So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunkrig

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodangItsMe View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you guys are making her passive so LAMEE!! KEEP HER OLDD ONEE
I felt this way at first but when i really thought about it, her old passive only helped when I was at half health or below and i immediately felt the urge to heal or recall depending of the severity at that point. I think this new passive will enforce interesting nukes in rapid succession, greater utility in team fights as a support, and fun ways to use CD items like Athele's unholy grail, and Morellonomicon.

Esobe

03-25-2013

I've played Karma since she was released. I was intrigued by her passive, and have always enjoyed the role of support. From the moment I saw her spotlight, and saw what she was capable of.. I was locked in.

I play ranked, almost exclusively, and have been changing people's minds about Karma. All they had heard/seen was that she was an underpowered, gold-dependent support, or a semi-questionable mid/top laner. I'll admit, all the talk that she was underpowered got me on the bandwagon for a review.. a minor tweak.

But in the back of my mind, I always worried that she would be changed so much that she was no longer recognizable as Karma. What I feared most has come to pass, so it seems.

I've read the changes; I've seen the kit; I've heard the new voice overs. I am saddened, greatly.

You mention that Karma's passive, in it's current form, is counter intuitive for players, For some players, yes. But, those who play Karma, know how to; those who do not.. can play a different champion.

So let's consider what her new kit has, and the real thought that went into it.

Q - a skill shot that has a slow zone effect that explodes when mantra'd. This sounds a lot like Lux.

W - a tether that only targets enemy champions, and snares them after a duration. This sounds a lot like Leblanc.

E - a shield. This is all you maintained from the original Karma. p.s. - Janna has a shield, too.

R - an ability that cools down faster (because of her passive) by using spells and auto-attacks. This sounds a lot like Ryze.

What is she losing?

A heal. One that heals her team. A very unique heal that heals based on percentage of missing health, that scales the percent heal w/ additional AP.. which she gets when she is low on health. How un-intuitive that seems.. This heal could be used fairly often w/ max CDR and could heal her entire team (and even creeps) if they were in a tight team fight (it might even hit the enemies).

It should also be worth mentioning that there are not a lot of champions who have the ability to heal allies. Taric, Janna (*), Sona, Alistar, Soraka, Nami, Lulu (*).. apologies if I missed anyone. Removing a healer from the options of support is pretty sad.

I've heard that her Heavenly Wave was.. confusing? or.. constrained.. in that it has a small area, and it's difficult to get ALL enemies and ALL allies in it, so it's clunky and ineffective. Note: Those who play Karma, know how to; those who don't, can play a different champion.

A tether. One that can attach to enemies or allies (even minions), and has a unique feature in that it has the ability to "clothesline" other allies/enemies to speed/slow them, respectively - as well as do damage. It was said that this ability relies on the team to understand how to use it to be effective. This is not true. When a teammate is chasing an enemy down, using Spirit Bond to speed them up is pretty intuitive... they don't have to know where the speed came from, they're just happy to be moving faster. Refer back to the "Note."

I know this is all water under the bridge; that this rework is already happening. I just don't understand why you have to fix what isn't broken.. just because the clamoring masses don't know how to play her.

The Definitive S

03-26-2013

IMO, her Q still needs to do a team heal and she needs her AP to scale off her missing health as well. Give her old passive back, put her new passive under her R so she has a passive and an active R. Her Q heal was so unique. I could keep my team camped at their base at half health for minutes on end until I ran out of mana. Please consider this.

Kaoe

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkrig View Post
I felt this way at first but when i really thought about it, her old passive only helped when I was at half health or below and i immediately felt the urge to heal or recall depending of the severity at that point. I think this new passive will enforce interesting nukes in rapid succession, greater utility in team fights as a support, and fun ways to use CD items like Athele's unholy grail, and Morellonomicon.
If you felt the need to go back with low health then you're not a Karma player.. She excels with low health which means she is perfect for baiting.

Kaoe

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esobe View Post
I've played Karma since she was released. I was intrigued by her passive, and have always enjoyed the role of support. From the moment I saw her spotlight, and saw what she was capable of.. I was locked in.

I play ranked, almost exclusively, and have been changing people's minds about Karma. All they had heard/seen was that she was an underpowered, gold-dependent support, or a semi-questionable mid/top laner. I'll admit, all the talk that she was underpowered got me on the bandwagon for a review.. a minor tweak.

