Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

I hope this is April Fools.

Just change his kit, his new look is ridiculous.

Thessalonike

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
The thing is, Trundle's old playstyle is intimately tied to his old aesthetics. Scrappiness, filth, disease, making trouble and getting out of it with a sliver of health, smashing through the pain. Trundle's playstyle, from a visual standpoint, is what you see now--a runt troll with a scrappy, feral run hitting people with a club as big as he is and regenerating all the while.

Not only that, but from a visual standpoint, Trundle's readability will be taking a hit--a buff troll king from icy lands is different from a runty, decaying troll that's as filthy as they come. Trundle's new look says a lot of things that aren't present in his current kit (only his pillar really makes sense at this point), things that are better said by his old look.

From a game design perspective, this is dropping the ball. Best case scenario is that this is an April Fool, that Freijlord Trundle is the new Trundle skin the Rioters were talking about, and that Traditional Trundle is the VU--and even then, just that buffness gets rid of a lot of what was conveyed by his kit, and a lot of what was endearing about his character.
The trolls have been invading Freljord forever, who knows maybe this Ice Witch cured him of this curse.

Trundle was gifted beyond the other trolls and taking the curse for his people sure wouldn't hurt in being named king after cured especially being gifted and all.

T33moHat

03-25-2013

These threads all ways devolve into the same 5 people being all vitriolic and alarmist. You literally know nothing about the rework. You have not seen the animations or any of the effects. Chill out till you see more.

Kevinslang

03-25-2013

Disconnected from the world? I felt he was connected just fine considering I could think about it in my own way. and plus the only story you guys post anymore are the lores, so how connected can you even get?! You took a character I loved and joyed from the start, and turned him into some generic barbaric troll from a fan boys D&D campaign referencing game of thrones. I don't mind the change in graphics, but why rid of lore that made him unique! I don't mind a few changes to it but please keep the pieces that meant most to him, and me. Most games make creatures such as goblins, trolls, and orcs look like barbaric fiends, but when I saw trundle I saw a troll that saved his entire civilization, and could have been a hero to all, but now I see a giant buffed troll who just wanted to kill and conquer like all generic creatures. So if you guys wanna change it FINE I'll look at trundle for what he truly was, the troll I truly loved.

I could be over reacting, because they haven't said all but, I don't want to many changes to trundle, he truly meant a lot to me -_-, if this goes through as I see I'll make a Ringling art thread just for trundle if I have too.

VicariousxD

03-25-2013

As a Trundle main, I am glad to see the other Trundle players posting here and voicing their opinions. (My post can be found top of Page 40).

Trundle was pretty much the pinnacle of balance honestly. It seems the only support is from those who dont like/dont play Trundle because they thought he was weak or simply didnt like how he looked.

Gixia

03-25-2013

Honestly, this is kind of why I have no faith in the people working on Riot's lore. Retcons are the worst solution to any problem. It gives off the impression of a hack writer who's written himself into a corner and doesn't have the skill or talent to tell a story properly, so they need to scrap everything and start over. It's entirely possible to give Trundle a connection to the rest of the world without needing to completely erase him from existence and give his name to a new, unrelated character.

Sure, he looks all nice and pretty now, but I can't bring myself to care because I'm too busy being pissed off about how you guys seem to think Marvel, DC, and post-RotJ Star Wars are the pinnacle of fiction. I'll never understand the appeal of remaking something in order to make it completely different, as opposed to just making something new in the first place.

But then, despite me being the kind of person who loves lore and first started playing this game because of its creative direction, I guess this isn't aimed at me. Afterall, I stopped reading champion bios a couple months ago now because they were simply getting too poorly done for me to suffer through them. With the recent lore things going on on the forums, I had hope that things were turning back around, but no, it was just a setup to surprise me with more ****, so I guess I should just start ignoring lore posts on the forums too before they give me an ulcer.

Flytrap

03-25-2013

Nice work Riot, the new Trundle looks hot.

Keep it up!

Your Shadow

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
No.

Apocagenocitis

03-25-2013

Im really not ok with trundle's lore being changed. He had the coolest lore of any champion in my opinion, and you guys are going to ruin it. Even if its good there is no way its better than the masterpiece you guys created the first time around.

Thessalonike

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixia View Post
Honestly, this is kind of why I have no faith in the people working on Riot's lore. Retcons are the worst solution to any problem. It gives off the impression of a hack writer who's written himself into a corner and doesn't have the skill or talent to tell a story properly, so they need to scrap everything and start over. It's entirely possible to give Trundle a connection to the rest of the world without needing to completely erase him from existence and give his name to a new, unrelated character.

Sure, he looks all nice and pretty now, but I can't bring myself to care because I'm too busy being pissed off about how you guys seem to think Marvel, DC, and post-RotJ Star Wars are the pinnacle of fiction. I'll never understand the appeal of remaking something in order to make it completely different, as opposed to just making something new in the first place.

But then, despite me being the kind of person who loves lore and first started playing this game because of its creative direction, I guess this isn't aimed at me. Afterall, I stopped reading champion bios a couple months ago now because they were simply getting too poorly done for me to suffer through them. With the recent lore things going on on the forums, I had hope that things were turning back around, but no, it was just a setup to surprise me with more ****, so I guess I should just start ignoring lore posts on the forums too before they give me an ulcer.
What retcon?

The trolls have been invading Freljord forever, who knows maybe this Ice Witch cured him of this curse.

Trundle was gifted beyond the other trolls and taking the curse for his people sure wouldn't hurt in being named king after cured especially being gifted and all.

edit: downvoted because troll fans didn't know trolls attack Freljord.