Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hylebosaiden

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Let me clear that up, in that .gif he is doing the "troll dance" in the animations the animators distorted his face for comic effect. I assure you he doesnt look like that when he is running around (on all threes, yes he still has the trundle run ) bashing dudes with his club.
Thank you for clearing that up, that was my biggest concern. I'm very interested to see how that works out because at the moment he seems rather... er... biped-capable >_>

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

03-26-2013

Thanks for the Trundle updates from the Art Team !

Gimme moar lore, Creative Team !!! hehe

waiting another week for another journal entry is tough

MrTharne

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Why can't he walk on threes like he's done forever?
Quote:
Let me clear that up, in that .gif he is doing the "troll dance" in the animations the animators distorted his face for comic effect. I assure you he doesnt look like that when he is running around (on all threes, yes he still has the trundle run ) bashing dudes with his club.
OK.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
okay my complaints are alleviated.
thank you riot

am i correct in my assumption that his huge stocky looking chest is only due to the angle, and that in game it'll look more like an only slightly bigger troll than we're used to? It seems similar to the technique you guys use for females - give them humongous bosoms because otherwise it doesn't come across from the overhead view.

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

Quote:

So his signature air hump dance is gone...another victim...

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
8 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
okay my complaints are alleviated.
thank you riot

am i correct in my assumption that his huge stocky looking chest is only due to the angle, and that in game it'll look more like an only slightly bigger troll than we're used to? It seems similar to the technique you guys use for females - give them humongous bosoms because otherwise it doesn't come across from the overhead view.
Very astute observation. You are correct.

Nagor

03-26-2013

I don't know why so many people are raging about trundles lore before its been released or even his kit I understand there are the die hard trundle fans out there who just love nothing but trundle (witch I can understand cause he is a beast) but please don't disregard what riot are doing just because there changing what you like trundle will still be trundle he just will be different

I think there is a saying for this don't throw the baby out with the bath water
Anyways I know I'm gonna get down voted for this comment but I'm begging you take what I'm saying into consideration and try to think we're I'm coming from.

EDIT: dam the monkey beat me to it anyways good job on dealing with the situation I'm always surprised at how good riot deals with situations like this thanks for the posts though GM keep up the good work
P.S I love new trundle looks so cool

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
OK.

Was typing before he posted that.

Galgus

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snes C View Post
Here's how it is, guys: old Trundle was unique. He had an interesting backstory and a unique theme that was well-reflected in his kit. But this uniqueness came with some significant costs. For one thing, he looked disgusting. Exposed flesh and lidless eyeballs do not fit the aesthetic of LoL as a game and they turn people off. Another problem with old Trundle is that he was not involved with the world. His lore was interesting, but it was isolated. He had no relations, no interactions, and he couldn't go anywhere.

Riot traded out some of the uniqueness for a more accessible character, both in terms of how people perceived him and in how he could be used in the lore. The good news is that Trundle's personality is such that it could probably be transitioned without losing much. I'm sure he'll still be a jerk.
I don't think the looks were really a problem, and we also have Urgot as a purposefully ugly champion.

Not every champion has much ties to the rest of the world- Rengar, Nidalee, and Gragas, off the top of my head, interact with other powers but aren't really tied to a larger conflict.

Trundle could have had more interactions with others if they spelled out exactly where he was from, and perhaps his quest for a true removal of the curse.

(And more importantly, for acceptance.)

He could have also sought to hunt the necromancer with the hope that the secret to the cure would be with him.

(Either by killing him or gathering information on the spell to reverse it.)

Trundle wasn't really a jerk, and despite his sacrifice taking his tribe's regeneration away, it actually prolonged their life expectancy.

To quote the summoner in his league judgement:

""What they did to you did not cure them. It barely even prolongs the tribe's inevitable extinction."

woopyfrood

03-26-2013

Grumpy Monkey, here is my concern with the new buff Trundle:

Body shape says a lot about a fictional character. Trundle's gangly and, for lack of a more definitive word, punk appearance was integral to his character. It's part of what made him interesting, he wasn't just another "hurp durp big brawny troll."

With the new body must come serious changes to his animations and his voice, which will alter how he comes off personality wise, even if he keeps the same lines. I'm afraid we will lose the mischievous, sardonic Trundle in favor of something more bland.

I want the runt of litter back.