Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

TAUNT ANIMATION FOR TRUNDLE - I'm lagging, I'm lagging and him moving forward by a few paces and then popping back into place. (not going to happen but the thought of it makes me laugh since he is a Troll and all.)

Battletick

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Lots of kind words in this thread, thank you. There are also a lot of concerned voices, I get that, we changed some stuff. I would only ask you guys that you reserve judgment untill you see him running around on pbe, and until more info is revealed. His new animations are among the best in the game imo. More updates and more art to come. You guys are awesome.
Why doesn't he even look like Trundle, what the heck is going on with his huge head/jaw. Besides being larger Traditional Trundle actually looks really good and has similarities to current Trundle, where the new Freljord Trundle has nothing in common but his club and might as well be someone else entirely. Would've preferred Trundle get no attention rather than deleting him, I didn't really think that was something you were willing to do but I guess it gives all those "delete Teemo" people hope.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
5 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Grumpy monkey or any other Rioter that can let us know, When will this be on the PBE approximately?
As soon as there are no game breaking bugs, and when his particle work and vfx are in a suitable state.

Freddy Spaghetti

03-26-2013

Did Bitsplosion work on any of the particle effects?

Sinspurch

03-26-2013

So...approximately when will the Patch go live? Its tuesday no?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Lots of kind words in this thread, thank you. There are also a lot of concerned voices, I get that, we changed some stuff. I would only ask you guys that you reserve judgment untill you see him running around on pbe, and until more info is revealed. His new animations are among the best in the game imo. More updates and more art to come. You guys are awesome.
People like me are concerned because, from all appearences, everything that made Trundle Trundle has been trashed.

(His unique crawl-walk, his physique, and mostly, his lore and character.

The classic skin looks to only preserve the rotted look without these other traits, assuming it doesn't keep his old voice.

So far, this isn't Trundle: its a new troll with his kit and name.)

Mad Hit Monkey

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySuicidal View Post
well, i mean it in the sense of the archetype buff male or half naked young female which seems to be the overwhelming majority of the champ roster.

trundle didn't fall into that before, but he will if he's turned into ice troll which has been done in games over and over again.
Allow me to first acknowledge that my 'random list of non-generic champions' post was half complete before you put forth this response.

Having said that:

You're not wrong in that there's certainly a number of champions who qualify as buff male or half-nekkid female, but let's actually look at that list of champions that fall into THAT qualifier.

I'm going to add the added qualifier that the males in question have visible musculature.

Males: Varus, Draven, Malzahar, Gangplank, Olaf, Udyr, Pantheon, Nasus, Renekton.

And for females, I'm adding the qualifier of more than just cleavage

Females: Janna, Evelynn, Nidalee, Miss Fortune, Zyra, Elise, Nami, Sivir, Morgana.

So... I'm going to say approximately 18 or so champions qualify in your list of Generic Archypical Builds..

yes, you can assume armored men are buff, and more fully clothed women are probably sexy if they put on a swimsuit, but having said that... So what? Trundle as present is probably just as buff and is too hunched over to be noticeable. The guy carries around a GIANT FRACKING CLUB. The Troll is BUFF. There is no indicator in the Lore that he was ever NOT buff.

You're basing his assumed lack of buffness on his ugly skin and character model. He's a freaking Troll, of course he's buff.

toxeus

03-26-2013

Dear Rioters, I had a vision. I was meditating on the similarities between Yi and Trundle and I saw a vision of a Trundle not dissimilar to his current incarnation, but instantly worthwhile. I hope you will consider:
Make Agony work like Malzahar's Visions, jumping to nearby champions when the original target dies. You keep the total armor and MR stolen so far, but don't get the base value when it switches to a new target -- it just starts eating 100/175/250 health and from 15/20/25% resists over 6 seconds. No more "oh no my team actually focused the guy I agony'd down for once, now my resists are gone." And it's a pseudo-reset that makes him much more viable in teamfights.

I hope this finds you in time to test this. I don't think he needs anything else (although letting his Q crit would be super).

Saber Nero

03-26-2013

I like the concept of a Troll King but wouldn't it make more sense to have one come from Trundle's old home and just have Trundle. You know. Be Trundle? Trundle was a hero cause he took a curse on himself, wouldn't it be safe to assume that a single leader of his tribe went out to Freljord in hopes to look for a cure but stayed there? I dunno just tossing out stuff.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
6 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletick View Post
Why doesn't he even look like Trundle, what the heck is going on with his huge head/jaw. Besides being larger Traditional Trundle actually looks really good and has similarities to current Trundle, where the new Freljord Trundle has nothing in common but his club and might as well be someone else entirely. Would've preferred Trundle get no attention rather than deleting him, I didn't really think that was something you were willing to do but I guess it gives all those "delete Teemo" people hope.
Let me clear that up, in that .gif he is doing the "troll dance" in the animations the animators distorted his face for comic effect. I assure you he doesnt look like that when he is running around (on all threes, yes he still has the trundle run ) bashing dudes with his club.