Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Sejuani is an old, old lore character, so yes I do mention her lore. We have seen his splash, model, and dance and only been assured he has his tripod walk. You're ignoring the drastic, drastic change detail. Ignore the ice theme. Look at his muscles. The stills are not the greatest, yes. But have Trundle as he is now when dancing. He's bipedal then and compare. He could have been leaner and still worked fine in a visual update. I have addressed there is little to nothing of him left. A walk is not cutting it.

The cohesion comment was at all your comments. I don't see a point. Sejuani was another bad example regardless of the point. Sejuani received countless complaints and again she is getting a traditional skin. Clothes versus bikini is far less a deal as the Trundle matter. Unequal examples for you there
I am not ignoring anything, I am waiting for the story. Sejuani was gone, her tribe had no contact, she hadn't been seen since saying "no" to joining Ashes fiasco. Quinn comes out and is like.. "she is here". It is a "shoehorn" so far, but let's wait. Just because Riot does not answer directly or instantly doesn't mean they didn't hear.

Yes Sejuani received countless complaints on many fronts and you still haven't said what lacked cohesion.

If a mage came to Trundle and said the institute has "A" cure but I can cure your flesh issue and you can keep all your gifts too. Why wouldn't he take it?

Grímmz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

yes i am

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hit Monkey View Post
I would like to maintain that the only reason he looks like he's on roids is because the new model has a vastly improved Anatomic Proportions. Head now looks logically smaller than the torso.

What they NEED to do is provide an example of a non-runt Troll, to give us the idea that Trundle is scrawny compared to them. Bet those guyss are freaking hulks.
If they released this troll as his own champion, it would be a great contrast to Trundle and really show the difference between runt and buff trolls.

Unfortunately, thats not their plan.

woopyfrood

03-27-2013

When upgrading a champion, the first thing that should be considered is that champion's fanbase. Even if it's small.

Of course, some Trundle fans and non-fans alike are impressed by the new model. That's only fair.

But you know who would be dissatisfied if you just gave Trundle a more faithful VU, and made this Troll King an upcoming champion?

Absolutely nobody.

Galgus

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
But, Trundle always talks about bashing and knocking champs from fountain to fountain.

Funny a rotting inflicted runt can say all that without any question of cohesion, he is so able bodied to fight with no history of fighting as a runt and all that his club is somehow a match for a lamp post.

But, somehow he can be physical and skilled to face the greatest warriors ever.

But, he can rot others... because again accepting what you want while dismissing the rest is easy. He needs to be in melee.

Again if a never fighting runt can do this to all the greatest champions from his world, the void and places beyond. Why haven't the stronger trolls taken over.

It makes much more sense that Trundle grew out if the childhood runt.
Even a runt troll may be strong by human standards.

We don't know that Trundle had no history of fighting, and the JoJ 10 shows that other trolls have been fighting the Ruhgosk and the Trundle helped the Ruhgosk push them back post-afflication.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...ovember-20-cle

I wouldn't be surprised if most Ruhgosk trolls knew how to fight to fend off the more violent tribes.

Not every champion uses much finesse or skill, really. Some lean on magic or brute force, Trundle being somewhere between the two.

IMO, Trundle's curse has made him a more formidable opponent than most of the truly strong trolls, and don't forget that his rapid regeneration and decay cycle would let him shrug off otherwise fatal wounds.

Thessalonike

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
"Growing out of childhood runt status" involves Trundle not being "runty" (scrappy, sarcastic, gutsy, scrambly, etc.) anymore, and considering that's exactly what old Trundle has to offer.
Again, if Trolls are massive creatures and this one is a runt even though he looks pretty much like the raiders in the joj. Not much runt to him.

Then who is stopping the trolls? More than one troll tribe exists, the "educated" population is not unified.

The rework isn't even done and neither is the lore.

I was at first against armored Sejuani because her lore talked about flesh and raking winds, but then I realized it also talked about getting beaten to near death and rationalized in real combat being hard under armor is probably a good idea.

I still don't like Bristle the champion fighter because it to me takes away the strength of the champions. I just can't imagine defenders of people, champions, etc fearing a wild pig mount or being challenged by one.

Sejuani needed a change though and so did Trundle. Trust me I used all the leave Sejuani alone arguments I see in this thread. Just give Trundle a chance until you see his direction. It can make sense if you let it.

Thessalonike

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Even a runt troll may be strong by human standards.

