Riot please there is a Vladimir bug since several patches ago

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hackulator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

spend less money on visual rework staff, more money on bugfix staff...lets be honest I love this game but the graphics are no kind of draw anyway

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

03-26-2013
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by questir View Post
Patch 3.04 and not fixed yet
It will also not be in 3.05. However, we do have a fix being worked on for a future release. Please do not bump threads incessantly; I'll update you when I have extra information. Bumping unfortunately does not expedite the fix when we are already aware of the issue. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldheartedjsp View Post
Not to mention its been known about for a LONG time
Length of time on live, while a small factor in our calculation, is not anywhere near the primary determinant of what bugs are prioritized. Some other factors (not all):
* Severity. This is a 3/5; for context, a bug that crashed your game would be severity 5
* Frequency. This is a 2/5; frequency includes how many players experience the bug, how often it occurs, and how likely a player is to notice the bug.
* Required development time to fix. If you have 4 moderately painful bugs that all take an hour to fix, we might prioritize those over a highly painful bug that takes twenty hours to fix.
* Other factors. Length of time on live falls under this category. All other things being equal, we try to fix bugs that have been afflicting players the longest, as well as fix bugs before they are ever experienced by players in the first place.

There are a lot of issues being worked on daily at Riot, many of which you will fortunately never have impact you personally. We are constantly re-evaluating our prioritization processes to make sure we're providing the most value to players per development hour. We hear you on the bugs, and we're always working on improving the player experience.

Kelberry

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
It will also not be in 3.05. However, we do have a fix being worked on for a future release. Please do not bump threads incessantly; I'll update you when I have extra information. Bumping unfortunately does not expedite the fix when we are already aware of the issue. Thanks!

Length of time on live, while a small factor in our calculation, is not anywhere near the primary determinant of what bugs are prioritized. Some other factors (not all):
* Severity. This is a 3/5; for context, a bug that crashed your game would be severity 5
* Frequency. This is a 2/5; frequency includes how many players experience the bug, how often it occurs, and how likely a player is to notice the bug.
* Required development time to fix. If you have 4 moderately painful bugs that all take an hour to fix, we might prioritize those over a highly painful bug that takes twenty hours to fix.
* Other factors. Length of time on live falls under this category. All other things being equal, we try to fix bugs that have been afflicting players the longest, as well as fix bugs before they are ever experienced by players in the first place.

There are a lot of issues being worked on daily at Riot, many of which you will fortunately never have impact you personally. We are constantly re-evaluating our prioritization processes to make sure we're providing the most value to players per development hour. We hear you on the bugs, and we're always working on improving the player experience.
Pretty dumb reasoning, sounds more like you're just lazy and don't care. (I don't want to spend 20 hours on a bug I probably created, so I'm going to ignore it and do something easier and hope someone else fixes it).

WoefulMe

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
Pretty dumb reasoning, sounds more like you're just lazy and don't care. (I don't want to spend 20 hours on a bug I probably created, so I'm going to ignore it and do something easier and hope someone else fixes it).
And sounds like you're ignorant and have no idea how a business is run.

Daerkannon

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
This is pretty unfair. As someone who works as a software developer full time I can assure you that no serious software person wants to leave bugs out there that are effecting customers, but realistically you cannot address every single bug.

What Jozrael is talking about is prioritization. When you have a limited amount of resources (usually time and people when we're talking software) you need to allocate them to have the biggest impact. Also there are software release windows to worry about, so maybe you can't fix the big bug that you want to because it won't be done in time, so you go after some smaller bugs that take less resources to tackle.

All in all there are a lot of factors that go into software bug triage and calling developers lazy because they aren't addressing bugs according your priorities is bad form.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

03-26-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daerkannon View Post
No serious software person wants to leave bugs out there that are affecting customers, but realistically you cannot address every single bug.

What Jozrael is talking about is prioritization. When you have a limited amount of resources (usually time and people when we're talking software) you need to allocate them to have the biggest impact.
Well said! This doesn't mean we don't want to fix the more painful bug, just that it might not be as high a priority to fix. For example, we will use a game engineer's time to fix the Vladimir bug, but it won't take all that much time (the reason bugfixes aren't always so quick to live even if they're easy to fix has to do with the release process, we want to make sure a bugfix doesn't cause more problems than it fixes).

Let's compare to an example of a very painful bug, and why we prioritized the Vladimir fix above that. Right now we have bugs that currently make segments of the playerbase crash on specific videocards. Why did we not assign that game engineer's time to those much more painful bugs? Multiple reasons:

* We already have the right resource doing the right job. We have game engineers better at doing code design fixes like Vladimir, and engineers better at finding the root cause of complex compatibility issues.
* These compatibility issues can take weeks or months to find out exactly why a specific videocard on a specific driver crashes out of our game. This Vlad fix is a much quicker fix.
* Players impacted: The Vladimir bug actually impacts orders of magnitude more players than the crash bug (every Vladimir player, as opposed to a tiny, tiny slice of the playerbase.
* Piling extra engineers on a single bug frequently has diminishing returns due to ramp-up time and the communication overhead for multiple developers.

We're not being 'lazy', we're being realistic. We're not spending the time we could've spent fixing the crash issue out partying, we're spending it on other bugs that we deem a higher priority (for many, many reasons) to fix.

Todderk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Why is this not fixed yet, combined with 200+ ping it makes Vladimir so sluggish to play, which is a shame as he is my favorite champion.
Riot pls.

AH3roNam3dHawk3

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todderk View Post
Why is this not fixed yet, combined with 200+ ping it makes Vladimir so sluggish to play, which is a shame as he is my favorite champion.
Riot pls.
The post literally right above you gave you an answer already

questir

05-20-2013

oOMaxOo

05-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Knowing about a bug does not necessarily mean it will be fixed next patch I'm afraid .

We do indeed have 12000 tickets in this particular tracking project. Not all are bugs, most that are are recorded and fixed before players ever have the chance to be impacted by them. Of the remainder, the vast majority have already been fixed.

We do not have 12000 open bugs in LoL :P.

A lot of players were impacted by this bug. How about you start working on it? It's been announced for a very long time and there is still no fix!