Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
10 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopyfrood View Post
Grumpy, why are you not responding to any opposition to the redesign?

I have some very fleshed out (ha ha get it) opinions on Trundle's new look, even the traditional skin, and they are less than pleased.
I have read your opinions, and thanks for the input, its a good gut check for us when guys like you post your thoughts. As for those with contrary opinions and concerns, Ill say what I said in my first post , wait untill you have all the facts and context so you can have a more well informed opinion. There is much more art and lore to be revealed.

SlightlySuicidal

03-26-2013

So grumpy does this mean the disease thing is completely gone?

What does that mean for his ability names/playstyle?

What does that mean for his lines?

I think this is what trundle players are most concerned with.

I appreciate riot addressing player's concerns about this seemingly drastic change.

Mad Hit Monkey

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmph View Post
The thing I'm distraught about is you killed his old lore and personality, the things that I, well, liked about him
They haven't killed the old lore, at least they haven't done so in any visible way.

It just so happens that the Troll King is Trundle. Why is Trundle the Troll King? We don't know. How did he get his ice club? We don't know. How did he recover from his curse? We don't know.

You're basing your conclusion on the assumption that 'They changed a few things, they must have changed EVERYTHING!', with incomplete information.

Greencarde

03-26-2013

I shall continue this lore story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
i call that sivir is going to be a space marine with dual weilding claymores after her VU

trust me i'm luscious
Quote:
Originally Posted by woopyfrood View Post
"While old Sivir certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt she was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Sivir and, well, we want to tell stories about her. So, we're scrapping her design as a mercenary femme fatal who defected from Noxus. Her redesign will feature her as a yordle seamstress."
As a young yordle sivir always dreamed of becoming of streamstress. One fatal day a space cow attacked her yordle farm....

keep it coming !!

Borand

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
As soon as there are no game breaking bugs, and when his particle work and vfx are in a suitable state.
Thank you good sir for replying!

Great work you've done there, you and your colleagues. I really like it!

Kanamoto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Yes there is some cool particle work yet to be done. And no, I already have too many kids.
GASP!
WHAT IF YOUR CHILDREN COME ACROSS THIS COMMENT WHEN THEY'RE OLD ENOUGH TO INTERNET, GRUMPY MONKEY? Oh no! Your youngest will be like '.. too many ;____;'

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranspearZX View Post
If he's not responding to the criticisms, do you really think that question is gonna get answered? I'm just saying... you all really do expect WAY too much from reds sometimes.
When the remake was first revealed yesterday I was very vocal about my hatred for it. What complaints do people have still that grumpy hasn't addressed?

1) The ridiculous lower jaw in the dance gif is not actually what he'll have in game
2) Trundle will still have his three legged gait we all know and love
3) While the angles make him look big and stocky in game he will actually not look too much bigger than he does now.

Wait until you guys see him in motion before complaining. It's clear they just chose poor, non-representative images to show him off.

Xoripan

03-26-2013

Okay, I'll stop complaining about Trundle, maybe the character niche he is covering now is better than the last, but I as ugly/disgusting character lover have to ask.

Now that Trundle is more Ice-Troll Tribe Leader, is it possible to see in some remote future a champs that fills the space left by old Trundle?, Something like a disease mage, or a pestilent zombie/corpse?

Edvard Rubeartis

03-26-2013

So, my last comment was way to harsh and direct, and I know you guys are only going to release a set amount of new champions this years...why not just put this New Trundle Rework in production as a new champion...Trundles brother or something, so instead of replacing Trundle and garnering the determined resolve of hundreds of passionate fans, you instead have a new champion that adds contrast and further depth to a champion (Trundle), a champion that Didn't and Doesn't need any overhaul changes, except Minor changes like putting his old model through a touch-up, polishing his boots, making a few new skins for him. Dat would be cool.

If you want to bring attention to his character for company sales or simply because you are as big a fan as I am of him, or you are having trouble connecting him with the other members of the league, do what you guys do best. Make a new Unique story and attach a new skin to it. If you can't figure out how to start, ask all us crazy trundle-lovers to help. We'd love to!

I understand that riot likes to experiment with new ideas. Riot, I don't think the presented idea (reworking+remodeling trundle)

Quote:
his reimagining in the icy north.
was not a good idea, however the initial desire to improve on an old, sometimes forgotten character is a good one.

So, everything is fine. You can still have a use for your work by making this new 'reimagining' of Trundle a legendary skin with a backstory, or a future new champion, or just take a few steps back to the storyboard and figure out how to keep Trundles character integrity and still make an interesting story.

GL RIOT! I hope this helps.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
11 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
Okay, I'll stop complaining about Trundle, maybe the character niche he is covering now is better than the last, but I as ugly/disgusting character lover have to ask.

Now that Trundle is more Ice-Troll Tribe Leader, is it possible to see in some remote future a champs that fills the space left by old Trundle?, Something like a disease mage, or a pestilent zombie/corpse?
Those all sound like great compelling ideas.