We don't know that Trundle had no history of fighting, and the JoJ 10 shows that other trolls have been fighting the Ruhgosk and the Trundle helped the Ruhgosk push them back post-afflication.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...ovember-20-cle

I wouldn't be surprised if most Ruhgosk trolls knew how to fight to fend off the more violent tribes.

Not every champion uses much finesse or skill, really. Some lean on magic or brute force, Trundle being somewhere between the two.

IMO, Trundle's curse has made him a more formidable opponent than most of the truly strong trolls, and don't forget that his rapid regeneration and decay cycle would let him shrug off otherwise fatal wounds.
Trundle isn't just fighting humans and his unique regen ability is being pushed to the limits with the weight of curse of hundreds. If anything he could be argued weaker just as easy as stronger in his current state.

Galgus

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Trundle isn't just fighting humans and his unique regen ability is being pushed to the limits with the weight of curse of hundreds. If anything he could be argued weaker just as easy as stronger in his current state.
I'll put it this way: you stab Trundle in the chest, that part of his chest rots off and a new one grows.

Where is the wound?

(Not to mention how absurd his pain tolerance is: most other champions would be writhing on the floor from what Trundle deals with 24/7.)

MyFatHornyTurtle

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
"Growing out of childhood runt status" involves Trundle not being "runty" (scrappy, sarcastic, gutsy, scrambly, etc.) anymore, and considering that's exactly what old Trundle has to offer, this would be considered a change so great that the end product has so little in common with the original that it can't really be considered the same thing anymore.

It's not an advancement--it's a 180 degree change. This isn't what happened with Karma, as she was taken from "not really an Ionian spiritual leader" to "REALLY an Ionian spiritual leader"; the core of her concept was clarified by eliminating obscuring/distracting/contradicting elements, and in terms of design, that was a decision that yielded positive results for readability, clarity, and direction. This is an advancement--this is taking something and making it more apparent.

Trundle's case is not so. It's just about as drastic a change as Dante in DMC 1-4 and DmC--while players had grown attached to the impossibly cool, white-haired, flashy as all hell Demon Slayer, Ninja Theory slapped that down because "HE NEEDS TO BE MORE MODERN (AND ALSO LOOK LIKE THE LEAD DESIGNER)" and the end product was something that retained none of the redeeming elements of the original. If you look on the Internet (especially YouTube comments), you'll see two main arguments: the "they ruined Dante!!" school, and the "I like this new Dante, the old one was awful!!" school.

Are either of these groups right? Objectively, no--the appeal of various qualities is entirely subjective. What happened here, was a large target market shift--wherein the developers made the decision to make Dante more appealing to a playerbase that valued greatly different qualities than the original playerbase, thus making it less appealing to the original place in the process. This, of course, resulted in a great amount of backlash from the established playerbase, and the HD Collection outselling the new installment.

Now, let's take a look at this thread. The comments here can basically separated into two distinct groups: the "Trundle is ruined!" group (consisting of Trundle's original playerbase), and the "I like this new Trundle better than the old one!" group. What has happened here, is a shift of playerbase--Riot made the design decision to make Trundle appeal to a wider group, whereas he initially had more of a cult following (as niche things tend to have). The difference between DmC and Trundle's VU, here, is that Riot isn't releasing new purchasable content--everyone that liked old Trundle has already purchased him, and now that the VU is happening, people that didn't like Trundle but like the new one will purchase him.

What has effectively happened is the equivalent of renovating someone's house while they were away and putting up a For Sale sign. People that liked Trundle before paid money (or the time commitment of IP) to be able to play him, and soon enough, people are going to be paying for the new Trundle--except now, there won't be any access to old Trundle.

Riot can get away with doing what Ninja Theory couldn't, because money is already in their pockets. They can only make a profit from this, and the consumer rule of "talk with your wallet" is no longer in effect because the wallets have already spoken.

It's technically not illegal, and certainly not a losing situation in terms of monetary gain, but it's also not the most honorable direction Riot could've gone with.
cant argue with this but that's some ****ed up **** if riot ends up doing this...

Thessalonike

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I'll put it this way: you stab Trundle in the chest, that part of his chest rots off and a new one grows.

Where is the wound?

(Not to mention how absurd his pain tolerance is: most other champions would be writhing on the floor from what Trundle deals with 24/7.)
He isn't regening that fast at the moment its a continual game of rot and regen because of the curse. He is rather horrible looking with the peeling and dripping flesh. Along with the pain how much more regen can he handle with flesh already dripping off of him.