Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reybag

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendybow View Post
Ok guys.
First of all its pretty close to april which means. April fools.
Second; in case you didn't notice, trundle is a troll (on april fools day you troll people).
Thirdly, urf is overdone theyre looking for something new, fresh, exciting that will make everyone rage and shout and argue etc.

The 'traditional' skin is his default; the ice king skin is just that, a skin, maybe legendary. So riot, tell me I'm wrong I DARE YA'.... in fact I DOUBLE PINKY DONKEY DARE YA'

Yea thats right, Im bringing out the big dares. (Also Ransom please marry me <3... and if you don't then Kitae can. ;D )
the problem is not only that he is not infected anymore,is the fact that he is now another huge pectorals,huge biceps generic champion.
trundle's body ,his walking ,his animations were really unique .
this other troll ,is just that another troll ,is not trundle at all

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
Im almost positive this is an April fools joke. The model looks poorly made and blocky. The traditional skin looks even worse. Look at the karma model, and then look at this model.
I hope you are right, but the quality looks to high to me.

Thessalonike

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocagenocitis View Post
Its still changing what made Trundle, Trundle. All of his spells are based around him being infected, his entire character is based around him being infected. And then he would die anyway because if he is cured of all his infection then he is just like all other trolls and would die like all the rest.
He isn't like all the other trolls he regenerates much faster than the other trolls, he regenerates so much he can take the curse of all the others.

Yaddar

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smikro View Post
I think the word who better describes this VU is "powerful".

Trundle seems really strong right now, a force to be reckoned.

we have a hundred champs like that... we only have one underdog.

Gixia

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
issue 10

north east. iron spike mountains.

is where Freljord is.
Seems I missed that. That said, it's still not 'forever' that they've been doing that, but rather a recent development. Furthermore, the Ruhgosk tribe weren't invading Freljord in general and attacking humans, they were attacking other trolls and reclaiming the land that had been stolen from them by said other trolls, and some freljordian people were being caught in the crossfire.

That said, I am willing to recant my complaint of retcon IF, and that's a BIG IF, the issues that this development brings up (and there are many, such as the curse being lifted or Trundle's tribe suddenly becoming more aggressive and violent) are actually addressed. And they CAN be addressed, there are solutions, I can think of a few off the top of my head right now, but I want to see Riot be the ones to do it since it's actually their job to tell the story.

If they're not addressed and/or it's officially deemed a retcon (which Riot HAS done before, like with the stupid, terrible Twisted Treeline lore change, or Warwick and Soraka's godawful new bios), then I will continue to proclaim poor quality story telling.

woopyfrood

03-25-2013

I'm sorry, Morello, but you turned Trundle into exactly what I didn't want him to get turned into.

Trundle was my favorite champion in terms of design. He was truly, lovably unique. In a league of threatening monsters, fearless adonises, and sultry femme fatales, Trundle was a goofy, rotting, mischievous troll. This didn't disconnect him from the LoL universe, it simply made the universe more diverse. He had no more thematic derision from the game than a purple mad scientist. Or a crystal scorpion. Or a gooey superhero.

The LAST thing I wanted you to do was make him into a generic hulk. His gangly, punk appearance conveyed his comical personality perfectly. But I'm afraid that we're going to lose that. Trundle was part of a very special, very dear to my heart group of champions: the comic relief champions. They included Mundo, Cho'Gath, Teemo, Kog'Maw, and others. Zac will probably join them, but it appears that Trundle will be leaving them. He is no longer looks the part of a trickster, he just looks like your generic mythical thug.

Thessalonike

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
Seems I missed that. That said, it's still not 'forever' that they've been doing that, but rather a recent development. Furthermore, the Ruhgosk tribe weren't invading Freljord in general and attacking humans, they were attacking other trolls and reclaiming the land that had been stolen from them by said other trolls, and some freljordian people were being caught in the crossfire.

That said, I am willing to recant my complaint of retcon IF, and that's a BIG IF, the issues that this development brings up (and there are many, such as the curse being lifted or Trundle's tribe suddenly becoming more aggressive and violent) are actually addressed. And they CAN be addressed, there are solutions, I can think of a few off the top of my head right now, but I want to see Riot be the ones to do it since it's actually their job to tell the story.

If they're not addressed and/or it's officially deemed a retcon (which Riot HAS done before, like with the stupid, terrible Twisted Treeline lore change, or Warwick and Soraka's godawful new bios), then I will continue to proclaim poor quality story telling.
Agreed they have lots of holes to fill!!

Like the last we heard from Sejuani was "she can't be reached" and might even be out of the region and then Quinn is like 5 steps and "found her"... a bit of a hole.

edit: at least tell me what you disagree with.

TerraRising

03-25-2013

I can't hide my disappointment in this...

Before this, Trundle was a sympathetic character that was only hampered by Riot's inability to make him useful in Season 2 and 3.

Now, Trundle is a common brute lord, something expected out of Tolkein or Games Workshop.

Thanks, Riot, for making something special as common as a minion.

Ira et Tolio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Riot, if you made his lore into him being some brutish jerk, I will never forgive you. He was a good guy that was pure of heart and soul, and gave of himself to save his tribe even though they treated him as an outcast, and then when they still treated him that way, he refused to help them (seeing as they are going to die because their body created a symbiosis with the curse and no longer have it). He joined the League to prove to his tribe and to everyone that he isn't the runt, that he IS worth something, which made him an endearing, lovable character. If this is diminished in any way, you have done yourself, and your fans, a great disservice.

woopyfrood

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
I can't hide my disappointment in this...

Before this, Trundle was a sympathetic character that was only hampered by Riot's inability to make him useful in Season 2 and 3.

Now, Trundle is a common brute lord, something expected out of Tolkein or Games Workshop.

Thanks, Riot, for making something special as common as a minion.
+1! Preach!