Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoacs View Post
I know, the story is not out yet but i beg for a merge to not destroy one of the best stories so far.

Trundle was joining the League for someone to cure his curse and the Ice Witch could be just the person to lift it of course in exchange for his powerful body to carry the troll army to victory under her control.
He could have joined Ashe or Sejuani while they went back to Freljord and then got to know the Ice Witch.
His club could be the same just magically enhanced to make him able to let a pillar of ice rise out of nothing.
Thats the rough Prequel.

With the merge he would get a "you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain"-story turning from a hero of his tribe* to a villain of Freljord/Valoran/Runeterra/everyone.

His basic skills could mostly stay the same (QWE) with name and effect changed.

Decompose (renamed) could let him get HP-Regen for AD or HP or Armor+Mres fitting his highly regenerative body explained in the lore. Or simply giving him HP-Regen depending on missing health (something volibear-ish but not that extreme but permanently and scaling).

His ult is good in theory but not THAT helpful in the new HP stacking meta.
Maybe something like contaminating people with his old curse to show em how it was for him. Maybe a multi-cast true damage dot (scaling on max health) to either shred 1 enemy or put a dot on all of them.

Please if its bad dont just downvote and explain a bit whats wrong about it.
I understand your desire to merge the new Troll with the old lore, but I feel that would lose part of what is endearing about him.

Riot likely already knows what to do with the kit.

ShriekingGeek

Recruiter

03-27-2013

To be fair, it says nothing about the trolls actually destroying the settlement. Quinn arrived after the fact, and it could have been Sejuani's group that destroyed the settlement. Then Trundle arrived and in perfect troll fashion began salvaging random things from it.

SkirrLocal

03-27-2013

What if he is something like a shape changer?

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanford View Post
This is really disappointing as a Trundle fan. An Ice Troll? What the heck is that? Did you really need to change Trundle so you could fit him into your lore discussions more? I honestly don't see anything that was wrong with the original lore. He was a troll, an outcast. This is what troll's are meant to be. Keep it that way. If you wanted to make an Ice Troll, you should make a new character, he could be Trundle's brother, Grundle.

Time to... Look like a deformed Glacial Olaf with a club.
This, they I liked his tragic lore, and his mishappen appearance. Now hes some generic wow troll, even his "traditional skin" doesn't look at all like his...traditional self...its so OMG generic is pisses me off.

I'm actually pretty upset, Karma rework kept her character, trundle did not.

edit: maybe they are trolling with the troll and this is a set up for april fools? I hope so.

ValorAndGlory

03-27-2013

Please, for the love of all thing holy, don't change Trundle, you guys are already ruining Karma. Please not Trundle as well, I need him to stay the same I don't thing I could stand losing another favorite champion to a stupid reason like a rework. Just please I am begging you, I need trundle to not get ruined, not this close to the death of Karma, my heart can't take it. He is amazing as is, I understand him, I know the pain of being shunned and I can connect with him, he is the champion that I most relate with right now, if he gets changed, just please don't. I beg you guys.

MrSmileyy

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorAndGlory View Post
Please, for the love of all thing holy, don't change Trundle, you guys are already ruining Karma. Please not Trundle as well, I need him to stay the same I don't thing I could stand losing another favorite champion to a stupid reason like a rework. Just please I am begging you, I need trundle to not get ruined, not this close to the death of Karma, my heart can't take it. He is amazing as is, I understand him, I know the pain of being shunned and I can connect with him, he is the champion that I most relate with right now, if he gets changed, just please don't. I beg you guys.
well they at least somewhat kept, or even evolved karma's character.

This trundle thing the only things he has in common is being a troll with a club. That's it. Hi s lore is gone, it looks like his old personality is gone, his moves cant stay the same, they will have to change to likely "ice" stuff (which we have a ton of already and recently...) so event he feel will be gone.

Why not just make a new champion? =/ There were some people that liked trundle, and many who ignored him. With the Karma remake you at least tried to service those that liked her but this is a kick int he teeth to trundle lovers and his traditional skin so...I hate to so it but so WoW troll.

Fredgerd

03-27-2013

FU Riot. I love Trundle as he is and he is GOOD as he is. Yes, we as a community have long joked about Trundle being bad, but it was a joke and we always assumed that you we're smart enough to get it. I love every single one of Trundles moves (well, maybe not contaminate), and the fact that your changing him to be another boring ass Ice champion with a much less interesting back story and character concept is god damn infuriating. Please, for the love of all that is Jess Pering, tell me this is an April Fools joke and that the new look is just a skin, which will summon Urf's cryogenically frozen corpse out of the swamp on a popsical stick. Please, tell me you are trolling me.

This rework is one of the most boring pieces of trash I have ever seen Riot produce. I wouldn't even buy it if it was a skin. Trundle has been one of my favorite champions for a long time because he brought something unique and interesting to the table, both in abilities and in terms of look. This new look is complete **** and I don't like the sound of an Ice kit either. I want my swamp rot.

Crippled Giraff

Recruiter

03-27-2013

This is pretty awesome, trundle really needs this.

Deafiler

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippled Giraff View Post
This is pretty awesome, trundle really needs this.
While I disagree that he needs it, I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's a good thing. They've confirmed that he still has his scrambling walk, at least, so there's some hope for it still being a semblance of the Trundle we know and love.

Kinda wish they'd done the lore link before showing him to us, though. I'd think they'd have learned their lesson after the Karma fiasco, where the changes were leaked and people freaked out because they didn't yet know how it connected to her original look.

The Drezak

03-27-2013

Excited about this but..

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....onal_Comic.jpg

I swear that looks JUST LIKE a WoW Troll... The face at least.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Worl...l%3B1280%3B960