But in the back of my mind, I always worried that she would be changed so much that she was no longer recognizable as Karma. What I feared most has come to pass, so it seems.

I've read the changes; I've seen the kit; I've heard the new voice overs. I am saddened, greatly.

You mention that Karma's passive, in it's current form, is counter intuitive for players, For some players, yes. But, those who play Karma, know how to; those who do not.. can play a different champion.

So let's consider what her new kit has, and the real thought that went into it.

Q - a skill shot that has a slow zone effect that explodes when mantra'd. This sounds a lot like Lux.

W - a tether that only targets enemy champions, and snares them after a duration. This sounds a lot like Leblanc.

E - a shield. This is all you maintained from the original Karma. p.s. - Janna has a shield, too.

R - an ability that cools down faster (because of her passive) by using spells and auto-attacks. This sounds a lot like Ryze.

What is she losing?

A heal. One that heals her team. A very unique heal that heals based on percentage of missing health, that scales the percent heal w/ additional AP.. which she gets when she is low on health. How un-intuitive that seems.. This heal could be used fairly often w/ max CDR and could heal her entire team (and even creeps) if they were in a tight team fight (it might even hit the enemies).

It should also be worth mentioning that there are not a lot of champions who have the ability to heal allies. Taric, Janna (*), Sona, Alistar, Soraka, Nami, Lulu (*).. apologies if I missed anyone. Removing a healer from the options of support is pretty sad.

I've heard that her Heavenly Wave was.. confusing? or.. constrained.. in that it has a small area, and it's difficult to get ALL enemies and ALL allies in it, so it's clunky and ineffective. Note: Those who play Karma, know how to; those who don't, can play a different champion.

A tether. One that can attach to enemies or allies (even minions), and has a unique feature in that it has the ability to "clothesline" other allies/enemies to speed/slow them, respectively - as well as do damage. It was said that this ability relies on the team to understand how to use it to be effective. This is not true. When a teammate is chasing an enemy down, using Spirit Bond to speed them up is pretty intuitive... they don't have to know where the speed came from, they're just happy to be moving faster. Refer back to the "Note."

I know this is all water under the bridge; that this rework is already happening. I just don't understand why you have to fix what isn't broken.. just because the clamoring masses don't know how to play her.
You make good points, I wish Riot would take more advice from the Karma players and less from the general idiots who play her a couple times if at all.

Kaoe

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkrig View Post
What will happen to karma's purchased skins for those who've bought them and those who haven't? And since this is such an in-depth upgrade does that mean she will have a price increase?
Read the Riot posts..

Kaoe

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Definitive S View Post
IMO, her Q still needs to do a team heal and she needs her AP to scale off her missing health as well. Give her old passive back, put her new passive under her R so she has a passive and an active R. Her Q heal was so unique. I could keep my team camped at their base at half health for minutes on end until I ran out of mana. Please consider this.
I agree with the fact that karma needs a heal of some manner or another, however it's done one way or another an AOE heal is great to have in any team comp.

CorporalPerry

03-26-2013

I have heard a fair amount of people comment on how her passive isn't viable enough. Perhaps (in addition) to her passive, also give her mana on hit? 1-2%? Like that she wont have to worry about getting items that would give mana regen and could then focus more on ability power items, making her more of a true mage like you envisioned. Just a thought =) Also it would give her better sustain in lane which is very nice (if playing as a support)

FeelLikeMe

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axhliay View Post
Oh damn

Edit; So glad that I already own Karma. For those who don't get her now
ga weg

Zoumbakoala

Recruiter

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
**** that ****, will she still be a viable mid/top laner after the rework?
Well, she already is... .___. I saw a Karma once who was carrying a whole team on her shoulders. I was Lux in mid and she was Karma in top. I never saw a Pantheon feeding that bad. I added this player after our game. And Karma isn't her main. This guy just love supports out of their main roles : Nami full AP, Lux ADC, Morganna top, Soraka mid...

All the op shiets that supports can do. I play Lux ADC often... And Soraka top. And Nami in mid. I know how viable these supports are out of their first roles. I can attest that Karma is op everywhere she goes. Never saw one jungling, though...