your forums. It is a form of communication between two people, and should be taken as seriously as you take you job. Let us hear back from you promptly, as if we were in a conversation together. That doesn't need to be every damn post from every random person, but it would be nice to know that our feelings are not simply being discarded by a company that 'obviously knows better than the people supporting it.'

This is not just about Trundle. This is about respect. Respect your consumers, and we'll support you even in hard times. Ignore us, and we'll leave you to have the obnoxious stupids that support mediocre gaming because they don't know better. You can try having a decent conversation with them. (Its painful... >.< I've done it)

It wouldn't be so hard. You have enough employees. If you start a forum, follow it. PARTICIPATE in it. Make it a TEAM effort from RIOTS side and your loyal fans will contribute to make a game the best it can be.

We, 'the stupid masses' >.<* as some might call us want to feel apart of something spectacular! LETS DO THIS!

JonGotGame

03-28-2013

Man, lot's of drama happening up North! "Winter is coming." A perfect shout out to the Song and Fire series or in other name The Game of Thrones! It make sense to add all this lore and champ remakes especially right now because of the new season of Game of Thrones.

I would really like to hear what Anivia and under appreciated other characters such as Nunu and Volibear have to say!

RainMayCry

03-28-2013

hi

Freon160

03-28-2013

1000th reply ftw

Gatvin

03-28-2013

Riot, you are awesome.
I too, loved old Trundle's story, but it was kind of written into a corner.

On a side note, any word on to what sorts of things are looking to be changed with is skill set? As far as I can tell his skill set seems fine, it just scales awkwardly. Are there any problems you guys see with his kit/playstyle?

FernandoStevens

03-28-2013

Old Trundle is good precisely because he is unique and disconnected from the rest of the world. He is a fleeting glimpse into a festering, swampy borderland, an outcast among the League champs just as his tribe is outcast among the peoples of Runeterra.

At least keep swampy disease-Trundle as a skin. That's all I ask.