Thresh Viable in Solo Q? Gold-Plat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoLunMoonAh

Master Recruiter

03-25-2013

^Title. Thresh is def one of the strongest support champs in a premade game, but i noticed thats not the case in solo q. Players just dont right click the latern. Any1 else experiencing this?

Kugel

03-26-2013

If you are in gold/plat people should know by now to click the latern and use it, if they aren.t then it is because you are throwing them poorly. The big advantage with thresh isthat you can pull enemies and teamates alike around the battlefield, and a coordinated team bot can wreck. he isn't as good in solo because of this, but even if you and your teamate aren't in the same mindset and don't pull off the clutch lantern plays, he is still just a better version on blitzcrank.

SeCKS Egai

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeKugelblitz View Post
If you are in gold/plat people should know by now to click the latern and use it, if they aren.t then it is because you are throwing them poorly. The big advantage with thresh isthat you can pull enemies and teamates alike around the battlefield, and a coordinated team bot can wreck. he isn't as good in solo because of this, but even if you and your teamate aren't in the same mindset and don't pull off the clutch lantern plays, he is still just a better version on blitzcrank.
I'd prefer blitz any day, which is why I (and most people) ban blitz over thresh.

He's definitely viable and have seen him in the high elo streams. He's also a very unlikely candidate to see a ban, and offers a respectable lane presence.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

I play him in diamond, and trust me, there are quite a lot of thresh bans.

Qsario

03-26-2013

Quote:
If you are in gold/plat people should know by now to click the lantern and use it, if they aren't then it is because you are throwing them poorly.
Note that lanterns can actually be blocked by having things on top of them, as I discovered one time when there was an enemy Trundle with his tower hiding the lantern and preventing anyone from using the lantern to dash away.

Not that anyone plays Trundle, but I have to assume there might be other ways of blocking it. J4's ult might be big enough to do that, for example.

SeCKS Egai

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I play him in diamond, and trust me, there are quite a lot of thresh bans.
If I had to decide between the two, blitz's pull gives him more lane presence then thresh's with that windup.

Of course, a good pull can turn 5v5 into 4v5 instantly.

I definitely respect the thresh tho, that ult is meaner than most people realize, and the ranged harass and armor/mag res scaling aren't something to scoff at either.

Alexfrog

03-27-2013

High elo people click the lantern.

Gulma

03-27-2013

He's pretty good even if team won't click lantern

Azellos

03-27-2013

Quote:
You'd be amazed by how much people don't know in gold/plat.