So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuskSC2

03-24-2013

anyone else feel like the kit is not karma any more, there is no sacrifice or trade left. The duality is there but thats not Karma. Karma is, you hurt her she gets more powerful. You get low on health, the heal heals for more. You get to close, the shield burst you for damage.

Now its just a combo kit with a lot duel effects and no karma, no punishment.

I would like to see something like this.
Passive: If Karma is above 50% health her spells have bonus effect 1, below 50% bonus effect 2

Q - The remake Q but more dependant on the passive
W- Soul link - share damage with or take damage for target
E- Shield, does effect upon breaking the shield
R- something flashy, the twin dragon swirl around her and all spells apply both passive effects
regardless of health

Olvilis

03-24-2013

I'm loving it. I just hope the amount of damage her shield absorbs hasn't been lowered.

GodangItsMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you guys are making her passive so LAMEE!! KEEP HER OLDD ONEE

CS3Narutoi

03-24-2013

Karma's new passive:
At level 18, passive reduces CD of Mantra by 2 whenever a spell damages an enemy.
Suppose she Mantras Q, both initial and detonation hits all 5 enemies
CD reduced by 20 seconds.
Now Karma W's an enemy. Ticks every 0.33 seconds, for total of 6 times over 2 seconds.
CD reduced by 12 secs.
If she has no CDR, 45 - 32 is 13 secs.
If Karma has 40% CDR, CD of R would be 27 secs.
Now 27 - 32 is......
Karma can now keep on spamming Mantras in team fights =P
So her passive is really strong...
However I really miss her heal though T____T even though her AOE shield kind of replaces it...
And also how her old spells affected both allies and enemies...
For more details on Karma's spells, http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Karma (click on PBE above Karma's icon)

Raineh

03-24-2013

i think the renewal is an amazing ideal she did feel like she was lacking but the only negative thing i have to say about this is sorta miss skills working for ally and enemys

Mewzick

03-25-2013

When will it be too late to receive the re-worked skin? I've been wanting to get her for a while, but I recently hit 20 and have been scavenging for runes so that I'm at least viable in my PvP matches.

danwilson

03-25-2013

I was excited about the Karma rework, but after checking the details of her abilities on LOL Wiki, I've changed my mind.

I played Karma mid a lot, and quite enjoyed REQ comboing my lane opponent until they died, wiping out the enemy minions, taking out the wraith camp, then ganking top or bottom. What made this possible was having a mantra charge every 15 seconds.

Late game I enjoyed using my abilities to simultaneously support my team and hurt the enemy team. Shield nuking the tank, spirit bonding the wounded ADC to help him get away, Heavenly Waves that healed my teammates while damaging the enemy... Much of that utility is lost. New Karma can heal herself only, her speed/slow is very short duration, she now has one support ability, Mantra is on that 45 seconds CD so you'll get about one per teamfight...

So my issue isn't that new Karma sucks, it's that the playstyle and itemset that I developed with old Karma is soon gone forever. Last month I had a Pentakill with Karma, in a game with the most kills, least deaths, and highest CS. She was unique with her tankiness, mid range auto attacks and abilities, and support/damage abilities.

What old Karma needed was to tweak her W to damage enemy targets, a second cast moves Karma to the target as an escape/closer, and autoattacks on a Spirit Bonded target refresh Heavenly Wave's cooldown so she has some means of trading damage with assassins and bruisers. I like the new reveal on new Karma's W, I think it makes sense. Her passive is a bit silly, but that's not a big deal.

As a support, I never felt Karma worked well, as her heal was too low powered and range too short and other champs had better sustain and CC... The modified W would let her REQ the enemy champions, then W to cause damage, then escape back to safety to wear them down and set them up for a kill. A Mantra second cast W could provide some minor hard CC, like a .5 second knockup as an interrupt on any enemies hit, which would be a useful ability without requiring a lot of AP.

New Karma seems to be about turning her into a long range poke champion. The loss of her AOE heal and nerf of her speed up utility (less than half the duration), nerf of her Mantra to make it more like other champions ults, passive that is of questionable use until late game... This is deleting Karma and replacing her with something new, and far more change than I wanted.

dariel111

03-25-2013

not gunna lie bro

she looks like bigbird

just sayin she's lookin kinda avianish
dont deny it HE WAS THE INSPERATION FOR THIS REWORK

I...im sorry i just had a breakdown because of this GLORIOUS REWORK
luv you riot keep it up and i might get admitted to that mental ward yet

XDXMiKeXDX

03-25-2013

hi everyonee who hate elo hell

Dunkrig

03-25-2013

What will happen to karma's purchased skins for those who've bought them and those who haven't? And since this is such an in-depth upgrade does that mean she will have a price increase?