Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flytrap

03-26-2013

I am simply mystified that one of the least popular champions in the League has such a large amount of so-called supporters.

Now I'm scared for the upcoming Sion, Sivir, Heimerdinger, and Poppy reworks...

Torvin Augeri

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytrap View Post
I am simply mystified that one of the least popular champions in the League has such a large amount of so-called supporters.
We don't talk about the Trundle club.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Because he still had supporters the same as Urgot did. He wasn't the typical standard fantasy mesh. I got to be a diseased, rotting troll. I liked that the same way I enjoy undead robotic hate machine Urgot and smelly rat Twitch. They remade what was underrepresented albeit beloved by a niche. There is now less of that odd charm to him because he fulfills standard fantasies more again with his buff demeanor and now more traditional ice theme. So, yes, people will be mad and upset. I loved Trundle for being different and giving me more choice in League. Now there's less unique about him. So there will be passionate replies by those who were usually silent but understood they wouldn't have a lot of niche in appearance champs, but they appreciated what they had. Now one is being snatched away to feed the masses. I am more disappointed about this than any action by Riot thus far since I joined (pre Ahri)

Hoacs

03-26-2013

Heres a little roughly summed up story which could make everyone happy:

The lores could be merged without a problem.
Trundle was joining the League for someone to cure his curse and the Ice Witch could be just the person to lift it of course in exchange for his powerful body to carry the troll army to victory under her control.
Thats the rough merge between both lores.
He could have joined/followed Ashe or Sejuani while they went back to Freljord and then got to know the Ice Witch.
His club could be the same just magically enhanced to make him able to let a pillar of ice rise out of nothing.

BONUS:
If you are some crazy plot-twisters you could even let Lissandra be the ice-witch in secret (skin option on that?!).

I don't know if it's still possible to make such changes but it would make me (and i guess most of the old-lore-lovers) feel way better than that his story is getting a complete reset.

With the merge he would get a "you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain"-story turning from a hero of his tribe* to a villain of Freljord/Valoran/Runeterra/everyone.

*He surely gets respect for that by most participants of the league.

Well it might look a bit shuffled and short but i am bad at putting my thoughts into words.

Ikkan

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So this is something we addressed with Karma's relaunch and maybe we ca do better job messaging this, but there are different tiers of reworks.

There are visual upgrades like nidalee, soraka, Annie, where only art assets are changed.

Then there are reworks like twisted fate where we change the look and the lore, but gameplay is largely unaffected.

Then there are relaunches, where the character can be evolved from all aspects, lore gameplay and art. Karma was our first. Trundle is qualifying as a relaunch since his new base is different enough from his old base to warrant the "traditional" skin.
Actually, Katarina.

high on dielon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
We Allways update the skins.
And probably. I dont know the final names. You will have to wait for the final reveal for that info.
You better still give Junkyard Trundle's update a pink shoe. I NEED THAT PINK SHOE!

Missingbird

03-26-2013

My main issue stems from Traditional Trundle's hands. They're slabs of meat with barely noticeable fingers now, why is that? Before he had nice, large, recognizable fingers for his oversized hand. I wouldn't think he could pick up ANYTHING with how big his palm is compared to his fingers.

Edvard Rubeartis

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoacs View Post
Heres a little roughly summed up story which could make everyone happy:

The lores could be merged without a problem.
Trundle was joining the League for someone to cure his curse and the Ice Witch could be just the person to lift it of course in exchange for his powerful body to carry the troll army to victory under her control.
Thats the rough merge between both lores.
He could have joined/followed Ashe or Sejuani while they went back to Freljord and then got to know the Ice Witch.
His club could be the same just magically enhanced to make him able to let a pillar of ice rise out of nothing.

BONUS:
If you are some crazy plot-twisters you could even let Lissandra be the ice-witch in secret (skin option on that?!).

I don't know if it's still possible to make such changes but it would make me (and i guess most of the old-lore-lovers) feel way better than that his story is getting a complete reset.

With the merge he would get a "you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain"-story turning from a hero of his tribe* to a villain of Freljord/Valoran/Runeterra/everyone.

*He surely gets respect for that by most participants of the league.

Well it might look a bit shuffled and short but i am bad at putting my thoughts into words.
Not a bad idea. Certainly a good shot at one. However, the actual new Lore hasn't come out yet (to my knowledge) so to try to merge anything from there is a shot in the dark. But keep the gears rolling. ^^

Skysama

03-26-2013

@Riot
About how much time do we have before the new Trundle is released? An estimated date would be nice.
I want to save enough to get Trundle.

TheEnygma

03-26-2013

update: Trundle splash

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JkXvTHZawg...e_Splash_0.jpg