Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
8 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
okay my complaints are alleviated.
thank you riot

am i correct in my assumption that his huge stocky looking chest is only due to the angle, and that in game it'll look more like an only slightly bigger troll than we're used to? It seems similar to the technique you guys use for females - give them humongous bosoms because otherwise it doesn't come across from the overhead view.
Very astute observation. You are correct.

Nagor

03-26-2013

I don't know why so many people are raging about trundles lore before its been released or even his kit I understand there are the die hard trundle fans out there who just love nothing but trundle (witch I can understand cause he is a beast) but please don't disregard what riot are doing just because there changing what you like trundle will still be trundle he just will be different

I think there is a saying for this don't throw the baby out with the bath water
Anyways I know I'm gonna get down voted for this comment but I'm begging you take what I'm saying into consideration and try to think we're I'm coming from.

EDIT: dam the monkey beat me to it anyways good job on dealing with the situation I'm always surprised at how good riot deals with situations like this thanks for the posts though GM keep up the good work
P.S I love new trundle looks so cool

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
OK.

Was typing before he posted that.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snes C View Post
Here's how it is, guys: old Trundle was unique. He had an interesting backstory and a unique theme that was well-reflected in his kit. But this uniqueness came with some significant costs. For one thing, he looked disgusting. Exposed flesh and lidless eyeballs do not fit the aesthetic of LoL as a game and they turn people off. Another problem with old Trundle is that he was not involved with the world. His lore was interesting, but it was isolated. He had no relations, no interactions, and he couldn't go anywhere.

Riot traded out some of the uniqueness for a more accessible character, both in terms of how people perceived him and in how he could be used in the lore. The good news is that Trundle's personality is such that it could probably be transitioned without losing much. I'm sure he'll still be a jerk.
I don't think the looks were really a problem, and we also have Urgot as a purposefully ugly champion.

Not every champion has much ties to the rest of the world- Rengar, Nidalee, and Gragas, off the top of my head, interact with other powers but aren't really tied to a larger conflict.

Trundle could have had more interactions with others if they spelled out exactly where he was from, and perhaps his quest for a true removal of the curse.

(And more importantly, for acceptance.)

He could have also sought to hunt the necromancer with the hope that the secret to the cure would be with him.

(Either by killing him or gathering information on the spell to reverse it.)

Trundle wasn't really a jerk, and despite his sacrifice taking his tribe's regeneration away, it actually prolonged their life expectancy.

To quote the summoner in his league judgement:

""What they did to you did not cure them. It barely even prolongs the tribe's inevitable extinction."

woopyfrood

03-26-2013

Grumpy Monkey, here is my concern with the new buff Trundle:

Body shape says a lot about a fictional character. Trundle's gangly and, for lack of a more definitive word, punk appearance was integral to his character. It's part of what made him interesting, he wasn't just another "hurp durp big brawny troll."

With the new body must come serious changes to his animations and his voice, which will alter how he comes off personality wise, even if he keeps the same lines. I'm afraid we will lose the mischievous, sardonic Trundle in favor of something more bland.

I want the runt of litter back.

cwcriner

03-26-2013

I can live with the new lore and look if you just do a simple tie in something like: "Trundle entered the league to find a cure, was told that the cure would not only hasten his tribes demise, so did his taking on the entire curse for the tribe also doomed it. The only way to save it was undo him taking it on, and trundle decided to keep it. During the 2 years since he joined, the curse lessened as his tribe died and that he moved into Frejord and began beating up trolls as the weakened curse stopped stunting his growth, eventually becoming a troll king."

That's a story i'd like to hear; and will probably be my head-cannon even if Riot gives him a whole new origin.

Flytrap

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Doesn't matter. You broke your promise as I quoted on page 61 or 62. That's not Trundle. And his buffness is a far cry from the slight bit more you implied way back then. You changed the basic character and added a traditional skin that doesn't even resemble him for mode efficiency. Seeing his animations doesn't change the model. We've done the wait and see on past disappointments such as Celestine Soraka and Jade Fang Cassiopeia and it has brought nothing. You have lost integrity with me. That's not coming back because of spruced up animations for the death of the character we spent months trying to aid you with by providing feedback. I appreciate your quiet asking for judgment to be reserved but I know some matters baseline off careful watching of the otherwise very appreciated work that the rework team does. This isn't Trundle. It's an attempt at pacification for the greatest majority. I don't see any of his retained innate qualities that we like maintained.
That is clearly Trundle; too much hyperbole has rotted your brain.

People these days are so self-entitled and whiny.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytrap View Post
Jarvan needs to stop whoring around and go back to his first love Shyvana.

I'm hoping he'll have a one night stand with Lux and then Garen will be like.

DDDDDDUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEEEE!! What the hell man!? That's my sister!

Battletick

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytrap View Post
That is clearly Trundle
Are you looking at same images we are? Link to the pictures that clearly look like Trundle.

Beas7ie

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joking Troll View Post
So with this rework, Trundle goes from being a outcast of his village because he helped save all of them....to Troll King who is leading an army and waging war.....
ALL HAIL THE TROLL KING!!!!

He is the king beyond the wall